Rock Band 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought RB: Green Day was coming out soon? Won't this announcement kill the sales on this title?

Also, Sony is making a bunch of announcements tomorrow. Do you think we will see this shown tomorrow using the Arc or something?

I still don't like and won't buy any RB or GH "specific band" titles. I like a wide selection of songs and don't really want a game filled with songs by just one band.

it all depends on the band. I lost a lot of steam on the music games, so I haven't bought a new one since Smash Hits, but I would be all over like fat kid on cake for a Pink Floyd or Rush or another of my favorite bands.

I still don't like and won't buy any RB or GH "specific band" titles. I like a wide selection of songs and don't really want a game filled with songs by just one band.

actually, i don't buy the band titles for the opposite reason... they aren't only the specific band (say metallica)... they are also comprised of other bands that inspired or were inspired by that band. which i think is weak.

looks like keyboard/piano for rock band 3

174510rockband31419634.jpg

on the rock band green day demo, when you select "exit" on the game demo. You get a teaser for Rock Band 3, which displays all of the series' iconic instrument logos plus... a keyboard. Yeah, you're seeing that correctly -- it looks like keyboards will be a playable instrument in Rock Band 3.

awesome! hopefully they give us a lot of prog rock like Yes, Genesis, Kansas, Pink Floyd!, more Rush, also some 80s new wave.

i think it would be cool if they allowed for some kind of synth setup with the keyboard as well... add your own kind of effects to songs, etc.

rockband3xlarge.jpg

The keyboard is a "25-key, fully functioning MIDI" version of the real thing, and is one of two key improvements made to the game, the other being the introduction of a new "Rock Band Pro" mode for expert players, which replaces coloured tabs with real musical symbols in an effort to get players on the track to playing real instruments.

To complement Pro mode, there are two new guitar controllers in development that feature actual strings, one a full-sized replica of a Fender Stratocaster, the other a Fender Mustang Pro. "You can go from plucking single notes to power chords and bar chords, we have crazy stuff like tapping and slides," Harmonix's Sylvain Dubrofsky says. "If you ever had any aspirations of connecting with the music in a deeper way ... you are really going to like Rock Band 3."

Other Rock Band 3 advances: improved animations, refined gameplay features — players can drop in and out of games, or change instruments and difficulty settings without stopping songs — and a easier-to-use song menu.

A partial tracklist has also been revealed, and is predictably keyboard-heavy.

2000s
Combat Baby — Metric
Dead End Friends — Them Crooked Vultures
Get Free — The Vines
Lasso — Phoenix
Me Enamora — Juanes
Oh My God — Ida Maria
Portions of Foxes — Rilo Kiley
The Hardest Button to Button — The White Stripes

1990s
Been Caught Stealing — Jane's Addiction
In the Meantime — Spacehog
Plush — Stone Temple Pilots
Walkin' on the Sun — Smash Mouth

1980s
Crazy Train — Ozzy Osbourne
Here I Go Again — Whitesnake
I Love Rock and Roll — Joan Jett
Just Like Heaven — The Cure
Rainbow in the Dark — Dio
The Power of Love — Huey Lewis and the News
Sister Christian — Night Ranger

1960s-1970s
Bohemian Rhapsody — Queen
Break On Through — The Doors
Crosstown Traffic — Jimi Hendrix

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="https://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/30317506001?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=90946364001&playerID=30317506001&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="https://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="https://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/30317506001?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=90946364001&playerID=30317506001&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="https://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

500xrb3guitardetail0104.jpg

The next version of Rock Band is going "Pro," adding a new keyboard controller, a 102-button, six-string guitar controller and a new cymbal add-on for the game's drum controller. How much will Pros have to pay to play?

Peripheral maker Mad Catz revealed the pricing of its new Rock Band 3 controllers today, the ones that will add a more intense level of difficulty and may even teach players how to play some of their favorite songs. Adding a keyboardist to your line-up or investing in one of Rock Band 3's Pro controllers won't be cheap—the all-new guitar controller tops the list at $150 USD—but at least you have options.

* Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard Controller (Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 / Wii) - $79.99
* Rock Band 3 Game & Wireless Keyboard Controller Bundle (Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 / Wii) - $129.99
* Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller (Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 / Wii) - $149.99
* Rock Band 3 Wireless PRO-Cymbals Expansion Kit (Universal) - $39.99
* Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-Adapter (Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 / Wii) - $39.99

I was getting really excited, until I realized they still aren't supporting us lefties with a proper lefty guitar. I hope they come to their senses and make one. I could get the midi adapter and buy my own, but that's kindof juryrigged. I'd much rather have an official one.

IMO they are trying to make it too real. If you want to play a real guitar then learn to do so. I can play a little and if I want to play a real guitar then I pick it up and do so. When I want to just have fun and play a game then that's what RB is for.

Back