Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are more people collecting yes. Doesn't mean they can't be more careful with their money. Especially when the prices are increasing. They used to roll the dice and just buy day one. Now they wait to see how things turn out.

There are more people collecting yes. Doesn't mean they can't be more careful with their money. Especially when the prices are increasing. They used to roll the dice and just buy day one. Now they wait to see how things turn out.
this describes me

I'm sure there's also a ton of people waiting for in hand pictures first, seeing as how disastrous the original Red Sonja PF turned out to be.

That is probably true for a small percentage, but not sure the "new" collectors you spoke about would be that disciplined.

Yeah I suppose it's hard to tell but at 500 bones I just see people being more careful. Not sure that it's a significant impact. Just a thought.

Got a 10% popup then it said I had already used the code.
Haven't ordered anything in about 8 months :lol

Money saved, business lost.

Edit: Just checked. Last order 17th Jan.

Got a 10% popup then it said I had already used the code.
Haven't ordered anything in about 8 months :lol

Money saved, business lost.

Edit: Just checked. Last order 17th Jan.

It's apparently one per account, but I don't know if you only get one for your entire lifetime. :lol It'd be nice if they gave each customer one a year.

It's apparently one per account, but I don't know if you only get one for your entire lifetime. :lol It'd be nice if they gave each customer one a year.

Yes, they foolishly changed it recently to one per person FOREVER(and with no warning so you don't blow it on a $50 item). They need to adjust that policy, especially with their no monthly code policy now too. Seems like they want to milk the customers they still have more and more to make up for losses elsewhere.

Yes, they foolishly changed it recently to one per person FOREVER(and with no warning so you don't blow it on a $50 item). They need to adjust that policy, especially with their no monthly code policy now too. Seems like they want to milk the customers they still have more and more to make up for losses elsewhere.

That sucks. I was hoping it would pop up again after enough time had passed.

Sideshow's discount codes have become a joke. I used to bother keeping a wallet of codes but now almost all of them expire in two weeks.

Maybe if people hadn't abused it, Sideshow would have kept it the way it was

Confused?! If there's a 5/10% discount available who's not going to use it?
How can it be 'abused'?

As far as i'm aware there were already restrictions as to how many times you could use a popup code. One time only, ever, per account seems ridiculous.

Oh well. Due to their strange policies they've lost another potential order from me.

I really abused best buy the other day, they had buy 1 get 1 free on video games so I bought a lot of them.

What’s really dumb is SSC keeps sending me emails "here is 10% off the item in your cart" even though I’m not eligible to use it. Who the hell is writing the code for these internet/website promotions? If anyone is to blame for this “abuse” it’s the programmers. If I’m not eligible to use the code why are you sending them too me in the first place??? Stop false advertising!!! It’s the equivalent of walking into a store seeing an item on sale for 10% off, but when you go to checkout they say oops sorry it’s not on sale we made a mistake, you’re not eligible for that price. The price you see is only for the guy behind you in line that never shops here. In reality, that never happens because brick and motor stores are required by law to honor the sale price (the price marked) even if it’s an error.

Last edited:
Back