S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at these the more I think Mafex is gonna be replacing a lot of Figuarts. It happened with Vader after all. That Kylo is just looking so damn good and Phasma is a masterpiece.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

TO b e fair the figuarts is a pretty good representation of this look minus the weathering.
content21141_45987_2_1450357177.jpeg

While the other 2 (model/mafex) highlight this.
gwendoline-christies-star-wars-vii-chrome-trooper-captain-phasma-secretly-a-dark-side-user-not-a.jpg

I guess I can make room for both in my collection.:)

Does anyone know if Bandai will be revealing any additional Star Wars figures in their S.H. Figuarts line during the upcoming Toy Fair?
They wont. Toy Fair is an American convention, the Star Wars line is Japan only, so it wouldnt make sense for them to show off to a non existant American market.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Kinda random but which are the best OT Troopers to go with Mafex Vader and Figuarts Luke scalewise? I've got two BS ones now but I'm trying to upgrade and go for better quality and accuracy.

Really liking those Mafex figs. Tempted to get Ren and BB but I can't go all in on another line.

Kinda random but which are the best OT Troopers to go with Mafex Vader and Figuarts Luke scalewise? I've got two BS ones now but I'm trying to upgrade and go for better quality and accuracy.

I dont think there is a "perfect" OT trooper out there just now unfortunately. The BS are the perfect height but pretty badly designed, the figuarts is too small and looks nothing like it should, the model kit looks perfect but is just a tad too tall, and the mafex looks good but suffers from being a bit too tall aswell as loose joints. If I were to go with any it would be the model kit or mafex tbh.

The Mafex and model kits are best options, IMO. Mafex is a bit too tall, and the model kit needs you to build it, but they look really great besides Luke and Vader. I'm uploading an image of Mafex troopers with Luke. 2.jpg

I really like the Bandai Model troopers best but yeah, they are too tall unless you put them in a crouch. I have a squad of 4 kinda doing their own thing off to the side. They size up nicely with BS though.

Which is kinda sad

I really like the Bandai Model troopers best but yeah, they are too tall unless you put them in a crouch. I have a squad of 4 kinda doing their own thing off to the side. They size up nicely with BS though.

Which is kinda sad

Really? I wouldn't say Bandai troopers are too tall. They're supposed to be actually taller than Luke, and they are. From left to right, Hasbro BS, Bandai Model kit, Mafex, Figuarts Luke. 12716179_10153341441247826_4696948716131527156_o.jpg

I hope they wont ruin the head sculpt for Kylo, I mean look at their release on Peter Parker and still on the fence at their BvS head sculpts.

God dammit mafex, and yet still that horrible plastic scarf over cloth.:lol Now I'm not sure what to do.
Edit: think Im sticking with my own cloth mod and improve it over time. That Kylo's probably gonna be too big and I'll never display him unmasked anyway.

@vortex lol

Wegot like 4 phasma variants now, still no Rey.:rotfl

That's where Figuadrts will shine. They arguably have the best likeness for human characters in the 1/12 figure world. Mafex isn't that bad tbh but they just can't compete with Tamashii there. That face replicating tech is just too damn good.

Yeah but at this rate we ain't getting Rey till after summer I'd bet. If even later. Though on the other hand, to be entirely honest Kylo's the only TFA character that I entirely like based solely on TFA. I like Rey the most second to Kylo, but they really need to reveal more about her and progress her for me to become an outright fan. At least Kylo had more info from other sources revealed. I think they revealed to little about the new characters besides Kylo. Mystery is great but I need more to become an actual fan of characters. Atm Rey is the only other TFA character I'd spend money on. Still weird to me she hasn't even been announced.

Honestly I thought the same about Luke when I first saw the OT. I didn't start liking him till RotJ and thought he was kinda whack up until then. It's only the first movie so we have to give it time. This goes not only for Rey and Kylo but also Phasma. People are quick to criticize her but it's only been one movie.

Anyways, I'm kind of glad they're taking their time with Rey since I want her to come out perfect. With the human characters it can be hit or miss. So far they've done pretty well but we haven't seen how they handle female characters aside from Black Widow (horrendous so far).

Mafex is killing it on the taller characters . Between then and Figuarts it's going to be a good roster of star wars characters.

I actually wouldn't mind them holding off on Rey if it means we skip to her end of the movie outfit.

I was disappointed to see they were not at Winter Wonderfest this year. I was really looking forward to that. I'm not sure if they are going to be releasing figures only at private events now. Which means we probably won't see any new spoilers till October. I still think ANH Luke will be properly announced by the end of the month but also a bit of wishful thinking.

Is anyone familiar with events they usually attend?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back