rismo repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so you just painted the raw sculpt. Did you use an airbrush or paintbrush? Thanks!
I just rinse off the heads with water and dry with paper towels then use an air duster to blow off any specs of anything. Then I start laying on very thin layers of a skin tone wash (a mix of Liquitex soft body acrylic paints).

Wow, so you just painted the raw sculpt. Did you use an airbrush or paintbrush? Thanks!

No airbrush, just paintbrushes. I use a #2 flat to do all of the base coats. If the wash is thinned out enough with water (bottled, not tap), and you use quick, lightfast strokes, your final result should have zero brush strokes. Liquitex is really good that way. It takes multiple coats to get a solid finish. Oh, I also try to do each subsequent wash in strokes that are perpendicular to the last. Hope that helps!

Here is some recent stuff on my workspace:

_MG_3267.jpg

Lots of Lockes and Indys!

And Another John Connor...going for a more natural look than the last couple:

_MG_3332.jpg

_MG_3331.jpg

_MG_3333.jpg

And a Loading Toys Jason Bourne:

BEFORE
_MG_2372.jpg

AFTER
_MG_3270.jpg

_MG_3271.jpg

Here is Bourne all dressed up:

_MG_3311.jpg

_MG_3312.jpg

_MG_3317.jpg

_MG_3318.jpg

_MG_3319.jpg

_MG_3320.jpg

"I swear to God, if I even feel somebody behind me, there is no measure to how fast and how hard I will bring this fight to your doorstep." :lol

Wow! I thought the Loading Toys Bourne head was good as is, but the lips are a bit too red and the eyes too bright. Your repaint is fantastic and everything just looks spot-on as Bourne.

That's a great bash too. It's almost exactly the same as the parts I'm using. Did you use Raymond Ferraro's list of items on your bash? (It's what I used as a template)

thanks, everyone!! :)

Wow! I thought the Loading Toys Bourne head was good as is, but the lips are a bit too red and the eyes too bright. Your repaint is fantastic and everything just looks spot-on as Bourne.

That's a great bash too. It's almost exactly the same as the parts I'm using. Did you use Raymond Ferraro's list of items on your bash? (It's what I used as a template)

Yup! I was totally inspired by Raymond's wicked Bourne bash. Here's the recipe for this guy:

- Loading Toys Head (repainted)
- HT TrueType body (soon to be swapped for narrow shoulder version)
- Loading Toys courier sweater
- Dr. Figures overcoat (soon to be altered)
- Dr. Figures pants
- Hot Toys ERT shoes
- Enterbay Jack Bauer messenger bag/satchel
- Loading Toys Glock (came with head kit)
- BBI wrist watch

I just got my Robocop head back from JJ! Check it out:

BEFORE:
IMG_4977-1.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_6099.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

I can't say enough great things about JJ. What a stand up guy. I was initially not happy with the repaint (there was some sort of paint reaction that occurred during shipment) - so he repainted the entire head free of charge, and most importantly, was HAPPY to do it. Thanks again!

WOW, I love that bourne. Didn't think it could look any more like him but it certainly does.

I'd love to have mine painted like that. Absolutely awesome.

I like the Bourne repaint you did, but it doesn't really look like Matt Damon. And I think the Connor head needs work

Back