S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the SHF Spidey looks fan-f'n-tastic! I collect SHF so this is a sure-fire winner for me! The quality is also much better than MAFEX in my opinion...

Yes, I agree, the eyes definitely appear to be painted incorrectly (why not use a shiny, reflective white instead?) and the blue appears to be too dark (more Civil War's tones than Homecoming). The suit texture isn't necessarily movie-accurate either. That's an issue that Tamashii commonly has (and needs to get over) is that they don't often perform corrections on figures from the prototypes despite when source materials clearly identify the differences.

I think the scale looks good too, it definitely looks like a young teenager in the suit (as opposed to the Marvel Legends which had a buff upper-torso) and I like how they kept the body frame without breaking it up too much for the articulation's sake. I think MAFEX's Spidey looks a little awkward with how they distributed the articulation and made the figure's body lines look less natural. I think the MAFEX is definitely more movie-accurate but the SHF just overall looks better to me.

I think a Holland head-sculpt would be ideal, who knows why Tamashii didn't go with it, obviously that's a huge plus on the MAFEX side.

Last edited:
I think it's obvious by this point that Tamashi Nations is saving the Tom Holland head for Infinity Wars

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I think it's obvious by this point that Tamashi Nations is saving the Tom Holland head for Infinity Wars

Possibly.

Also Tamashii doesn't regularly do alternate heads with their Marvel figures. They've released countless Iron Man figures without a separate Tony Stark head (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have all the Tamashii Iron Man's) until they released an actual Iron Man 3 Tony Stark figure.

We did see an unmasked Steve Rogers head-sculpt with the Civil War Cap. That's an exception there.

No unmasked Black Panther, Ant-man, War Machine...

Possibly.

Also Tamashii doesn't regularly do alternate heads with their Marvel figures. They've released countless Iron Man figures without a separate Tony Stark head (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have all the Tamashii Iron Man's) until they released an actual Iron Man 3 Tony Stark figure.

We did see an unmasked Steve Rogers head-sculpt with the Civil War Cap. That's an exception there.

No unmasked Black Panther, Ant-man, War Machine...
And their Tony Stark head sculpt doesn't fit in any if their Ironman figures unless you do a little canoodling.

Anyone ordered spidey from HLJ? And if so did yours ship yet? Because mine hasn't I know it just came out but I want to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ordered spidey from HLJ? And if so did yours ship yet? Because mine hasn't I know it just came out but I want to be sure

Paid for mine along with a couple of other stuff Thursday and shipped Friday via FedEx. Tracking is showing that it's already in town but there's no delivery date which was weird because FedEx usually gives you at least an estimate.

Paid for mine along with a couple of other stuff Thursday and shipped Friday via FedEx. Tracking is showing that it's already in town but there's no delivery date which was weird because FedEx usually gives you at least an estimate.

Aw ****. I ordered DHL express but it hasn't even finished processing to be shipped out, last thing I did was pay. If you pay that means they had the figure for your order though right? Like I didn't get left behind on the pre-order?

Aw ****. I ordered DHL express but it hasn't even finished processing to be shipped out, last thing I did was pay. If you pay that means they had the figure for your order though right? Like I didn't get left behind on the pre-order?

If they billed you for it and paid then yea they probably have your figure. Likely cause for the delay could be because they're currently on holiday

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/ar...017-Possible-shipping-delays?mobile_site=true

Spidey is here

[/URL

[URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/Figuarts%20HC%20Spidey/89c2fefd-69a7-452c-bfbb-6f05526dfc31.jpg.html]

My thoughts:

I love it, pics really ruin the look, in hand this figure is a work of art for a spidey jointed figure.

I don't care what reviewers say, I think this figure beautifully designed and engineered like a solid tank, the joints are phenomenal

Yes he's thin but I think it captures the movie look that it is a teen as spidey . The blue is not as dark as the pics depict.

The one thing that I thought would annoy me..the eyes, turned out to be my favorite feature of this figure. Yes it's metallic but it has such a beautiful sheen to it that when the light hits it just makes the figure pop.

I really think as a first attempt for a spidey for Figuarts..they are on the right track and I can't wait to see what they plan on next.

This is the spidey to aesthetically pose ( yeah I said having owned the Revoltech spidey) This looks like a teen in a spidey suit .

Couple of nitpicks

Wish he was a little taller but that's figuarts norm seems like.

Be nice if the hands had sculpted webs but this is so tiny a spot I can see why they chose not too.

IMO and I ordered the Mafex version as well, I don't see it topping this as a overall figure, I know Mafex bodies are so flimsy and loose but I think the proportions might be a bit better but I just think the build will be the letdown.

So it's a person's choice whether they want to get this or not. But if you have it on order, I'd say, and I mean this..keep it and wait to judge when you get it in hand.

There isn't any pose I can't get this beautifully engineered figure in that doesn't scream spidey!:clap

He is tricky to photograph though because he is tiny

This doesn't need bicep swivel, it's completely fine without it. Don't even worry about the loose belt piece, it flows and meshes well with his articulation

A surprising bonus.. the web shooters are posable so you can twist them and contort with the wrists and hands so you don't get those awkward looking wrist poses that we have seen with the web shooters on a spidey figure..brilliant Figuarts :yes:

More pics coming up

Now that I have this guy, I'm so ecstatic to see how they will do the WW. I think she will be a great surprise despite the weird look of her head.

