S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could really use another facial expression though. Both are basically the same with the only difference being the eyes looking another direction.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't know why he didn't come with more expressions. He has quite a few of them to choose from.

I received the SHF Spidey ..and it's great

Glad to hear. I've seen a lot of photos and videos of him and he looks awesome. Is the Mafex out to compare or not yet?

Yeah, I don't know why he didn't come with more expressions. He has quite a few of them to choose from.

Glad to hear. I've seen a lot of photos and videos of him and he looks awesome. Is the Mafex out to compare or not yet?
I kinda prefer the one where he's staring to his left. It's so stoic and he does it a lot in the movies.

Go to the SHF Marvel thread..I posted many pics of mine

I kinda prefer the one where he's staring to his left. It's so stoic and he does it a lot in the movies.

Yeah, he uses that face a lot. Both faces looks great. If they continue with the line, I would love to see another release with this face...

2d03b064d632fb7920295b0c1b07cf01.jpg

Go to the SHF Marvel thread..I posted many pics of mine

Went over to check them out. Looks great, thanks!

I wish they would've included the webwings with SHF spidey. why didn't they?

IMG_0524.JPG

It wasn't shown in most, or if any, of the major advertising. Mezco is making them and they look really good.

Yeah but it's still an iconic part of the character and has been since the very beginning

IMG_0525.JPG

And it would've been incredibly simple to do, too. Including it would've been another "1 up" on Mafex's version. They could've at least included an unmasked Peter headswap. But Tamashii in general hasn't really been generous in terms of accessories these days, unfortunately

If it wasn't heavily focused on in the design through marketing, it more than likely won't be of any importance for the product design. Mezco happens to know the superhero market very well so it's great to see that they included it.

I'm not sure Mafex is necessarily at that level, yet, where Tamashii Nations needs to "one up" them. I have heard that their quality has been increasing which is great to see. (Strong competition is always good.) Unmasked superheroes aren't very popular in Japan though. (At least that's what Newman said.) So any unmasked version is less than likely going to appear which is upsetting since they've been perfecting their facial printing.

Good observations all, but this brings up a point we've all discussed in previous threads (even the DBZ one), Bandai's Tamashii Nations will always focus on their Japanese market FIRST before the International one.

So while we've seen them very much widen their licenses for Tamashii Nations, they're very much grounded in what we've seen as popular not only in the Japanese market, but the Asian market as well. A lot of the releases are figures that other companies HAVE DONE or that Tamashii is looking to "compete" with. That's why we're seeing so many parallel releases.

But as Angelo pointed out, competition is a GOOD thing because the fans in the end win, and these companies "do more" so they can "one-up" each other.

Medicom has had an interesting rollercoaster with highs and lows. I remember that they were the premiere "anime-centric" 12", 1/6-scale figures (Real Action Heroes - RAH) early on but their quality eventually led them to self-destruct. I think that line still exists, but it releases few-and-far between and isn't a threat to Hot Toys, ThreeZero, 3A, etc. Seems like they were able to continue along with success thanks to their "sustainable" collection series like Kubricks, Bearbricks, VCDs, and now MAFEX.

Last edited:
Classic Akuma! Helllll yeahhhh. Made my day with that one

I was surprised when they revealed it at SDCC that they would be going with the classic version instead of the Street Fighter V design. I don't see it being an alternative head either.

I spoke with a rep at nycc 2016 at the tamashii booth and he told me Ken was in the works, idk what version it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like how they're releasing 1 male and 1 female in their schedule. So it'll be interesting to see who comes out after Akuma and R. Mika.

I really want Laura.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cammy. She's the next after Chun Li in terms of popularity.

I hope they do Balrog, Sagat and Vega as well.

Cammy is released on Friday and then R. Mika will be released with Akuma. So I imagine the next most popular female would be Karin?

I can easily see Vega being released if this line does well.

Back