replacing an Item missing from product?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
replacing an Item missing from product? got one!!!!

Hi, I recently bought one of the fantastic "Order of the Jedi Luke Skywalker " figures and was (still am) quite impressed with the quality of the figure. It is my first foray into this type of collecting. I opened it up to find that the cloak was missing from the box.

I was eager to get the figure home as I had bought it from a "Forbidden planet " store in the UK .I contacted the store I got it from only to be told that I should have checked it before I got it. ( I live 2 hours away from the store so returning it quickly wasn't an option as I work weekends and the free time I do have is taken with my daughter! Guess where I won't be shopping again? )

I was eager to make sure that I got one as it was the last of its type on the shelf. The contents of the box were intact, there were no signs of foul play so I'm assuming that it wasn't there to begin with . My question is, having contacted Sideshow's customer service about this what is your policy regarding replacement items? I offered to pay for the cloak, but have so far received no response?

Last edited:
i've had this happen to me, and in my experience, it's not been very positive. SS really doesn't want to work w/ u on this unless u bought it DIRECTLY from them and even then, they don't seem to wanna help w/ replacing small parts. i bought a 12" fig off Ebay that had some quality control issues. an article of clothing had been manufactured WAAY to big. it just slid right off the fig. this was obviously something that happened at the factory, and not done by the merchant. i asked SS for a replacement but they said they couldn't help me since i got it off ebay. after some time and begging, they stated that they'd replace the whole figure, but wanted me to pay to have mine shipped back to them. $10-12 dollars for shipping i'm sure. i decided to fix it myself. why they couldn't just send out a new piece of gear, i have no idea.

having a problem similar to this now w/ my PF Vader that i bought direct from SS. having nowhere to display him when i first got him, i left him in the box (after i opened and inspected him for breakage and working electronics. didn't attach the saber blade tho. grr). went to display him (the 30 days had passed) and his saber blade was snapped into. i contact SS and they tell me they have no replacements. so looks like i'll have to spend $350.00 to get a damn blade. i don't really understand why they haven't made extra parts for these occasions. they own the molds right?

Last edited:
If you buy from them directly and are within the 30 day period they will bend over backwards for you. We even learned that it seems they made some extra parts for a particularly vulnerable item so they could help out with breakages.

If you don't buy from them, then they have no control over where the item has been. Also frequently they don't have extra parts and even if they were to go against their policy, they just aren't able to help because they don't have the item in question.

But it can't hurt to ask - email customer service again.

This is why I always buy directly from SS...And you should always open your stuff,ecspecially PFs, right away!

Thanks for the advice, it still doesn't help me get a cloak though! :lol I'll just have to display him without, there's no way I am buying another figure just for the cloak. I'd rather just buy another different figure.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I can imagine that this is more that annoying! But look at it this way: this happened once to you, and it will not happen again!
Just like Kingdarkness, I'd advice you to buy directly from SSC, and be sure to always inspect your items within 30 days. That's how I do it too. You would be surprised what the SSC CS does to help you!
As for the broken blade... hmmm, it's a bit odd that SSC can't replace that. With all the lightsaber wielding PF's they offer, they should really reconsider selling these parts separately. Can you imagine having your GG, Obi or Vader on display in a lightsaber pose, WITOUT the blade?? I can't.
I once had an issue with the blade of my Attakus Vader 2. The blade was slightly bent. I contacted Attakus about it, and they said that blades are no problem. For $9 They'd send me a new blade. Eventually, I didn't buy the new blade, since the problem could be solved with a blow-drier!

well i can kinda understand the lack of an EXACT replacement blade since the one i need (for Vader) is a plug in type that completes the circut (sp) and makes the blade light up, but w/ the popularity of Vader, u would think they'd have replacement parts.

my advice on the missing cloak (again, u'd think SS would be able to offer something as simple as the cloak) . u can find quite a few jed robes custom made for 1/6 figures on Ebay. they're usually about $15 bucks. Luke's is more of a hooded cape so u could probably make ur own.

if sideshow cant help you with the cloak there is someone on ebay that makes custom cloaks for 12" figures. the seller is D-Art Studios, i know paying for one stinks but for $15 or so for just the robe beats buying an entirely new figure for more. here's a link for you: D-Art Studios

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have a cloak coming my way! Yay! I would also like to publicly thank the anonymous donor - you know who you are! And also Cindy from the EU warehouse for getting in touch and also our very own Dusty for helping out. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks Guys!

paulcarson said:
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have a cloak coming my way! Yay! I would also like to publicly thank the anonymous donor - you know who you are! And also Cindy from the EU warehouse for getting in touch and also our very own Dusty for helping out. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks Guys!

Like I said: you would be surprised what the SSC CS does to help you. All's well that ends well!

PS: I am NOT the donor. Just a SSC CS fan.

Our Customer Service reps to try to help out whenever possible. However, people should not assume that these replacement parts are just waiting here for them. Our replacement parts are used for the run whether it is sold through our wholesale accounts or through us directly. Therefore, they deplete very quickly.

It is wise to inspect your item prior to purchasing or contacting your merchant very quickly for replacement so that we can assist you.

Sidesow does not do direct replacement from secondary sales. If the merchant ia an authorized dealer of ours, we will work with them if we have replacements and parts. We can not be responsible of the treatment of the Sideshow item when sold through a private party auction and therefore should not be responsible for replacing possible pilfered accessories from the box, damaged boxes, broken sabers, etc.

This is where the phrase,'Buyer Beware' comes into play!

Best,
C

Back