Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

WOW! Those prices. This now tells me why Sideshow does not make anymore LoTR. Weta is sure to follow. We LoTR fans may be loyal, but we do not buy. The ex of deadpool sold out at 1250. Plus the reg sold out. And he is a secondary if not further down character. The ring wraith is supposed to be one of the most favored in our Tolkien world. And this awesome piece of the RWoS has not sold out? Yes, I know it was more, but look how much more there is to the statue.

Not trying to burst our bubble, and yes I favor LoTR over Marvel, but I would not produce statues that just sat either. Until we buy like the Marvel, DC and even Horror fans, we will get no new pieces. Sorry to be a downer, but that is just economics. Sideshow at the end of the day is out to make a profit, not make LoTR fans happy.

End of rant. Ready for the beating sure to follow.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that LOTR doesn't sell as well as Marvel. It did when it was the hot thing. The Ex did sell out didn't it? Now, the regular hasn't but it doesn't have an edition size so they may be just trying to make as many as they can. As far as Weta I don't see them stopping anytime soon. Middle-earth is their bread and butter. So they'll keep making them as long as they sell well enough and limit the ES to the amount that allows them to make the most money.

Having both, I would choose DROM, better piece. People don't even mention something about BD when they see it in my collection.

Interesting, in a way this encapsulates how I feel about SS vs Weta. SS is all about the WOW factor, size, shock, etc. Weta is more museum look, doesn't catch the eye as easily but there is more subtlety to it.

Wow thanks Josh. I really figured you would say DROM, this may actually, in a weird way, push me into picking up BD still. I check ebay diligently for a deal on this and 526 is better than any price I have seen for a closed sale.

That's a great price

That's an insanely good price...and I thought I got a decent deal for mine at the WB shop!

I've had mine for a couple days now....holy futzing! I never thought a statue could need this much futzing. The end product is excellent though...it has incredible presence, especially in low light.

Man I love LOTR...and Sideshow sometimes hehe

Hi guys! My steed has started to lean a bit to the weight of the ringwraith. The peg on its right hoof has started to show and no matter how much i try to straighten him up, it just goes back to leaning. Have any of you guys checked yours? Anybody here got the same problem? I'ts beginning to make me worry that one day they might just topple down.

Hi guys! My steed has started to lean a bit to the weight of the ringwraith. The peg on its right hoof has started to show and no matter how much i try to straighten him up, it just goes back to leaning. Have any of you guys checked yours? Anybody here got the same problem? I'ts beginning to make me worry that one day they might just topple down.

I have the leaning problem with mine as well. But mine is leaning to the left so much so that the hoof (the one without the peg) which used to sit nicely on the base is now lifted. :monkey2

I believe this concern was discussed when the piece previewed, although that may have been about the tail cracking eventually due to the weight. In either case, that isn't good.

I believe this concern was discussed when the piece previewed, although that may have been about the tail cracking eventually due to the weight. In either case, that isn't good.

No, it is not, and with more than one already having problems that has me concerned too.

Really?! That scares me me! What do guys think sideshow will do if there's stuff starts falling apart after a few years????

I decided to check on mine after only really having it a week and nearly crapped myself as it also seemed to have the lean going on. However, after careful inspection and re-assembly I noticed that I never really bothered getting the right hoof peg in securely along with the left hoof peg.

After a few tries I was able to get both in securely (plus the horse tail thing, which no longer floats between the base and horse ***) and it feels remarkably sturdy to me now. I can't really see how the lean could develop now with both hooves in securely, let alone having one pop out over time...how long have you guys had your DROM statues?

I have the leaning problem with mine as well. But mine is leaning to the left so much so that the hoof (the one without the peg) which used to sit nicely on the base is now lifted. :monkey2

both hooves have pegs. Yours only has one? I believe these kind of issues are the reasoning why it took so long for this to go up for PO. I don't think I'm too concerned.

Back