Rainman's Project (Heel 1999)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackSanta

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here is Rainman's New Project 'Heel 1999'

proto type !!!

anirio_20100619144157_12910562_1.jpg

anirio_20100619144157_12910562_2.jpg

with flower ring, sunglasses, heel parts, maybe 2 clothes.
we're making head, clothes now, use hot toys female caucasian body.

I'll show working process on here.

thank you ^^

I do agree with Hydeous on that one don't want to be paying more.. might even go for the head and clothing set if it is indeed going to happen which I hope it does.

What really bothers me is that her fur coat should be all black, not black and white. It mirrors her messy hair and makes her look different from Tyler V2's coat. The white fur ruins it. :( Hopefully that is just a stand-in Tyler jacket used for the pictures and Rainman can find different all-black fur.

The sunglasses have tortoise shell, not black, frames and black lenses.
marla4.jpg

marla5.jpg

The ring looks really good but should have a black dot in the middle.
marla18.jpg

And Rainman should definitely make her gray sweater to wear over her black dress. :pray:
marla25.jpg

marla26.jpg

With it on it's Marla's finale outfit, with it off plus the hat and fur coat, it's her introduction costume.

She should come with at least: black fur coat, black dress, gray sweater, ring, sunglasses, cigarette, high heeled boots or shoes, and maybe hat and purse. I don't think she needs to come with any other dress.

Last edited:
The shoes are nice but wrong. She either wore ones with straps or high heel boots. I like the boots because, in addition to looking both feminine and tough, they would have the benefit of helping hide the ankle joints.
marlas6.jpg

marlas8.jpg

marla20.jpg

marlas1.jpg

marlas3.jpg

marlas4.jpg

marlas2.jpg

Last edited:
What really bothers be is that her fur coat should be all black, not black and white. It mirrors her messy hair and makes her look different from Tyler V2's coat. The white fur ruins it. :( Hopefully that is just a stand-in Tyler jacket used for the pictures and Rainman can find different all-black fur.

Yes.

But I kinda doubt it though, I think it'll be the same pattern as the tyler v2.

She should come with at least: black fur coat, black dress, gray sweater, ring, sunglasses, cigarette, high heeled boots or shoes, and maybe hat and purse. I don't think she needs to come with any other dress.

Yes. Hat and purse isnt a deal breaker for me.

The shoes are nice but wrong. She either wore ones with straps or high heel boots. I like the boots because, in addition to looking both feminine and tough, they would have the benefit of helping hide the ankle joints.

YES.
:goodpost:

I do agree with Hydeous on that one don't want to be paying more.. might even go for the head and clothing set if it is indeed going to happen which I hope it does.

I remembered zuno mentioned a while back that hes considering marla to be full set only.

Dunno if rainman is committed to that. Since quite a few stuffs has changed. :gah:

anything bout the red OP shades btw :dunno

Wow just seen this! Whats up fellas? Looks like were all here again. Can't wait for the release of Marla so I can stop having to worry about it. Looks like Tyler's coat is just being used as a stand in to cover the naked truetype (I hope!). I also hope there will be full sets and head/clothes sets. I havent had much luck on the full figures last two times out despite being there on time. Plus Studio DF's paint work has gotten better with every release.

About her shoes, if Rainman made the high heel boots he could use the same leather construction as he did with The Bad's boots. This way, the boots would not only hide the ankle joint while still allowing it to move fully, they would also look better than resin cast shoes. Those prototype shoes, while well made, just don't match any shoes she wore in the movie.

Entopry's imput has made a lot of these figures so much better... Things I would have noticed down the line snd been dissappointed over are nipped in the bud.

But yes I hate to encouage Rainman to go back from scratch but I agree i'd like these heels accurate especially since these boot style heels would cover the joints well not to mention be more screen accurate.

So far the shoes and the color of the coat need some TLC!

Entopry's imput has made a lot of these figures so much better... Things I would have noticed down the line snd been dissappointed over are nipped in the bud.

But yes I hate to encouage Rainman to go back from scratch but I agree i'd like these heels accurate especially since these boot style heels would cover the joints well not to mention be more screen accurate.

So far the shoes and the color of the coat need some TLC!

thanks Ray. :) I should get a free or discounted Rainman figure, right? :exactly:

The more I look at them, the more the prototype shoes look plain and boring to me, unlike Marla.
Of all options, I think short leather boots like The Bad's would look the best.
gunman1_08.jpg

Last edited:
what exactly are those types of shoes that marla wore called anyways boots or pumps?

So if rainman decides to give us those, will the title changed from 'heels1999' to ''boots or pumps1999'' then?:lol

all of marla's shoes, the boots included had high heels so no re-naming issues. pumps, like Rainman's shoes, have low fronts and no strapping but Marla never wore any like that in the film.

It's tyler's coat. because, we're making her clothes.
sunglasses will be painted spots pattern.
her feet are very small, so, we can't make boots same like western boots.
Final proto type will be showed at end of this month.

Thanks for the update.

I had a feeling it was Tyler's coat and I'm glad that was the case. I can't wait to see the finished clothing and painted sculpt.

And hopefully Rainman can improve the shoes.

santajack I would like for you to explain to rainman with regards to the shoes if the final product will remain that way than its definitely a disapointment.

It's tyler's coat. because, we're making her clothes.
sunglasses will be painted spots pattern.
her feet are very small, so, we can't make boots same like western boots.
Final proto type will be showed at end of this month.

Thanks for the update.

I had a feeling it was Tyler's coat and I'm glad that was the case. I can't wait to see the finished clothing and painted sculpt.

And hopefully Rainman can improve the shoes.

santajack I would like for you to explain to rainman with regards to the shoes if the final product will remain that way than its definitely a disapointment.

popcorn.gif

Back