S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does the Figuarts Vader look like with the mafex head?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I don't know if I understand your question... MAFEX helmet on S.H. body do you mean?
That's imposible to swap, it would need a serious custom job.

Thanks for the tip man, and glad you enjoy the vids! Im surprised how many people enjoy listening to this voice, its actually quite a dull voice in Scotland haha!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hate parcelforce

Just a heads-up for my fellow UK-based collectors - if the option is available wherever you happen to be purchasing, use DHL shipping. This is just my personal experience, but they seem to be able to completely bypass UK customs by paying off the VAT in advance on your behalf. They usually send you a text message informing you of your charges (if any) that you can then pay through their website while the package is en-route.

Avoid EMS like the plague, it will always be handled by Parcelforce and their flat rate of £15+VAT (always overestimated) in charges for 'moving a box from one conveyor belt to another' (I wish I was joking, I once asked their customer service team what the fee was for and that was, verbatim, their answer).

Avoid FedEx also, they will charge you any VAT incurred plus a £14 'handling fee' after they've made delivery, which can come as a nasty shock the first time you receive the bill.

RSAL takes longer to arrive but is handled by Royal Mail. They will charge you £8+VAT, but frequently let things slip through unhindered.

I always use SAL un/registered from Japan to Spain.
Never had a problem, never hold on customs, never extra fees, never lost packages. The cheapest method has been the best in my experience.

I don't know if I understand your question... MAFEX helmet on S.H. body do you mean?
That's imposible to swap, it would need a serious custom job.
Yeah, considering doing it. How do you feel it would look? Does the mafex head look better In your opinion?

9dcf40a0b2638d6d9e88e98fdfb3b3a3.jpg

Need to get some better lighting, but here's a few of mine. Waiting on figurearts Kylo so BS Kylo is standing in. I actually like his cloth cape and I may switch it over when the new one arrives.
Vader is the bandai model kit with the BS cape. I love the Luke like no other. I need to find a place that still has Maul on sale as I missed him and your guys pics of him are really nice.

Hello everyone!
I am new in this thread...i used to collect the Black Series, but ever since i got my hands on Jedi Luke...i got hooked in SHF!
I now have Maul, Kylo and FO Stormtrooper and decided to go with the Mafex Vader due to its scale (although i wish SHF did a Vader 2.0 with corrected scale)
Star Wars SHF are my first Japan import figures so i would like to ask two things since you are more experienced than me.

1. I recently saw images of EPII Obi Wan Kenobi, since i prefer that version much more than the recently released EPI Obi, do you think that the EPII version will be released or was it shown more for exhibition purposes?

2.Is there consistency in regards to the scale of each figure..because seeing images of EPI Obi i am a bit worried..let me explain...

e8135ceb.jpg
BlackSeries101136.jpg

Yeah, considering doing it. How do you feel it would look? Does the mafex head look better In your opinion?

Well, MAFEX helmet is bigger and more accurate, so it would look great on Figuarts Vader body. I also would like to do that, but too much work... I believe would end ruining some pieces. The only way would be to cast the MAFEX helmet and sculpt a new neck to fit on Figuarts.
If you do that, I'm interested on buy a couple of pieces.

AmiAmi shipped Obiwan! :yess:

Figure mid or end of next week should have it in hand

Getting ready to recreate some of these poses

Well, MAFEX helmet is bigger and more accurate, so it would look great on Figuarts Vader body. I also would like to do that, but too much work... I believe would end ruining some pieces. The only way would be to cast the MAFEX helmet and sculpt a new neck to fit on Figuarts.
If you do that, I'm interested on buy a couple of pieces.
Is the neck larger than the neck hole on the Figuarts body?

Just a heads-up for my fellow UK-based collectors - if the option is available wherever you happen to be purchasing, use DHL shipping. This is just my personal experience, but they seem to be able to completely bypass UK customs by paying off the VAT in advance on your behalf. They usually send you a text message informing you of your charges (if any) that you can then pay through their website while the package is en-route.

Avoid EMS like the plague, it will always be handled by Parcelforce and their flat rate of £15+VAT (always overestimated) in charges for 'moving a box from one conveyor belt to another' (I wish I was joking, I once asked their customer service team what the fee was for and that was, verbatim, their answer).

Avoid FedEx also, they will charge you any VAT incurred plus a £14 'handling fee' after they've made delivery, which can come as a nasty shock the first time you receive the bill.

RSAL takes longer to arrive but is handled by Royal Mail. They will charge you £8+VAT, but frequently let things slip through unhindered.