Figuarts is still on a roll IMO :hi5:

Spidey is here

[/URL

[URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/Figuarts%20HC%20Spidey/89c2fefd-69a7-452c-bfbb-6f05526dfc31.jpg.html]

My thoughts:

I love it, pics really ruin the look, in hand this figure is a work of art for a spidey jointed figure.

I don't care what reviewers say, I think this figure beautifully designed and engineered like a solid tank, the joints are phenomenal

Yes he's thin but I think it captures the movie look that it is a teen as spidey . The blue is not as dark as the pics depict.

The one thing that I thought would annoy me..the eyes, turned out to be my favorite feature of this figure. Yes it's metallic but it has such a beautiful sheen to it that when the light hits it just makes the figure pop.

I really think as a first attempt for a spidey for Figuarts..they are on the right track and I can't wait to see what they plan on next.

This is the spidey to aesthetically pose ( yeah I said having owned the Revoltech spidey) This looks like a teen in a spidey suit .

Couple of nitpicks

Wish he was a little taller but that's figuarts norm seems like.

Be nice if the hands had sculpted webs but this is so tiny a spot I can see why they chose not too.

IMO and I ordered the Mafex version as well, I don't see it topping this as a overall figure, I know Mafex bodies are so flimsy and loose but I think the proportions might be a bit better but I just think the build will be the letdown.

So it's a person's choice whether they want to get this or not. But if you have it on order, I'd say, and I mean this..keep it and wait to judge when you get it in hand.

There isn't any pose I can't get this beautifully engineered figure in that doesn't scream spidey!:clap

He is tricky to photograph though because he is tiny

This doesn't need bicep swivel, it's completely fine without it. Don't even worry about the loose belt piece, it flows and meshes well with his articulation

A surprising bonus.. the web shooters are posable so you can twist them and contort with the wrists and hands so you don't get those awkward looking wrist poses that we have seen with the web shooters on a spidey figure..brilliant Figuarts :yes:

More pics coming up

Now that I have this guy, I'm so ecstatic to see how they will do the WW. I think she will be a great surprise despite the weird look of her head.

Figuarts is still on a roll IMO :hi5:

Very good to hear, great review!

Activating Instant Kill

" No..NO I don't want to kill anyone! "

Deactivating Instant Kill

" Wheew "

Last edited:
You gotta work on your poses man. :wink1:

I believe Mafex will be winning this round, the SHF sculpt looks weird especially the default eyes which looks really really off.

It'll be another 2 more months till I have the Mafex one, but still unhappy how the SHF one turns out.

You gotta work on your poses man. :wink1:

I believe Mafex will be winning this round, the SHF sculpt looks weird especially the default eyes which looks really really off.

It'll be another 2 more months till I have the Mafex one, but still unhappy how the SHF one turns out.

Dem poses hurt my soul

Adding big accessories (Flame with Doc Strange, Wall with Spidey) appears to be the only way Bluefin can distribute these figures in the USA and get around Hasbro's "master" Marvel license.

:goodpost:

Spidey is here

Spoiler Spoiler:

Activating Instant Kill
Spoiler Spoiler:

This looks awesome and really cool photos too! Thanks for the review.

Angelo - Someone else mentioned in another thread that apparently around $80 USD is the "agreed-upon" price-point to designate these figures as "adult collectibles" so that they can get around the Hasbro Master Marvel license and distribute in the United States (through the "official main distributor" Bluefin).

This could also potentially explain why we see the $75-$80 price-range for Revoltech's Amecomi line and Mezco's One:12 Collective line in terms of their Marvel stuff.

Given that Tamashii's figures are around $50-$60 USD in Japan, pairing them with the $20 Effect pieces is the only way to make them "reasonably" around $80. I'm sure Bluefin perhaps helped highlight that to Tamashii given the fact that the figures nowadays aren't coming with as much in-terms of accessories.

Personally..like lots of you, I wished Bluefin would push Tamashii to make ADDITIONAL accessories for the figures to make that $80 price-point worth it, kind of like FIGMA's series of "DX" versions of their releases. Yes, with Spidey you could've tossed in a few more hands, maybe a Holland sculpt, Spidey mask, the web-wings, more web pieces, etc.

Hey guys, what figures would you like that haven't been made? Like a top five list? For me, it's

-Vision (Civil War)
- Hawkeye/Widow (Civil War) maybe exclusive two pack?
- Scarlett Witch (Civil War)
- Flacon (same as others)
-Gamora

Bonus is Vulture but they'd never.

Hey guys, what figures would you like that haven't been made? Like a top five list? For me, it's

-Vision (Civil War)
- Hawkeye/Widow (Civil War) maybe exclusive two pack?
- Scarlett Witch (Civil War)
- Flacon (same as others)
-Gamora

Bonus is Vulture but they'd never.

Winter Soldier and Drax

Back