Quick Question when selling statues and action figures - Do buyers prefer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfb

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
an item that is still in the original sideshow brown shipping carton/unopened/untouched OR removed from the brown shipping carton and opened up to make sure everything is ok inside?
As a long time collector, it's drilled into your head that if it's opened or disturbed or touched in anyway after you get it from the manufacturer, it's not mint anymore, just wanted to get a general feeling from sideshow collectors about it, thanks!

Depends on the buyer. Anyone familiar with SS statues knows it is better to buy an open inspected statue rather than roll the dice on a sealed one. It protects the seller too, you know exactly what condition the item is in when you ship it so buyer can't pull any tricks. I would think action figures lean more towards sealed. There is less that can go wrong with those and more collectors keep them sealed vs statue collectors. To cover you bases you could always say you will open for inspection or send sealed per the buyers preference.

I prefer buying statues and high end figures that have been opened and inspected. I want to know what I'm getting and not get a surprise broken collectible with no way to return it for a replacement.

I would never pay big money for a collectible that hasn't been opened and inspected, especially when it is long sold out and thus no way to get replacement parts if there's any damage to it.

As a buyer I'd prefer it was inspected but I did once risk it for Avengers Loci. Thankfully he was perfect.

As a seller I will always inspect first (usually as soon as I get it) and state so when I make the sale. I obviously keep all packaging including the shipper for HTs.

Varies by buyer.

Personally, MISB/factory sealed if it's from someone I never dealt with. The more a person fuddles with the components inside the better the chances their banana hands destroy something. :lol

Depends on the buyer. Anyone familiar with SS statues knows it is better to buy an open inspected statue rather than roll the dice on a sealed one. It protects the seller too, you know exactly what condition the item is in when you ship it so buyer can't pull any tricks. I would think action figures lean more towards sealed. There is less that can go wrong with those and more collectors keep them sealed vs statue collectors. To cover you bases you could always say you will open for inspection or send sealed per the buyers preference.

Great idea on the buyers preference, that may cover all the bases, thanks for the input!

I would never give the buyer the choice because it will come back on you should there be something wrong.

'Opened for inspection' (and to take photos for auction) is the same as 'mint in box'

Anyone that tells your differently is not worth dealing with and is basically telling you up front they are going to be difficult to deal with :D

Back