RoboCop 3 with Flight Pack pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks for posting pics, they answer a lot of questions we've had. Truth is, both Robos have slight enough differences to be considered different. I think I prefer the paint on the first version, and although the head is more detailed, I'm not liking the way the mask looks on the Flight Pack Robo. It shows too much face, the first version looks much more accurate.
I'd prefer to have the first Robo but since he's long soldout and has risen in price, I think I'll have to get the Flight pack version.

From these pics, it looks like you can buy the Flight Pack version, put the pack on the 1st version of Robocop, and sell the blue-tinted Robo at a reduced price on eBay. Wait long enough and you might get close to retail if Robo becomes scarce and highly wanted.

I saw a guy selling a Robo 3 with Flight Pack on ebay a few weeks ago but it was obvious he switched out the Robo 1 figure. Buyer beware.

dekadentdave said:
I saw a guy selling a Robo 3 with Flight Pack on ebay a few weeks ago but it was obvious he switched out the Robo 1 figure. Buyer beware.

What do you mean he "switched out" the Robo 1 figure?

He replaced the Robo 3 with flight pack and put in a Robo 1 figure in its place so the unlucky bastard that bought him would have a Robo 1 with flight pack and probably wouldn't know they were Melvined.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
What do you mean he "switched out" the Robo 1 figure?
I think he's saying that the Flight Pack Robo 3 had the Robo 1 body and head instead of the Robo 3 head and body. Wish I was lucky enough to get fooled, I'd rather have the Robo 1 head sculpt.

Same, this is the kind of getting screwed you want as being screwed by a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. It's the good kind of screwed! Robocop 3 face is ack!

screamingmetal said:
I think he's saying that the Flight Pack Robo 3 had the Robo 1 body and head instead of the Robo 3 head and body. Wish I was lucky enough to get fooled, I'd rather have the Robo 1 head sculpt.

That's what I thought he meant too. Personally, that's the auction I would WANT to win!!!

But in all fairness, trying to sneak the switch is wholly unacceptable. If the seller would've admitted the switch, I'm sure he still would've made a decent amount of $$. But that's wrong to lie about it.

Yeah but what about the guy who wants the Robo 3 with removeabole helmet? I have the Robo 1 and I want that one.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
That's what I thought he meant too. Personally, that's the auction I would WANT to win!!!

But in all fairness, trying to sneak the switch is wholly unacceptable. If the seller would've admitted the switch, I'm sure he still would've made a decent amount of $$. But that's wrong to lie about it.
dekadentdave said:
Yeah but what about the guy who wants the Robo 3 with removeabole helmet? I have the Robo 1 and I want that one.
Very true. But in my mind, that would be the ultimate Robocop. I'm still not sure that Robo 3's helmet is supposed to be removable though, and I wouldn't ever pose Robo on the shelf without the helmet.

dekadentdave said:

That's why I said it was wrong of the seller to mislead the buyer. I'm sure there are other collectors like myself who want the flight pack but not the Robo 3, and we're the ones who would've bid on the item. But the seller should've been honest so someone who wants Robo 3 doesn't get screwed.

It's wrong to switch out any item with another figure. I see people switching out Hasbro Star Wars figures with crappier ones and returning them all the time. That's just wrong wrong wrong.

dekadentdave said:
It's wrong to switch out any item with another figure. I see people switching out Hasbro Star Wars figures with crappier ones and returning them all the time. That's just wrong wrong wrong.
Yeah I was the victim of one of those scams. I bought a Target Exclusive Duel in the Senate set with two red deco super articulated Clone troopers. I get home, open it up to find that they're actually the first release ones with the action feature instead of the super articulated versions. I put them back in the box and returned it to the store, and eventually found the real set.

I broke down horribly and preordered this - I wanted to get the 1st one and passed... I just felt they would release it again with more accessories & removal helmet. I was still sitting on the fence, given all the Hot Toys I getting soon Aceint Predator, 2xEndo, Alien & whatever Sideshows I've got coming... Geez. Why can't we collectors exercise some self-control???:google

Hey Lone Wolf,
Does the Robo 3 have slots in the back for the backpack to attach? It looks like the details on the mid upper back are black or something on this version, which led me to think they are holes for the pack. True or no?

ragacin said:
Hey Lone Wolf,
Does the Robo 3 have slots in the back for the backpack to attach? It looks like the details on the mid upper back are black or something on this version, which led me to think they are holes for the pack. True or no?
no, the flightpack doesn't attach to the back... it merely sits on it. there's a peg at the back of the right shoulder, you can see it in one of the pics. that helps the flightpack sit securely, but the things that really hold it in place are the arm pads...

don't worry, the flightpack doesn't fall off... unless you play 'flying' with it and turn it upside down :D

I had this figure in my possession for about a week. That was two weeks ago. A buddy brought it over for me to put together for him. It wasn't until he left with it, that I realized I wish I had taken pics and said something about it.
I liked it. Beautiful details.
I admit I prefer the paint of the original movie, less blues, but, this one looks so good, that I ordered one. He's that nice.
Terrific detail. Wish I had invested in an ED.

Just my two cents.

Oh, be careful pushing those legs in place. Tough duty!
And my buddy didn't want his leg holster to work, so I never messed with it. Never did get it to open. What's the secret? I will want mine to work.

I like mine better, which is the Robo 1. The removable helmet is nice and so is the flight pack but the paint apps on the old one are just much nicer in my opinion. I wonder why HT decided to mess with perfection?

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
I like mine better, which is the Robo 1. The removable helmet is nice and so is the flight pack but the paint apps on the old one are just much nicer in my opinion. I wonder why HT decided to mess with perfection?

Cheers,

Brad

Because nobody would have bought the Robo 3 if they didn't.

Back