Rainmans 'Killer A'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: 'No Country Killer'

A lot of people have put this character on their short list of characters they wanted Rainman (or Iminime) to do, along with other psychos like Bateman and Travis Bickle. And as history has shown, Rainman listens to those who speak loudly enough. I think this character is worthy of the Rainman treatment, though.
I think it's a worthy character i ilke the character and the performance though I'm not a fan of the movie or the pretentious Cohen brothers.
Funny enough, if you ever see an interview with those guys, they come off as some of the least pretentious Hollywood types around.

I think its great that its being made as I see it regularly on the Rainman wishlist... But honestly not a fan of the movie, and I dunno - just hate Bardem.

Probably because of his wife/girlfriend :monkey1

A lot of people have put this character on their short list of characters they wanted Rainman (or Iminime) to do, along with other psychos like Bateman and Travis Bickle. And as history has shown, Rainman listens to those who speak loudly enough. I think this character is worthy of the Rainman treatment, though.

Bickle has been SHOUTED for, for a long time now. Speaking loudly, and/or chanting for his 1/6th scale reincarnation has been something many have done. Yet it seems like there's a flow, a flavor of the month, that gets eventually pushed ahead of him mysteriously, especially with many wanting rainman's version of the iconic DeNiro character.

No denying the greatness of 'Milkshake man' and surely, 'No Country Killer' will be a hit... as was Pee-Wee and Doc. But ultimately, there's always a swoon, a late push of influence that gets to push back certain characters. :things that make you go hmmmm:

Bickle has been SHOUTED for, for a long time now. Speaking loudly, and/or chanting for his 1/6th scale reincarnation has been something many have done. Yet it seems like there's a flow, a flavor of the month, that gets eventually pushed ahead of him mysteriously, especially with many wanting rainman's version of the iconic DeNiro character.

No denying the greatness of 'Milkshake man' and surely, 'No Country Killer' will be a hit... as was Pee-Wee and Doc. But ultimately, there's always a swoon, a late push of influence that gets to push back certain characters. :things that make you go hmmmm:
I think you're right in that Bickle has been pushed for a long time by many, but I also think there are some characters Rainman just chooses not to pursue. This is all speculation--I don't really know--but I figure that if Rainman was gonna do Bickle he already would have done so. Maybe he just doesn't care for the performance. Or, maybe you are right and the right people haven't been advocating for it.

...And as history has shown, Rainman listens to those who speak loudly enough...

With Rainman's work style, I could never understand how the next figure is decided. Does the wishlist thread play any role, or is it because individuals, or maybe a group of people push for a particular character, or he makes his own choice. Looks like a mix of everything :confused:

I think it is mostly folks who e-mail and PM Rainman. I don't think the wishlist makes much of a difference, but again that's just speculation. We know that specific boardies have been responsible for various Rainman releases in the past. On rare occasions (Hepburn, the mouse?), Rainman actually seems to choose for himself.

Hepburn and the mouse were WAAAY old releases, before Rainman was accessible to most people, since then everything changed. I think the Fight Club/GBU releases was what opened him up. I remember Zuno was the only go between then for Korean artists works being sold outside Korea...

As my boy Mr. Ecko stated I cannot wait for this figure.:yess: This will be my first full Rainman figure. Hopefully afterwards he will complete the Tombstone trifecta with Wyatt and Ringo.

Hepburn and the mouse were WAAAY old releases, before Rainman was accessible to most people, since then everything changed. I think the Fight Club/GBU releases was what opened him up. I remember Zuno was the only go between then for Korean artists works being sold outside Korea...
I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure Fight Club and GBU came out before those releases you are mentioning. But they were awhile back. It seems like everything he does now is made with the intention of attracting a wide enough audience.

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure Fight Club and GBU came out before those releases you are mentioning. But they were awhile back. It seems like everything he does now is made with the intention of attracting a wide enough audience.
Really? I though Stuart Little was much much older than Fight Club... but yes I could be wrong.

Yeah, I'm looking back at the e-mails "Santa Jack" used to send, and the announcement for Tyler V2 was April 2010, Singer was July, Hepburn was September, and mouse was December. GBU came before all those.

How many actually own that Mouse figure now? I hardly see inhand pics of him

How many actually own that Mouse figure now? I hardly see inhand pics of him

I saw him on the shelf in the "not for sale section" at Superman Comics yesterday.

BTW so pumped for this next figure!!!:blissy:blissy

Ah man... I wished I was working at that time. I was still a student then, and had NO CHANCE of owning that one. It was such a cute figure... never saw it on the For Sale threads too

A worthy choice but no interest in buying it myself. A little dissapointed it's not Mr. Torrance to coincide with Halloween but oh well.

Include the silenced rifle and compressed air tank, and he's mine....friendo.

Back