Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robocop....making a comeback?

I would have been satisfied with this:

robocop-2013-suit_thumb.jpg

Ideally, though, I would have liked it if they had used that EM-208 design for him.

EM-208-875x506.jpg

GREAT concept art- would have been much better than that awful crap suit they used!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this silly ****ing remake being allowed to EXIST!!! :gah: :monkey4 :thwak :mad: :slap :monkey1 :pfft:

:lecture

Why even bother, there will never be another performance to beat PW from the first.

Hell, not even PW himself could top his own performance from the first.

Number one was lightning in a bottle.

Its certainly creeping its way up on my list of desert island movies to own for when I do get stranded with Wilson.

Like Raiders, the movie is perfect.

Not near perfect, it's perfect.

Why even bother, there will never be another performance to beat PW from the first.

Hell, not even PW himself could top his own performance from the first.

Number one was lightning in a bottle.

Its certainly creeping its way up on my list of desert island movies to own for when I do get stranded with Wilson.

Like Raiders, the movie is perfect.

Not near perfect, it's perfect.

I agree, but R2 deserves your respect as well! Literally the only thing I'd change about R1 is the crappy **** Jones puppet that falls out of the window. But that's a three second scene out of an hour and 45 minute movie.

I agree, but R2 deserves your respect as well! Literally the only thing I'd change about R1 is the crappy **** Jones puppet that falls out of the window. But that's a three second scene out of an hour and 45 minute movie.

:goodpost:

I still cringe seeing his leg looking arms flailing.

Would you be against a CGI makeover for RC1 for the ED scenes and window fall, leave everything else alone.

RC2 best scene was bullet bounce off wall, and even that pales to anything in one.

I wish PW had nothing to do with it.

RC2 gets no respect from me. :lol

Would you be against a CGI makeover for RC1 for the ED scenes and window fall, leave everything else alone.

Nah, what's done is done. The Jones puppet sucks but now if they changed it it'd be distracting because it actually looked good. :lol So since it's going to be distracting either way it might as well be true to to original print. I love Tippett's ED-209 animations, even today. Just as good and iconic as the tauntauns IMO. I wouldn't want them to change a thing.

RC2 best scene was bullet bounce off wall, and even that pales to anything in one.

There's so much in RC2 that is unappreciated due to the crappy late night Monstervision vibe (which I personally love) of the majority of the movie.

Like his entrance for instance. The car speeds around the corner, gets hit with a bazooka blast, the back end rises perfectly and it shifts onto it's front corner while still zooming diagonally to the sidewalk opposite the gun store, rolls, and ends up perfectly positioned with the driver side door facing the bad guys so they can shoot it again and have that same door open dramatically as Robo steps out. So freaking badass and the car taking the first blast all the way until it stops in front of the store is done as an in-camera stunt in one take. How many cars did they wipe out to get that perfect shot? 10? Or did the stunt man do it perfectly the first time? Either way they didn't cheat it. Like I said, FREAKING badass.

Also, please tell me you have more reasons why RC2 is good. :lol

I already did. :thwak

Robocop 2 has it's issues but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

The new electric blue Robo suit is awesome and mesmerizing in every scene. Some great action gags like him stepping out of the fiery police car after it flipped over due to multiple bazooka blasts, the bank shot, the FIRST movie to feature the "sniper gets shot in the eye through his own scope" (which was copied in not only Sniper but Saving Private Ryan!)

There are some poignant moments (all carried solely by Weller.) "Touch this." "Its cold." "They made this to honor him." And even when that stupid kid died he got to say, "Dying sucks, but you already know that, huh?" "Yes. I do...." I don't know that there was one single exchange in the entire 6+ hour SW prequel TRILOGY that matched any of those scenes.

There's some great comedy (again with the ads but also the news broadcasts.) "The nuclear reactor in the Amazon blows up and irradiates the world's largest natural rainforest. Environmentalists are calling it a disaster." "But don't they always?" :lol Plus the new prototypes have me in stitches every time I watch them unveiled.

And of course Robocain (or Robocop 2 as he's technically called) and the sheer unadulterated mayhem of the final act. Kind of the cyber version of King Kong run amuck.

The end battle was the only decent part of Robo 2. The film was PISH. Robo3 is where it's at :p

Yes but I recognize that T2 is a better made all around film. I just have a personal preference for RoboCop 2. It isn't pretentious, preachy, sanitized, or boring for long stretches and it's shortcomings are easier to just laugh off and still enjoy the ride IMO. It also has the sense to get rid of the annoying kid prior to the final act. :)

Interestingly enough RoboCop 2 pretty much closes out one era of filmmaking (stop-motion) while T2 heralds the beginning of another (CG,) at least within their shared genre.

Last edited:
I expect a great looking trailer. Many sucky films have had great trailers, and they will put a lot of work into polishing this turd... and then when the movie comes out it will suck.

Don't be fooled.

Back