Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By-Art's sculpt looks more like unified version of Leon and doesn't look anything like RE4 remake imo. All the Leons are very much welcomed and getting all of them. If MT improves likeness that would be great, bc that figure has a big potential, but if they won't I'll be still happy if final figure looks the same. Never complained about HH likeness bc I know they aren't capable to hit the right spot, but MT can deliver.

P.S. if you zoom MT sculpt you can clearly see likeness is there and it's a good sculpt, just needs smokey eyes lol

Definitely need Luis! They made him so likeable in the remake and super charming!

Have MT bodyless Ada and Ashley on PO and gonna add Leons whenever he's up. I trust MT love everything I have by them.
I just realized it's not noticeable on the images but MT Leon doesn't have his brown leather belt for his pants. Hopefully it's there otherwise I'll get it later or have one made.

View attachment 667949
I Like both heads but maybe slightly prefer the By-art head sculpt abit more because its more realistic. Definitely think the hair sculpt is better on the By-art.

I bought their sculpts before and every one of them is terrible. Their Promo pics lie. And honestly he already looks pretty bad to begin with. I dont see the resemblance tbh.

Here’s my scarlet witch sculpt from By-Art. Super accurate right?

Attachments

• IMG_7091.jpeg
    IMG_7091.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7092.png
    IMG_7092.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7093.png
    IMG_7093.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
I bought their sculpts before and every one of them is terrible. Their Promo pics lie. And honestly he already looks pretty bad to begin with. I dont see the resemblance tbh.

I know its different lighting conditions and stuff but Yikes that doenst look the hottest... you might've saved me money haha.

The angry face is really good, but the regular headsculpt still needs some work

View attachment 667946

Honestly I think its really bad all round, hair and face are both awful. I really can’t see how people are wanting changes to ashley/ada but seem over the moon with this?

I think the ashley and ada sculpts are a lot better (still not amazing) than this.

I think the leon headsculpt just looks like some emo basement dweller, doesn’t capture leon at all really

Explains why they're so cheap I suppose. Yikes lol

Honestly I think its really bad all round, hair and face are both awful. I really can’t see how people are wanting changes to ashley/ada but seem over the moon with this?

I think the ashley and ada sculpts are a lot better (still not amazing) than this.

I think the leon headsculpt just looks like some emo basement dweller, doesn’t capture leon at all really

I can see the likeness from front on. But they completely messed up his faceshape. They made his face round instead of heartshaped and the eyeshape isn’t quite right. Personally dont take any issue with the hair.

But yea I think were just happy were getting a Leon at all. Certain angles of the sculpt look pretty good. I’m not too worried about the sculpt because I have my extra Damtoys one that I got repainted and will probably end up using that anyway. But I do feel for you guys 😅

For me it’s comes down to knowing the brand/products.

I have purchased every swtoys related figures and there I end up swapping a lot from the body to accessories. HH can be lazy and reuse a lot of its accessories or inaccurate accessories. SuperDuck while being kits and not overly expensive and lack of parts their clothing on not constrained from different types of bodies like swtoys clothing is. I’ve been content with MT and will gladly support them. So buy what you like and what you’re familiar with. Swtoys can give you more accessories depending on the figure but haven’t been a fan on the final product.

I’m happy to finally see a Leon but yeah as someone else said, that sculpt is pretty off and odd looking.

I think the jacket is also awkwardly done. Might bite only because there might not be another company tackling him but will wait a bit and see.

Happy to finally see a Leon after 20 Ashley and Ada’s though. I hope we see the same for Leon so that we have more options.

I didn't want to be too negative because MT at least tried to capture his likeness from the Remake, unlike the other companies. The angry headsculpt is better, it looks similar to Limtoys RE2 Leon. Mabye MT will tweak the face so we can get at least one serviceable Leon.

I agree that, although not perfect, Ada looks better but not Ashley. That Ashley figure is plain ugly to me, her hair looks like someone dumped a pot of soggy spaghetti over her head.

HOLY ****! FINALLY! Just seen this and it looks freaking AWESOME! Love the tailoring, 2 sculpts and the hair looks amazing!!!

Okay holy **** this is amazing! Custom body and it looks really well in my eyes fits perfectly with Leon's huge forearms! Love the sculpts, love the tailoring, no point in going crazy now but I'm going CRAZY my childhood dream LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

iNSTA BUY 2 PIECES.

!!!!PLEASE MTTOYS ADD MORE ACCESSORIES!!!! My only complaint, I would LOVE an accessory pack and I know it will sell very WELL!

View attachment 667861View attachment 667862View attachment 667863View attachment 667864View attachment 667865View attachment 667866View attachment 667868View attachment 667869View attachment 667870
So getting that thanks for sharing

Wait looks worth it.
Hair definitely reminds me of Arthur’s, and a LIMxMT collab seems like the best of both production worlds. Absolutely killed the overall look imo even though I agree the neutral sculpt could use a small amount of tuning.
Anyone know what material is being used for the jacket? It doesn’t look too leather-y but it’s preferable to the pleather route!

Wait looks worth it.
Hair definitely reminds me of Arthur’s, and a LIMxMT collab seems like the best of both production worlds. Absolutely killed the overall look imo even though I agree the neutral sculpt could use a small amount of tuning.
Anyone know what material is being used for the jacket? It doesn’t look too leather-y but it’s preferable to the pleather route!
Jacket is suede, it will look enough like leather and at least it's not pleather which will flake later on.

I wonder if its a custom body or a TBLeague body. From the pictures it looks a lot like the TBleague bodies I have. Thick forearms, the sculpted veins on the forearm and the neck looks similar. I’m guessing it’s an M33 maybe with ankle extenders. It probably wouldnt be viable for them to make an entire custom body.

If it’s Tbleague that would make this figure of great value because those bodies are pretty expensive, around $70 loose.

Back