Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

pretty curious with what's under the hood
anybody please care to take picture about it?

I pretty sure if you go back in the thread there are some photos of under the hood... it's a neck shaft.. a heal shaped section on top that forms the back of the head.. and then wire inside the front of the hood which shapes it and gives it definition... I think Fremen post pics of that.. :)

IF you like premium format ;)

Myself i prefer realistic-looking statues, like the one posted above :lecture

And why do you think PF's aren't realistic looking?

I would have a PF over a statue ANY day,the addition of a well-tailored and film-accurate costume really breathes life into these pieces(in fact the costume work is an art form in and of itself),the scale is visually captivating and(most of)the sculpt work by SS is incredible :lecture

I was wondering the same thing but i'm pretty sure he was talking about the pose. But i have both of them, RWOS and DROM, and i can tell you that you can't compare them. Not the same scale, not the same materials, not the same time, ...

(But i think i prefer the dark rider :p)

IF you like premium format ;)

Myself i prefer realistic-looking statues, like the one posted above :lecture

I'm usually like you but this is one PF where it just works perfect. I'm severely struggling to not buy it.

I'm usually like you but this is one PF where it just works perfect. I'm severely struggling to not buy it.

You really should buy him! I was not going to buy him either, but I gave in and ordered him.

I'm struggling here as well. I love what I see I really do (minus potential teeth issues) but I just have no darn place to put it!:gah:

What's more, knowing me, getting the Dark Rider will lead me to a road where I will NEED to have Sauron PF as well and then later the rumoured Cave Troll PF too. You know the completist bug and all that. This is all too much for my own good and I have to stop while I can. :panic:

But man those pictures....

can someone put a photo beside weta?

sure:bunnydanc

ros1f.jpg

ros2.jpg

Weta more realistic than the PF? Ooooook then

I can relate. This is really tempting. I passed on every LoTR release so far. Always regretted not jumping on board the Orc train with Lurtz back when. This is the toughest yet to resist. Sauron is calling pretty hard too, but I need to see in hand pics of that paint job first.

The Dark Rider came a day early :yess: After 30 minutes, I have concluded that this is a ***** to put together!

The Dark Rider came a day early :yess: After 30 minutes, I have concluded that this is a ***** to put together!

What pieces are difficult? Is it just the sword/dagger pieces or is there other things that make it hard?

when you understand how it works to set up sword and daggers, that's not difficult and it'll take like 10mn, but you'll have to spend a lot more time to find the best way to put the cloak.

Personnaly, i have ironed it a little bit and it took me like an hour to display it.

What pieces are difficult? Is it just the sword/dagger pieces or is there other things that make it hard?

The sword and dagger was the most difficult. I honestly don't think I put it on correctly. I just made it look somewhat correct and moved on. The cloak is definitely a little tricky. Not impossible, just more work than I expected for s statue.

The sword and dagger was the most difficult. I honestly don't think I put it on correctly. I just made it look somewhat correct and moved on. The cloak is definitely a little tricky. Not impossible, just more work than I expected for s statue.

Hmm, good to know. So, with the cloak, is there a snap type button that goes around the neck plus the little pocket inside the hood for the "head" to go in?

Or is there more to it?

For me, the hardest part is going to be moving him from where he's living right now on the coffee table to his eventual spot in my display room. It's only a short trip down the hall, but I have all kinds of nightmare scenarios running through my head involving lots of shattered polystone. I think that's going to be a two-person job! Minimum! :lol

For me, the hardest part is going to be moving him from where he's living right now on the coffee table to his eventual spot in my display room. It's only a short trip down the hall, but I have all kinds of nightmare scenarios running through my head involving lots of shattered polystone. I think that's going to be a two-person job! Minimum! :lol

I had to move mine from the main floor where I assembled it to the second floor on top of a detolf. I don't recommend this. :lol

Also forgot to mention I got number 43

Also forgot to mention I got number 43

Congrats Custo! I have one more flex payment at the end of the month and then my EX will be shipping to Toronto. Out of curiosity, did you get dinged with customs/import charges? I haven't purchased a PF/statue this large before and I'm worried it's going to run me an extra $100+ to get into the country. :monkey3

Back