R2 D2 Premium Format Figure ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an old picture (or video) of the Luke/Yoda PF and you can see pieces of a 3PO laying on the table....I can't find it, but I remember thinking...'O, cool. 3PO is coming soon'....that was a long time ago! :google

Like I said who knows what SS has up their sleeves. It could have been talked about at one point and then abandoned temporarily. I'll take both of them together or separate.

Just because they won't be appearing in the 12" line isn't an indicator that they will be appearing in some other line. They haven't up until now, after all.

As for the R2 in the video, it really does look like the interactive R2. I just got one not long ago, and it seems like the right size. As others have pointed out, a real 1/4 scale R2 would be much much smaller.

Read my entire post, genius. They're looking to put them out in another format:

We are looking at the Droids for possible inclusion in one of our lines, beyond Life-Size.

Or did you not get that far in your haste to post a rebuttal?

To me that was their way of saying "yeah, we'll get to 12" droids eventually" not a hint that they were going to include them in a non-12" line anytime soon.

Oh, and you're a jerk.

Last edited:
It looks like their old building, and when I was there they had three walls full of stuff like that and everything displayed was their own stuff, so I doubt it would be the interactive R2 or anything else like that. It does seem to big for a PF though, so who knows.

One thing that is for certain, we haven't seen everything they have worked on in 2005-2006 yet.

Related to the pic, how cool would it have been to get the Vader PF on the right? While I love the production piece, the one on the right looks more scene accurate.

To me that was their way of saying "yeah, we'll get to 12" droids eventually" not a hint that they were going to include them in a non-12" line anytime soon.

Oh, and you're a jerk.

They admitted they had no plans to release them this year in 12" format but said that they're looking to include them in another line other than life-size. How you got what you did out of that, well, maybe your "special" teacher can help you with your comprehension issues.

As for being a jerk, this is news to anyone? :huh :lol

I think you're really stretching your interpretation of that statement. I'm not saying they won't come out with a PF droid (and in fact I hope they do, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came before the 12" version). But you can't make that conclusion from that statement. All it says is that they may make non-life sized droids in some line at some point in the future. Stop the presses!

It looks like their old building, and when I was there they had three walls full of stuff like that and everything displayed was their own stuff, so I doubt it would be the interactive R2 or anything else like that. It does seem to big for a PF though, so who knows.

One thing that is for certain, we haven't seen everything they have worked on in 2005-2006 yet.

Related to the pic, how cool would it have been to get the Vader PF on the right? While I love the production piece, the one on the right looks more scene accurate.

You saw prototypes not still presented at Sideshow? :D

Say we much more! :banana:D

I think its the interactive R2...That R2 is out of scale for a PF...

If those are PF's in the middle shelf, you can see that its almost as big as one...PF's maintain a certain scale...If anythng this could be a statue, but again, its the interactive R2...

A 1:4 R2 would be great to have with either ANH Leia or ROTJ Leia. A drink tray would make a great exclusive.

And, this would be the perfect year for them to do a high end R2, seeing as GG dropped the ball with their statue. However, if they don't make him separate from 3PO, I think they will definitely loose money. R2 is thousands of times more popular.

R2 is thousands of times more popular.

I think that's overstating it just a tad. R2 may be more popular, but C-3PO is still plenty popular by himself. In any case, I don't really see the inclusion of C-3PO causing them to lose out on a bunch of sales by any means. I personally would prefer having them posed together, since it gives them more personality than when posed alone (there's only so much you can do with the pose for either droid).

I completely agree with icruise, I hope they come out with a single PF with R2 and 3PO together. I actually think it would sell alot better if they did that, and not the other way around.

A dirty muddy R2 would be cool to go along with the Luke and Yoda PF. Maybe they can do a variant like that.

I think that's overstating it just a tad. R2 may be more popular, but C-3PO is still plenty popular by himself. In any case, I don't really see the inclusion of C-3PO causing them to lose out on a bunch of sales by any means. I personally would prefer having them posed together, since it gives them more personality than when posed alone (there's only so much you can do with the pose for either droid).

The Koto piece got it pretty much perfect, anything like that would get my money.

Back