Rory's Cave V2.0 (customs, mods, collection)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batmod. I don't think I've ever cut a figure up as much as this.
I added eyelids a while back, but a broken shoulder joint spured me on to take the entire thing to pieces.

I.. Took out PERS plate, dremmeled out inside of head, then heated it in boiling water (don't try with PERS inside) I restructured and widened cowl slightly, I cut the suit off, took out the under suit, I cut the shoulder pads into two sections and molded them in hot water. I made custom DX02/DX12 hybrid boots, resized the belt for the now thinner figure by taking links out at back. And then all the usual mods that everyone has been doing. Pretty happy with it.
4-39.jpg

photo-68_zps7f2bb112.jpg
photo-68_zpsbea8a4c6.jpg
1-79.jpg
3-58.jpg

Last edited:
Batmod. I don't think I've ever cut a figure up as much as this.
I added eyelids a while back, but a broken shoulder joint spured me on to take the entire thing to pieces.

I.. Took out PERS plate, dremmeled out inside of head, then heated it in boiling water (don't try with PERS inside) I restructured and widened cowl slightly, I cut the suit off, took out the under suit, I cut the shoulder pads into two sections and molded them in hot water. I made custom DX02/DX12 hybrid boots, resized the belt for the now thinner figure by taking links out at back. And then all the usual mods that everyone has been doing. Pretty happy with it.
4-39.jpg

photo-68_zps7f2bb112.jpg
photo-68_zpsbea8a4c6.jpg
1-79.jpg
3-58.jpg

Wow. That's a heck of a lot of mods. The results speak for themselves - great job!

Avengers Captain America:
Love this figure, so colorful and clean. I fixed the neck/shoulder slope.

1-81.jpg
3-60.jpg
2-68.jpg

Last edited:
All your shots are always so amazing. I'm jealous :)

I love all the mods you did to your dx12, i will probably make them all now.

Thanks man!
I have Bane coming in next few days, but your custom version is so good that it has made me afraid to even look at it out of the box! I will have to set aside some time to do a lot of work to it, I think yours is actually 100% perfect.
:panic:

Thanks man, the HT version is pretty good.
I will get it for sure.
BUT it need a heavy weathering to take away that toyish look he has atm.

Thanks guys, I had a Luke free afternoon today and tackled the eyes on the DX12. Sculpted new eyelids, started a repaint. Getting the thing apart without damaging it was a complete bastard.

1-73.jpg
3-57.jpg

It be hard pushed to say that was a figure.

Seriously mate I dont think I have anything on you, your mods are fantastic :) really impressed :)

Thanks man.
:hi5:

I decided to **** up one of my captain america figures as a contrast to the clean Avengers version..I know he was never this trashed in the movie, and I think Elvis's one is the benchmark but anyway...WIP (bit glossy in places still)..
6-27.jpg
2-69.jpg
4-40.jpg
1-82.jpg
5-34.jpg

to this...

1-81.jpg
3-60.jpg

Last edited:
Your mods elevate yet another couple of figures...fantastic work. :clap

I dare say that if First Averger Cap came that way out of the box, I might of held onto him.

Glad to see you back here, I hope you had a nice Holiday season! :hi5:

Your mods elevate yet another couple of figures...fantastic work. :clap

I dare say that if First Averger Cap came that way out of the box, I might of held onto him.

Glad to see you back here, I hope you had a nice Holiday season! :hi5:

Hey man, happy 2013. I got tired of lurking for a few months..:lol
:hi5:

I don't see what the fuss is about. So Rory takes amazing pictures and customizes turned up to 11. Big deal.....pfft....:sleep

Back