Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Maybe you used it wrong when you did it. Leatherpaint needs a ton of layers to build up its thickness.

I needed to do like 8-10 layers and waited 30-1h inbetween layers to get it to the thickness I wanted.

The end result will totally look like legit hot toys type pleather.
I havent tried leather paints. So 1 coat of base then 8-10 coats of paint? How do you make sure paint doesnt stick around areas that touches like under arm crotch etc?

Also how long has it been and how is it holding up?

Initially was thinking plastidip simce it gives a vinyl finish but not sure how well it sticks

I havent tried leather paints. So 1 coat of base then 8-10 coats of paint? How do you make sure paint doesnt stick around areas that touches like under arm crotch etc?

Also how long has it been and how is it holding up?

Initially was thinking plastidip simce it gives a vinyl finish but not sure how well it sticks

Yes thats right

Didnt have any issue with sticking. Just be careful and apply thin layers. I’d put the jacket on a body wrapped in saran wrap so the paint can take the right shape when youre painting it.

I sold the figure a few months ago but it still looked perfect and it’s flexible so dont worry about posing with it. I expect it to hold up as long as hot toys pleather does so 5 years at the very least and 15-20 years at most. The deterioration process can of course be slowed down by controlling temp and humidity and not putting too much strain on it.

I painted that suit 2 yrs ago btw.

Last edited:
Yes thats right

Didnt have any issue with sticking. Just be careful and apply thin layers. I’d put the jacket on a body wrapped in saran wrap so the paint can take the right shape when youre painting it.

I sold the figure a few months ago but it still looked perfect and it’s flexible so dont worry about posing with it. I expect it to hold up as long as hot toys pleather does so 5 years at the very least and 15-20 years at most. The deterioration process can of course be slowed down by controlling temp and humidity and not putting too much strain on it.

I painted that suit 2 yrs ago btw.
So you removed the suit from the dummy body and put it back on the figure so it seems durability is good.

But what about areas that folds like crotch. I assume for black widow the paint is straight forward what about baggy clothings that folds alot how to get the paint not to stick to each other.

So you removed the suit from the dummy body and put it back on the figure so it seems durability is good.

But what about areas that folds like crotch. I assume for black widow the paint is straight forward what about baggy clothings that folds alot how to get the paint not to stick to each other.
Yea so black widow was a tight suit. Which made it easy to paint on. I’ve only done this once.

Idk how you’d do it with baggy clothing. You’d just have to stretch out the fabric best you can so the parts dont touch otherwise they will stick together.

I think you can also paint in sections. That might help as well.

Do you think they’d fit s23b too?
I don't have an S23, but I did put that kit onto an S47, which I believe is taller than the S23.
The S23 and S17 look to be very similar in size. Main difference from what I can tell is the S23 has slightly more muscular legs.
Found some comparison photos:
Pic 1
Pic 2

If they fit on an S47, then I think you should be good with the S23 as well.

jill.jpg

Could anyone link me to a relevant green harness / LC2 suspenders and belt appropriate for a classic RE3 Jill? I can’t seem to find any

IMG_8669.jpeg

Hello! So I’ve had this Jill head sitting around in my drawer for probably close to 10 years now, I could never match it with anything. I recently put this figure together, it was inspired by her battle suit and one of the ladies from operation raccoon city. I also stuck a recently acquired Claire head on this body I put together. Hopefully I’m allowed to post these here since they are not actual outfits based on their representation in Resident Evil.
IMG_2726.jpeg
IMG_2732.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2724.jpeg
    IMG_2724.jpeg
  • IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2733.jpeg
    IMG_2733.jpeg
So just came back from my vacation and picked up my BBTS order. I know I'm lazy but haven't opened them yet. With one look facial paint looks very much improved especially eyes, they don't look dead any more. These are from the last batch, showed up out of nowhere on BBTS and I didn't miss the chance. Gonna open tomorrow.
Screenshot_20230829_224624_Instagram.jpg

I hope the eyes have been improved. It’s my main issue with the Damtoys sculpts.

Are Leons lips still super pink? I got one of the classic sculpts seperately and the lips were bright pink, very different from the regular version.

I hope the eyes have been improved. It’s my main issue with the Damtoys sculpts.

Are Leons lips still super pink? I got one of the classic sculpts seperately and the lips were bright pink, very different from the regular version.
Lips look fine to me. Not pure pink,has a slight orange hint, so looks more realistic. Gonna check under the daylight, arrived home late so wasn't able to open, had work to do. Checked eyes with flashlight and they look very good. Main reason why I skipped the original release were dead eyes, but happy they improved,eyes don't look like stickers anymore.

I wonder if they have any plans for future or Ada is the last RE figure they are doing. These are my first Damtoys figures and while I had a side eye before, I'm very much pleased right now. I don't regret buying. Expensive tho, but I guess tons of accessories balance the price.

I want to have my Leon repainted by 357 at some point in the far FAR future. It looks so damn good.

I don't have an S23, but I did put that kit onto an S47, which I believe is taller than the S23.
The S23 and S17 look to be very similar in size. Main difference from what I can tell is the S23 has slightly more muscular legs.
Found some comparison photos:
Pic 1
Pic 2

If they fit on an S47, then I think you should be good with the S23 as well.

View attachment 659187
This looks pretty awesome! Is this the Super Duck Jill set?

Yeah I still feel like the S17 might be the closest one.
Makes me wonder: if Damtoys does end up making Jill, are they gonna use Claire's body or make a new one? 🤔

S17 may be close but its still off by a bit, Jill would be about 10.8 inches tall and the S17 is 11.1 inches tall. I think one of those Worldbox bodies might be slightly more accurate. Might be interested in trying it out.

Dams scaling is allll out of wack, both Leon and Claire are way too tall, I'm still looking to body swap or body mod my Claire.

Back