Removing paint from plastic sculpts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eczamurai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

title says it all, I got 2 sculpts that need a repaint, but I don't want to destroy the sculpt by using aceton for example.

Anyone got a fool-proof way of removing paint from plastic?

Cheers, Jeroen

Won't that hurt the sculpt? I'm 100% sure acetone bites plastic.

I shouldn't hurt it, but try it on a sculpt you don't care about. Just a little bit of acetone and a lot of alcohol. Or you can try 90% rubbing alcohol sometimes that works to and that wont hurt at all.

There is a product available at most good hobby shops called Easy Lift Off.It is specifically designed to remove decals and paint from plastics(it's made to strip plastic models to the plastic WITHOUT destroying them). A very useful product that I've had very good results with...PS

There is a product available at most good hobby shops called Easy Lift Off.It is specifically designed to remove decals and paint from plastics(it's made to strip plastic models to the plastic WITHOUT destroying them). A very useful product that I've had very good results with...PS

I was gonna say the same thing! Some of the bottles they jkust call it ELO. I cant get that here in canada so i use a product from wall mart called supper clean! It kinda turns the sculpt a bit purple but u dont notice it after its primed and painted again!

Back