Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

i have a strong feeling this is being delayed so long because they are changing this to a $2k LSF

just curious on what people are thinking so far - I am lacking a LOTR "centerpiece," and am torn on going after the Weta Ringwraith on Steed which I have always thought was superbly done or waiting and seeing what SS does with this PF.

What's your take?

just curious on what people are thinking so far - I am lacking a LOTR "centerpiece," and am torn on going after the Weta Ringwraith on Steed which I have always thought was superbly done or waiting and seeing what SS does with this PF.

What's your take?
both :yess: if it ant $$$$$$$$

I really really hope your wrong on that.That would put it way out of my range.

me too, but SS has shown their true colors man. They're charging $2k for a 1/4 31in Predator piece, and we know for sure this will be very close to that size range. I think it's a safe bet, anything over 30in tall will be $2k in the LSF line.

What's your take?

you willing to pay $2k for this?

azurepred said:
you willing to pay $2k for this?

I'm holding out hope it's just an expensive PF, but no, I will not drop 2K on it. Why do you gotta ruin my hopes? :gah:

I'm holding out hope it's just an expensive PF, but no, I will not drop 2K on it. Why do you gotta ruin my hopes? :gah:

gotta get you prepared for the disspaointment, like I felt with the Wolf Predator today :thud:

well I'm not sure abt this piece but I'm now 100% sure Sauron is going to be 2Gs :(

oh yea, 100% definitely, hard to believe how many they have already released in such a short time and actually think they will pull in good sales for these :cuckoo:. CM only releases one per year, SS will do like 4.

I am lacking a LOTR "centerpiece," and am torn on going after the Weta Ringwraith on Steed which I have always thought was superbly done or waiting and seeing what SS does with this PF.

What's your take?

good god, heck no. Weta rwos is far from a centerpiece, it doesnt have the imposing sculpt - no sword out no horse charging, just the guy walking his horse. Nor does it have the color, the size, or the grail status to make it a centerpiece...far from it. Not to mention all the fakes, and the fact it's a 5000 ES <PF scale statue. It's a nice piece dont get me wrong, but probably one of the most overrated. Value has been dropping pretty rapidly and once pf comes out, it's going to gap down

For centerpiece, balrog is the top choice, lurtz pf + berserker pf ex 2nd. I also like the gollum PF (smeagol pose) everything is perfect about it, only thing lacking is the grail status. The CM aragorn is alright too if you into all that mixed media.

But lotr collecting is never about a center piece anyway, it's called a fellowship for a reason :) The most impressive display will be a full set of cohesive statues displayed in an organized fashion - be PF, the new 1:5 series or all bad guys etc...

Then hunt begins for the Weta Ringwraith!

What's the rush slynger? :wave

Why not wait till you at least see the SS RWOS and make up your mind then...if gagaliya is correct and the price of the Weta RWOS falls, you can't lose. :wink1:

Mind you, I do have more regard for the Weta RWOS than gagaliya (sorry gagaliya) :1-1:. To me an orginal has indeed grail status, but it does lack the mass/size to be a centerpiece IMHO. But while it does have a strong presence, it's not one that shouts out: "look at me". As a stand alone piece, it's fantastic :clap, but it can get lost in a crowed. :wink1:

Just keep your powder dry and be patient. :impatient:

:duff
Bill

The SSW rwos is an amazing statue for sure and something you can build a collection around. As far as the pf goes I have no doubts it will be as well but I do expect it will be something if I want I will need to flex it.

Still sticking with the much maligned GTW PF squaring up to an 'all action' RWoS PF as my desired 'centrepiece' .

Can't wait to see the finished product :lecture

to answer gagaliya - I think it would be a great centerpiece. It may not be for everyone, but the mood they captured with that piece; just the lonely wraith brooding on his steed as he feels for the ring has always appealed to me.

bill59, I'm gonna start searching so I have that part over with, but I will wait and see what the true story is regarding the SS RWoS.

My idea of LOTR centerpiece is vastly different (and I should have clarified that) as my LOTR collection consists of only the SS maquettes. So a centerpiece for me doesn't have to be big or $10K, just something that is very well done and sets itself apart from the others.

I have the old Balrog and the RWOS and, if I have to choose one, it's much much better the RWOS. For me, it's a very good statue (and I had no problems with the horses statues (not on RWOS, Gomoth on warg or Gandalf), all were in perfect conditions).

My idea of LOTR centerpiece is vastly different (and I should have clarified that) as my LOTR collection consists of only the SS maquettes. So a centerpiece for me doesn't have to be big or $10K, just something that is very well done and sets itself apart from the others.

then sam & bill is a good choice.

In that case slynger, the SSW RWOS could work very well for you.

I could take some pics of that setup for you it you like.

It would take me a few days to set it up, but I would be happy to do it for you, if it would be of any help.

:duff
Bill

So do you guys think this could answer the question?..... Will this indeed be an expensive PF or a LSF? Found this in the Q&A thread.

Q.Monday, June 14th, 2010
We need more Hobbit Premium Format figures and I think the next one should be Samwise with Bill. What are the chances, Sideshow?

Samwise with Bill might be a contender, but if we’re getting into 1:4 scale steeds, it’s likely going to be a horse of a different color…

What do you think guys and gals?

Back