S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah customs can be a bellyache but thankfully I only got caught once. If your package gets through without a charge the figs are really cheap compared to UK prices. The best you can do is expect the charge and be pleasantly surprised when the parcel arrives with no charge :)

Yeah customs can be a bellyache but thankfully I only got caught once. If your package gets through without a charge the figs are really cheap compared to UK prices. The best you can do is expect the charge and be pleasantly surprised when the parcel arrives with no charge :)

Only once eh? Any tips on which shipping method to use? I've tried both EMS and registered small packet but both have been caught. Do you only get one figure to keep the value down or several at a time?

Cheers!

I usually get at least two figs at a time. I mostly used Registered SAL (one of them got caught). I used EMS for my recent ofer of two battle droids and two clones, I got them quickly with no customs. I suppose it's mostly luck!

Completely agree with flinnty. My experiences from buying from Japan have been exactly the same!

Luke came with about £25 customs charges, then the week later Darth maul came with no charges whatsoever.

Plastic Bateman, that's pretty weird, I usually get my stuff from them in a week or week and a half, and I'm a third world country with unreliable postal service.

- 01/12/2015: Posting/Collection
- 07/12/2015: Dispatch from outward office of exchange

vbD2Ntz.gif

I just picked up a First Order Stormtrooper from Mandarake, it's shipping with DHL. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets here first :ohbfrank:

Hi Rtec1, I'm also in the UK and agree that the best way to go is by buying from the Japan based sites such as amiami and cdjapan. Yes, you'll likely get charged customs, but anywhere you buy from the UK will already have those fees taken into account in their selling price. The killer is Royal Mail's £8 handling charge, which is the same wether you are buying 1 figure or 10. I tend to order 2 or three figures at a time (and sell the spares to a friend or on eBay if he doesn't want them) to help justify the handling charge

The customs charges will be approximately 20% (VAT) of your order cost + £8 (the handling charge). Figures end of costing me around £40-£45 each. Not ideal for army building, but for what you get these are absolutely not priced "over the top" - the cost is completely justified. These are streets ahead of the Black Series - I'll never be buying Hasbro again!

Dude that sucks. Customs in the UK is wicked.

Hello mate, come across these figuarts Star Wars figures too late it seems. Can I ask what the UK seller website is you use so I can get future releases???
Thanks

If you have facebook, join the SH-Figuarts Star Wars Collectors group. There's a ton of guys in the UK, just ask the group where to buy figures in the UK and I'm sure some guys can help you out. I know there's UK sites out there but I don't know them off the top of my head. Good luck.

Damn, cant believe I have never stumbled across this thread before xD. I see a few familiar faces (EDIT: Ok, so most of you are here, fair enough xD), so hey folks!

Man, I told myself the black series would be enough for my star wars itch and that dragonball would be my only figuarts series after the disappointment Vader turned out to be (to me), but man, some of these look incredible. Kind of want to get Kylo Ren, but something tells me he is underscaled again, can anyone confirm?

Actually i just saw a fwoosh photo that has them at the exact same height. Kylo shf is actually taller than shf vader it seems. Cant post photos now. Ill onfirm later or somebody else perhaps.

And yes, how the hell did youthink black series wasgiid enough?:lol

Damn, cant believe I have never stumbled across this thread before xD. I see a few familiar faces (EDIT: Ok, so most of you are here, fair enough xD), so hey folks!

Man, I told myself the black series would be enough for my star wars itch and that dragonball would be my only figuarts series after the disappointment Vader turned out to be (to me), but man, some of these look incredible. Kind of want to get Kylo Ren, but something tells me he is underscaled again, can anyone confirm?

Nope not under scaled IMO:lecture

Actually i just saw a fwoosh photo that has them at the exact same height. Kylo shf is actually taller than shf vader it seems. Cant post photos now. Ill onfirm later or somebody else perhaps.

And yes, how the hell did youthink black series wasgiid enough?:lol

Yes lol! BS may have been good back in the day since it was the best option but Figuarts is in the game now. All hail Tamashii :pray:

Kylo is actually really well scaled. I always thought Maul was actually a little too small so I was worried about Kylo being the same but nope. He's perfect :)

Yes lol! BS may have been good back in the day since it was the best option but Figuarts is in the game now. All hail Tamashii :pray:

Kylo is actually really well scaled. I always thought Maul was actually a little too small so I was worried about Kylo being the same but nope. He's perfect :)

:exactly:

Alright, alright. I feel bad enough for cancelling my Luke pre-order, and now you have to take an awesome picture like that. Dang it! :lol

I'm pretty sure my Kylo-Ren is coming tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the re-issue of Luke so he can have a buddy.

Welcome, Deano. I'm glad you to see you finally joined the party. Perhaps now I won't be the only one singing the praises for the bandai model kits.

Alright, alright. I feel bad enough for cancelling my Luke pre-order, and now you have to take an awesome picture like that. Dang it! :lol

I'm pretty sure my Kylo-Ren is coming tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the re-issue of Luke so he can have a buddy.

:lol

This isn't even my good camera, charging my good one. The scales are great together in person :wave

Back