Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thrilled to see Rainman included the "Lee" jeans badge. Bickle wore Lee jeans so it's a great detail. Just wished that the Kong patch was corrected, that was the only fumble I see with the clothing. The patch we got is still good, but it's not graphically accurate.

D4CD29CE-BDA7-4E18-934F-54F115D68191-1370-00000409EB8A2082_zpsf2a7d811.jpg

That Silver Buckle detail is crazy! :drool. One of my favorite details for sure.

6C9F4DBD-DD95-4D84-8EE6-A37F0E534AA5-1370-0000040A04093F73_zps07cccd7a.jpg

That Silver Buckle detail is crazy! :drool. One of my favorite details for sure.

6C9F4DBD-DD95-4D84-8EE6-A37F0E534AA5-1370-0000040A04093F73_zps07cccd7a.jpg
Whenever folks criticize Rainman pieces for this or that, this is the kind of thing they don't seem to understand. The level of detail and quality on something like the buckle are pretty much unmatched in the 1/6 scale world. Every custom has its pros and cons, but it would be a mistake to ignore the little things that really make Rainman's work stand out from the crowd.

But about head we got.Which body RM use?(I know about chest piece, but basicly?)Head looks good proportion even on ht muscular-here my Willis-Indiana body.Of curse Travis should be scinny,but which slim body will be good for such big hs?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

On a lighter note... Hmmm looks like "bane" had an illicit child... :)

Edit: somehow that pics u posted are mot showing in my quote...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone knows if similar boots are available anyplace for sale. I am not looking at exact replica, something on these lines would do. Again not something that costs me equal a tooth extraction....

I got a bottomless box full of sexiness today and all I can say is wow, wow, wow :panic:

I don't know where to even start. I guess I'll start by saying the usual; as nice as the pics thus far have been, none have perfectly conveyed how awesome this is in hand. Now that I see this in person I can say I've changed my mind about Aeon's paint. I definitely favor The Man's job once again. Despite the way he beautified Travie's lips and complexion a little, he got the irises & stubble much better and just the overall appearance is a cut above. I think Aeon is extremely talented but in my eyes RM's touch is always overall a notch better.

There's still a lot for me to soak in to share all my thoughts but there's no question that this is The Man in full form again. There's everything that you expect in a Rainman set here; top shelf accurate accessories, top shelf accurate (90% ;)) outfits, some fantastic sculpts with major league paint work, quality body, etc. The quality of chest piece is very impressive. Even if it may need a repaint, the construction of it is nearly on the level of a factory mass produced item. After some recent hiccups, I’m extremely happy to see him step to the plate this hard and make this huge effort to restore the faith. This set is a big reminder of who he is, what he’s made of and why he’s earned his spot in the game :bow

There's been some doubt about the value of this recently. Yes this is a big nut to drop on a dual set but I can't think of anything else out there recently that beats this in the value department (specifically speaking about the DFS/DX). Per version we got 3 accessories, 2 rigs, a 3 piece outfit (jacket, shirt, jeans) & boots, a custom chest piece and a painted sculpt.... all of which are of the highest quality that the hobby has to offer... for $650 a pop :rock :rock Let's not forget the real silver belt buckle that hit a level of craftsmanship that we rarely see, despite the fact that we are surrounded by the greatest talents in the game.

Now if you'll excuse me.... I have some important work to do for the government....

Oh, and the final secret sculpt checking in here :wave

THANK YOU 1000X RAINMAN!!! :rock :rock :rock

He actually confused my last order with this one and sent me a painted Dude head that I already received last time. I'm gonna hit him up now and see if he wants me to return it

Whenever folks criticize Rainman pieces for this or that, this is the kind of thing they don't seem to understand. The level of detail and quality on something like the buckle are pretty much unmatched in the 1/6 scale world. Every custom has its pros and cons, but it would be a mistake to ignore the little things that really make Rainman's work stand out from the crowd.

Word for word 1000% on the money :exactly:

RMs looks too soft..while Kais is too hard and exaggerated. The definitive Bickle has yet to be done!

I agree with the too soft/too hard thing too. I will say that regardless of RM's missing a little bit of that edge that we're looking for, his are my personal faves of all the various attempts so far.

I also like Scott's and I actually think he did a good job with the choppy, messy Mohawk. I really would like to see some paint on that bad boy. I'll be all over that if it paints up like I'm visualizing it to

What's my best option?

Email him and tell him the deal. He'll get back to you and make good without a doubt :wink1: It may take him 1,2,3 days but he’ll get back to you

Congrats on getting the final bloody head! Pretty crazy that 3 of the first people to get it in hand and post pics got those.

:hi5: :panic: :yess:

Not necessarily. Once he told me he would be sending a replacement on a certain day, but weeks passed and nothing, including no responses to e-mails. One day the replacement just showed up with no warning.

Popcultkid...

Do you plan to open a shop or what! Also was the full figure sold for 650? .. Wow...
Great stuff you got man...

Back