R.I.P Hostess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answer. It's all a bit clearer now!
The last paragraph is what kinda pisses me off, though. Why would anyone want to join a union then? Sounds more than a dubious organisation to me...

As a few have mentioned they served a big purpose back in the early days of industry to help workers but it seems like now they have gotten out of controll (power hungry, corruption whatever) and for the most part are more bad than good now. When I was out of work I saw a few jobs that I would have had to join a union weather I liked it or not so some people have no choice.

300-Parade-OneDirection1-3-2--jpg_213323.jpg

Everyone is crying about Twinkies going away but can anyone really remember the last time you ate one? Maybe 10 years or longer for me. When I was about 15.

Every summer at the state fair. Deep fried twinkie is a tradition.

R.I.P :monkey2

Depends on who you believe. If there weren't any, then most laborers would be making minimum wage or getting fired when they reach top pay. That's what's happening in alot of places now. One trick too is to hire people on a permanent temporary basis so they don't have to give them any benefits, raises, or can fire them without a reason.

Unions are taking the blame for our lousy economy even though there are very few unions left. It's easy to blame them instead of putting the blame where it really lies.

But, since so many of you seem to think that labor is something that should just suck it up and take what's given to them, I'm done with the union talk. Hopefully by the time I retire I'll still get a little bit of a pension and have some health benefits left.

As for Hostess going bye bye, Little Debbie and other companies make pretty much the same things. And even I can make a twinkie cake. :D

The union did a great job for those 18,500 employees. It's a good thing they stopped the evil corporate bastards from making them take an 8% pay cut. I wonder if they'll be refunding the dues faithfully paid through the years for their complete failure to protect them from losing everything.

:rolleyes:

What unions are being criticized for is the fact that in an economic downturn (caused primarily by the housing collapse, but exacerbated by excessive government spending) they have no concept of tightening their belts, and refuse to learn it. State employees, who are most dependent on the health of the private sector seem to be the ones least willing to grasp that they are the cart, and not the horse.

The union did a great job for those 18,500 employees. It's a good thing they stopped the evil corporate bastards from making them take an 8% pay cut. I wonder if they'll be refunding the dues faithfully paid through the years for their complete failure to protect them from losing everything.

What unions are being criticized for is the fact that in an economic downturn (caused primarily by the housing collapse, but exacerbated by excessive government spending) they have no concept of tightening their belts, and refuse to learn it. State employees, who are most dependent on the health of the private sector seem to be the ones least willing to grasp that they are the cart, and not the horse.

Yup......that's ME! :wave

the union negotiators thought that the company was bluffing :lol

More irony than spinach.

My niece scored six packs yesterday. They were in a random display in a non-Twinkie aisle of the supermarket. Her mom was in another aisle, so she had them tucked against her so no one would see, and as she's walking all hunched over to find her mom, some guy looks at her and says, "What are you doing?"

She glares at him like Gollum and say, "My Twinkies!"

At least, that's the story she told me. The half crushed Twinkies suggest she wasn't entirely lying, but she's already proven that she's inclined to embellish. It was a good story either way.

Yeah, blame it on TV. When my niece runs around the house farting and laughing I blame it on TV too.

You're right, it is suspicious. Furthering suspicions of tomfoolery, she does so without pants....:dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back