Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
29bbe186983db8e2b1dcad4203b1b028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh ok great I found it , was trying to find a good head sculpt for a Richard Aiken custom, I saw the one Brand made I like it but was wondering if theres a better one out now?

Hello everyone, I come seeking help regarding a problem I am facing presently.

I made a purchase on ebay, with a seller who claimed to be selling a used but in perfect condition Hot Toys Chris Redfield. Fast forward to receiving the item, I realised once I had it in hand something was off.

1. The headsculpt was clearly off colour - tone wise.
2. The painting generally was passable but is very sloppy for a Hot Toys standard, the hairline was all over the place in parts.
3. The headsculpt was not of the slightly softer plastic that Hot Toys use, but a hard and somewhat brittle resin. Coupled with terrible packaging the item had chipped paint and hair (point parts) - This chris headsculpt's hair really feels kinda sharp...
4. The neck socket was clearly wrong. It wasn't a separate piece that is compatible with a neck ball joint but one that was casted together with the headsculpt which was the giving tell (in my opinion) that it was a knock off headsculpt that the seller was passing off as original.
5. Upon realising something was up, I removed the headsculpt and realised the figure's neck ball joint was wrapped in seriously melted tape and glue to hold it together because the socket join in the head was not even compatible to begin with.

So I'm calling out all folks here, I defer to your expert opinions, is this a fake? I really suspect I got cheated big time. I messaged the seller but he's all indignant and defensive but I genuinely feel something's totally wrong...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.55.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.55.42 PM.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 190
  • suspectedfake1.jpeg
    suspectedfake1.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 191
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.55.41 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.55.41 PM.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 188
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.55.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 5.55.40 PM.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 191
  • fake2.jpeg
    fake2.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 188
long story short. I paid an exhorbitant price for a "used chris" Got a knock off sculpt on an authentic body passed off as "the real deal". Expert Opinions needed! Thanks guys!

Also if anyone has actual in hand Chris Redfield hot toys pics with his inner socket, it would be an absolute life saver, if I were to take this up to paypal as proof that I was sent a fake... thanks again..

Also if anyone has actual in hand Chris Redfield hot toys pics with his inner socket, it would be an absolute life saver, if I were to take this up to paypal as proof that I was sent a fake... thanks again..

I can do that when I get home in a couple of hours but that definitely looks like the Momtoys Version unfortunately. I could be wrong though. If it is then u can open a case with eBay because it’s not as advertised and it was sold with a knockoff part trying to be passed as authentic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

long story short. I paid an exhorbitant price for a "used chris" Got a knock off sculpt on an authentic body passed off as "the real deal". Expert Opinions needed! Thanks guys!

how sure are you the body is authentic? did you get the full sets of weapons? i've seen fake BSAA but that was before bootleg became mainstream though just sayin'.

older HT uses the round ball neck joint, newer figures (not sure about HT) uses the cup like joint for easy swap. the joint you showed is not cast with the head but just a cup joint glued into the head. HT head is also solid hair pretty fragile and the hair has some dark brown.

if you need a refund it's advisable to use express mail (i think ebay only covers that) coz the item needs to be received by seller before refund is issued (and all it takes is a proof of delivery). make sure you take alot of pictures including packaging to make sure you've done your part.

or you can negotiate with the seller and give partial refund. the head isn't actually the most expensive part but the body & accessories & Box because most people don't really mind Momtoys head. if you got the full set, i say it's probably worth $300 without the head.

Back