I hear ya mate. I have chosen EMS lately when shipping these in from Japan, because I know from experience when buying from China, it is really fast shipping.

But this is the third time I've bought from Japan now with EMS, and next time I'm considering the SAL, there's no point paying for EMS and having it sit in customs for a week and then pay extortionate charges because this is just as long as SAL shipping!

I'm basically paying for the fast shipping and screwing myself over by doing so.

EMS is always just too tempting at check out :lol

I've ordered from amiami.com twice, and been charged, I have ordered from hobbylinkjapan once and never got charged and it was here in 2 days.

I think next time I'll try ordering from hobbylinkjapan, and if I get charged there I'm going to change my tactics buying from Japan completely.

Thanks for the tip man, and glad you enjoy the vids! Im surprised how many people enjoy listening to this voice, its actually quite a dull voice in Scotland haha!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hear ya mate. I have chosen EMS lately when shipping these in from Japan, because I know from experience when buying from China, it is really fast shipping.

But this is the third time I've bought from Japan now with EMS, and next time I'm considering the SAL, there's no point paying for EMS and having it sit in customs for a week and then pay extortionate charges because this is just as long as SAL shipping!

I'm basically paying for the fast shipping and screwing myself over by doing so.

EMS is always just too tempting at check out :lol

I've ordered from amiami.com twice, and been charged, I have ordered from hobbylinkjapan once and never got charged and it was here in 2 days.

I think next time I'll try ordering from hobbylinkjapan, and if I get charged there I'm going to change my tactics buying from Japan completely.

I've been a HLJ customer for well over a decade at this point. I still remember the glory days when international packages ordered online weren't subject to import tax. Never had a bad experience with them and their customer service is top-notch.

Unfortunately, with how increasingly ****ed the British postal system is my shopping habits have changed. Most of my purchases come from Mandarake at this point, via DHL. When I do still shop with HLJ I usually let things pile up over 60 days in the private warehouse and have the whole thing shipped FedEx. £14+VAT is easier to swallow for a package worth £300 than one worth £30.

I've recently started using AmiAmi because they have more sensible limits on the number of a figure you can preorder (who in their right mind buys just one trooper? :lol), I use RSAL and just wait patiently.

I think I'm going to have to start looking into other places in Japan to shop, or maybe find a store in Hong Kong.

@Kunaka very nice man, classy and clean, I like it!

This is why Figuarts are in a class of their own in small scale figures

Detail and Illumination :clap

It's pretty fantastic how with the right focussed lighting these sabres do genuinely look like they're lit. Particularly Luke's green sabre. Downside is that from some other angles it nearly looks colorless but I'll take that.
I hope figuarts never touches cloth, theyre doing just fine without it and ive yet to see an acceptable example of any product in this size using cloth effectively, hell even hot toys struggle with certain pieces looking and functioning properly with it
As much as I do like cloth when it's done well, and love messing asround with cloth, ultimately I tend to find myself agreeing with this.
View attachment 239196

I mean, if some people actually prefer hindered articulation with fixed plastic capes, then by all means. to each their own :dunno
If the plastic cape looks better than cloth, then yeah I do prefer that.
Its the model kit! Call it a sneak peak at the next review haha!

Yeah, got him and the r2 bb8 kits cheap on amazon. 3po is a pain to build let me tell you. The chrome flakes when you cut, so needless to say I am now dreading phasma!
I've built a master grade Gundam as my second model kit ever, I'm not easily deterred.:lol
My opinion is cloth can look both better and worse than plastic. Some cloth looks great. Some turns out looking cheap and awkward. It really depends. Plastic is a nice constant. Although my preference is plastic so that it can possibly be replaced with cloth if it would improve the figure, going from cloth to plastic would be hard.
^This. Although I've only had one case where I actually stuck with cloth and ditched the plastic (lay Arts Kai Arkham City Batman. that cape is a cluster****.)
Getting ready to recreate some of these poses

God fakkin damnit I love this scene so much. I really don't give a **** about realistic fight choreography, they're force users, I chalk it all up to the Force making them sense what each other's moves will be and therefore getting a more streamlined flow of battle, because they know they'll have to parry the other even before they've made the move – at least, if they're concentrating. I actually genuinely love this explanation even if it's bullocks. Ewan and Ray were boss! The ferocity is so epic. This scene, acting, choreography, score, Duel of the Fates is where Lucas' vision shines.
Post it up immediately once it's done:D
Tamashii themselves already recreated this.

Back