S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thought, but why spend all the $$ on a Figuarts just for the head lol?

True, was just a thought, love the black vader but the head is awful and I'm trying to figure out another head in that scale

Darth Vader (with Bonus display stand) and Stormtrooper are available for preorder at AmiAmi.

I'm almost 100% certain I won't like this version in-hand, but on the off-chance the production model changes I pre-ordered a pair. Should be very easy to unload if nothing changes. The most promising so far is the Bandai snap-kit Stormie. I'm mostly out of 1/12 but I have to see these Japanese figures for myself, even if I unload them later.

At 155mm, SHF's Vader is going to be slightly shorter than normal 1/12 scale. However, that should still put him a little taller than the normal Hasbro's black series figures, which is what I want/need him for. I just couldn't bring myself to buy that ugly Hasbro Vader from the black series.

As a bonus, that stand that Vader comes with looks like it'll make a pretty sweet display.

*edited: the figure is 155mm, not cm

@Stagger uh 15 cm (which is I assume what you meant) is shorter than a black series stormtrooper... That bums me out, cause I also wanted to use this Vader. Ftr I just measured it.

EDIT: actually it's exactly as tall as my sandtrooper in a lightly feet spread stance. But it still is too short. Vader should tower over almost everyone.

Missed it again. Surely these won't be that hard to get? Anyway, Hot Toys are making different height versions.

These look pretty good. I wish vader had a cloth cape, though. Like that luke and han also. Much better than the awful black series stuff

@Stagger uh 15 cm (which is I assume what you meant) is shorter than a black series stormtrooper... That bums me out, cause I also wanted to use this Vader. Ftr I just measured it.

EDIT: actually it's exactly as tall as my sandtrooper in a lightly feet spread stance. But it still is too short. Vader should tower over almost everyone.

Yeah, typo: it should be 155mm. Disappointing.

Is this disappointing?
SH-Figuarts-Luke-Skywalker-2.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Luke-Skywalker-1.jpg

I actually think it's kind of cool seeing him with the windswept look from the skiff battle (and all those old book covers). And it looks like a better likeness than on the regular head.

I like what I'm seeing. Most Figuarts are about $50-$60. I wonder if the Star Wars tag will kick these up in price. I'm definitely getting a nice chunk of these.

Not to mention at first you can get a bit of a discount from Amazon with Prime shipping on most. When are these slated to come out? I'm too lazy to look through the tread.

Looks like Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange a bit :D I think it looks great though and way better then the black series version.

Looks like Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange a bit :D I think it looks great though and way better then the black series version.

Japanese Jedi Lukes tend to look like McDowell. Medicom had the same exact sculpt.

Hopefully they provide a non gloved hand for tatooïne poses and displays.

Back