Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie was better than I thought it would be. I agree that the casting was pretty awesome. Didn't like the updated suit, but the story was there I thought. Was it as good as the original? Not to me, but it was way better than Robocop 2 and 3

I agree completely, I thought Gary Oldman was especially good as Dr. Norton.

Saw this last weekend and to be honest, whilst I didn't find it particularly bad I did find it mostly boring. With the exception of the 1st deconstruction scene of Murphy, I thought that was quite a cool idea.

Watched the new Robocop tonight with the wife, not impressed at all really, while it was interesting I found the actor to be kinda flat, I found no emotional connection to him and found it hard to root for him at times. Action scenes were nice but with the jerky camera job it was hard to get a great perspective of what was really happening.

Story was draggy and focused a lot on the politics of using drones and putting a man in a machine, there was not enough build up of anger againist the main villains in the film to get much satisfaction from there demise. Overall it was a mildly entertaining action flick, best actor goes to Samuel Jackson for his protrayal of Bill O'Reilly, he was the only one that had believable passion in the movie.

Original version while dated still wins out as a better movie, violents in the new movie is very tame, to tame and I didn't find myself laughing at any of the jokes with the exception of jacksons anger at the doctor at the end of the movie, the stupid I'd would'nt buy that for a dollar joke in the new movie was lame to.

CGI was great, the parts that held the most substance were when Murphy Realizes there nothing much left of him, aside from that the rest of it wasn't very engaging, overall I'd give it a 2 1/2 out of 4 stars.

Watched the new Robocop tonight with the wife, not impressed at all really, while it was interesting I found the actor to be kinda flat, I found no emotional connection to him and found it hard to root for him at times. Action scenes were nice but with the jerky camera job it was hard to get a great perspective of what was really happening.

Story was draggy and focused a lot on the politics of using drones and putting a man in a machine, there was not enough build up of anger againist the main villains in the film to get much satisfaction from there demise. Overall it was a mildly entertaining action flick, best actor goes to Samuel Jackson for his protrayal of Bill O'Reilly, he was the only one that had believable passion in the movie.

Original version while dated still wins out as a better movie, violents in the new movie is very tame, to tame and I didn't find myself laughing at any of the jokes with the exception of jacksons anger at the doctor at the end of the movie, the stupid I'd would'nt buy that for a dollar joke in the new movie was lame to.

CGI was great, the parts that held the most substance were when Murphy Realizes there nothing much left of him, aside from that the rest of it wasn't very engaging, overall I'd give it a 2 1/2 out of 4 stars.

I enjoyed the film but on this I agree. I did mark it down for being anticlimactic in that regard. While I did empathize with Alex, I wasn't really rooting *against* the main bad guy. Therefore his victory wasn't quite as satisfying as it could have been. The escalation at the end that lead to the villain's demise did feel pretty forced.

I enjoyed the film but on this I agree. I did mark it down for being anticlimactic in that regard. While I did empathize with Alex, I wasn't really rooting *against* the main bad guy. Therefore his victory wasn't quite as satisfying as it could have been. The escalation at the end that lead to the villain's demise did feel pretty forced.

Exactly, further more I thing they casted the new Murphy bad, I didn't find him to be a great actor, I didn't believe much in his movations in the movie, his realization of what he was left with came across as powerful, but rest kinda felt like he was just going though the motions.

Just saw this. Meh. It wasn't terrible. My scattered thoughts:

- Gary Oldman was the only genuinely likeable character in the film.
- New Murphy was decent enough. No Peter Weller, but that goes without saying.
- The new suit looked okay in action.
- Sam Jackson's performance was misplaced, and his scenes greatly annoyed me. They dulled the pace of an already slow film.
- The action scenes made me sleepy. Too quick. Too shaky. Whatever. I didn't care about what was happening.
- The score sucked. The spliced in use of the original theme felt forced.
- The visual FX were very, very good. The "nothing left" reveal was excellent.
- I enjoyed the aspect of Murphy striving to keep his relationship with his wife and son. There were one or two solid moments due to this element.

That's about all I got. It wasn't awful. It wasn't great. Middle of the road. Better than Robocop 3, for whatever that's worth.

Jesus! Did they really spend 3 hours whining about a movie they hated?! I couldn't get past the first couple minutes either. Not only are they excruciatingly annoying to listen to, but having to endure Noah and his darting eyes doing everything he could to avoid looking into the camera was distracting as hell.
What horrible people. The internet is diminished a little by their presence inside of it. :D

Jesus! Did they really spend 3 hours whining about a movie they hated?! I couldn't get past the first couple minutes either. Not only are they excruciatingly annoying to listen to, but having to endure Noah and his darting eyes doing everything he could to avoid looking into the camera was distracting as hell.
What horrible people. The internet is diminished a little by their presence inside of it. :D

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

:lol you're not supposed to watch vlogs tho, only listen to them while doing something else.
I get why you'd be annoyed by raging nerd but it was much more entertaining than RobroCop.
And his critique is spot on for the most part.

Back