Rick Grimes 1/6 - show your customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my Rick. There are a few small parts I need to get for him still, but pretty happy with him overall.

12822760_10207716190598054_564906993_o.jpg

Can anybody direct me to a decent Python? I really dont like the Redman one as it is looking like a piece of plastic.
I have heard that there is a diecast one by CGL. Anybody know which one I mean and can help me?

I almost bought that revolver from OneSixthKit, but then I found the one below on blackopstoys. It might even be from the same manufacturer. The blackops price killed me at $26 (Included a shoulder holster I didn't really need. Now sold out). I figured, since I'm buying all the other parts from them, I might as well get the revolver, too. It has a nice look. The barrel is removable and at least it doesn't appear as one solid piece like the Redman.

m9IDNeE.jpg

I threw this Rick together really fast after the previous week's show. Ordering parts while the Talking Dead is on in the background. It's not perfect, but it kind of satisfied the need for a 1/6 Rick until I can make some improvements. I'm still hunting for a holster and maybe a better police belt.

wLhayoF.jpg

I used the police belt from John Blake. The holster isn't correct but the belt is good quality, imitation leather or whatever HT uses. I'm still searching for an accurate holster.

I'm debating weather or not to order the hat for Rick.

Look up the one on OneSixthKit. It's what I have, plastic but very detailed. Much better than the Redman one.

I almost bought that revolver from OneSixthKit, but then I found the one below on blackopstoys. It might even be from the same manufacturer. The blackops price killed me at $26 (Included a shoulder holster I didn't really need. Now sold out). I figured, since I'm buying all the other parts from them, I might as well get the revolver, too. It has a nice look. The barrel is removable and at least it doesn't appear as one solid piece like the Redman.

m9IDNeE.jpg

I threw this Rick together really fast after the previous week's show. Ordering parts while the Talking Dead is on in the background. It's not perfect, but it kind of satisfied the need for a 1/6 Rick until I can make some improvements. I'm still hunting for a holster and maybe a better police belt.

wLhayoF.jpg

Thanks guys! Always a pleasure asking noob questions on this board! :duff

How does the DAM body compare to your your typical TT18 "narrow shoulder" knock offs from eBay? They look much slimmer, which is what I'm looking for for a custom, as the current body I'm using is a bit too big (KO TT).

m9IDNeE.jpg

For $14, you should get the accurate revolver from OneSixthKit. It has the accurate grips, and the 6" barrel with the 3 vents on top. Yours is just way too long.

Going for this Season 3 look when it's all finished.

rick-g-season-2-shot.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 4.19.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 4.19.07 PM.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
ANybody use the World Box VT002 for Rick? I'm using a converted -to-neckless sculpt and slightly open shirt (see post above) so I need a seamless neck. Currently on an Indy body - shoulders are too wide. Need something between this and the DAM Toys body (which is too narrow to me.

Yes, probably perfect...also currently $100 (or more) on ebay! :( I have another one on order that I may piece out and keep the body, but not until June.

Eh...might have to bit the bullet and get one, although the Luke may be a better height - The RedMan pants are so short. I have the ZC Statham coming soon, i'll see how that works first.

What about the Han body? It seems to be a popular choice.

Back