Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting a H&C set but I had an idea that I think Rainman should do since this is an anniversary figure. For all FS and DX order make the figure box look like a Taxi, still a box shape but painted yellow with windshield on one end and bumper in other end, other sides will have the doors and windows etc etc, and the roof could have an ad sign saying "Driver" by Rainmanartwork, would be such a cool display box!

I'm getting a H&C set but I had an idea that I think Rainman should do since this is an anniversary figure. For all FS and DX order make the figure box look like a Taxi, still a box shape but painted yellow with windshield on one end and bumper in other end, other sides will have the doors and windows etc etc, and the roof could have an ad sign saying "Driver" by Rainmanartwork, would be such a cool display box!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rNb1BAXxU[/ame]

think you've kind of hit the nail on the head here. where do people get off? its totally uncool and pretty disgusting the way people behave in these threads and the way in which they lash out against an artist who--aside from being talented and popular--is kind to his supporters and for this, he has been treated really poorly.
it's truly unfortunate because, honestly, i wouldnt blame RM at all if her decided to step back and no longer communicate with people and treat everyone coldly because some people, apparently, cant be given an inch without demanding the mile.

I think because so many of us now have spent on the low end of 10k on Rainman figures if you got most of them, we now feel like we bought Rainman himself.

Not cool. I want him to make what he wants. And ill get what I want from that and skip what I don't, I don't know how Rainman puts up with all of this BS.

When Rainman is into the project he's inspired and the result is always his best work, I feel bad for him in dealing with this board's complaining sometimes. Every single one of us is guilty, me too but it's getting old.

Oh well.

think you've kind of hit the nail on the head here. where do people get off? its totally uncool and pretty disgusting the way people behave in these threads and the way in which they lash out against an artist who--aside from being talented and popular--is kind to his supporters and for this, he has been treated really poorly.
it's truly unfortunate because, honestly, i wouldnt blame RM at all if her decided to step back and no longer communicate with people and treat everyone coldly because some people, apparently, cant be given an inch without demanding the mile.

:goodpost:..............................

The fact that Torrence is a more logical choice is Persisely WHY people should have just calmed down backed off and let Rainman do what he wants. There's a chance it would have been shining anyway.

He will EVENTUALLY do it. It's a given. People you just slapped down 1500 dollars on a Rainman figure, what's the rush? If he's doing something you don't want right away consider yourself lucky.

Because Torrence is a given I think pushing it hard is unmeasisary and getting worked up over it is ultra unmeasisary. I think it's great that Rainman wants to do more obscure characters in between the more popular ones.

I think a lot of you in here complain about the complaining, but at the same time fuel the argument even further in an indirect manner.

Its over with lets keep this thread Taxi Driver and worry about RM's next project when its announced.

It's a good point :lecture I've said my piece and point well taken. I'm done in the matter, I for one am not trying to fuel the fire but I can't say that the whole thing didn't get me a bit perturbed. I just feel that these kinds of things ruin the experience, and because of crap like this, bickering about choices and what not it gets in the way of honest constructive feedback when warranted. It muddies the water and there is an overall negative connotation and it comes off as disrespectful and we collectively become the boy who cried wolf.

Anyways back to Taxi Driver, I've been thinking that there are better options for arms than hot toys Bruce lee. Enterbay GOD rubber body for example is one of them. Though im not sure of a functioning arm swap would work.

mock1_zps0aa2be08.jpg

Anyways back to Taxi Driver, I've been thinking that there are better options for arms than hot toys Bruce lee. Enterbay GOD rubber body for example is one of them. Though im not sure of a functioning arm swap would work.

you like the arms but not the torso?

I'm not in the customs section too much. And i missed out on Taxi Driver. Who's Rainmans next figure of?

I don't blame Tim at all for tanking the thread..

Thanks Ray.

To clear up matters: I asked a mod to take the thread down. This does not 'mean' anything in regards to the figure.

As far as I know, Lee is still going to do his choice next: Amsterdam. Unless the whole situation has soured his view on it and he does something different.

But I am washing my hands of the whole situation. Sick of it, (and more precisely: a specific poisonous member).

:peace

Hello it is rainman.
I checked order finally.
And i got dissapoint.
Many people couldn't buy full set bcuz limit.
But 13peopels didn't pay yet.
and didn't talk to me anything. so i cancled all.
I know someone couldn't buy full set.
I will open5set both.this is really last.
I want you buy if you can pay in 1day.
And i will close forever.

And i will make black list for next time.
I won't sell to them for new member that want to buy.

Back