Question about Hasbro VOTC Luke 12 incher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the quality of the clothes on the figure itself? Top notch, pretty good, not that great, down right crud? The boots look pretty clunky to me, are they that bad in person? Is the doll itself a full 12 inches? Would the clothes be a bit looser on a shot Buck body?

I like the clothes 7.5/10. Better than the other Hasbro Luke clothes, but not super.

I think the body used is comprehible to a Buck in terms of girth. Not worth changing to just a Buck. The Hasbro body isn't that bad.

I thought the boots were good.

It could use a water treatment, but I don't find the clothes to be that worse than what SSC would do.

Thanks Prog, would you say though that the body on Luke is as tall as the short male Buck? Naturally I'd stuff the velcro closures for snaps though and replace the belt.

Agreed, overall the clothing quality is fine, though I find the material for his shirt something where I imagine Sideshow will definitely differ, Hasbro's is a thicker, fuzzy type of material where Sideshow will likely go with something smoother and thinner.

Good deal Prog, thanks! Basically I'm looking to cannibalize the VOTC Luke and use the Yavin Luke as a base for a Tatooine Luke (I know the head isnt the best but it's better than Hasbro).

So far the recipe is:

SS Yavin Luke Body, head and hands.
VOTC Luke Shirt, pants, boots.
SS Luke Bespin Sabers lit/unlit

So far the place Im blanking on is the belt. Maybe old Ben Kenobi's?

Good because now I've seen the short comings and can take those into account. :lol I don't think this is going to be one that I myself am going to do anymore though.

Sorry Memnoch, I flaked on looking at the figure. But I'll have to say again, I don't think its a bad figure, but I wouldn't get it to swap SSC parts. I'd wait for the SSC version.

But, for $10 or whatever you might find it for (I got it for $6 on clearance back then) I think its worth having.

After seeing the figure on the 'bay I may just contact a certain customizer to get the figure done. :lol I really want a Tatooine Luke and know it will be a bit before SS gets to him.

After seeing the figure on the 'bay I may just contact a certain customizer to get the figure done. :lol I really want a Tatooine Luke and know it will be a bit before SS gets to him.

I'm not so sure about that. I predict he isn't more than a year away.

Personally, I'd pay someone to make something SSC won't be making ever...like a Lobot. :lol

I'm not so sure about that. I predict he isn't more than a year away.

Personally, I'd pay someone to make something SSC won't be making ever...like a Lobot. :lol

I dunno Prog, I'd like to think like you but for some reason I see a HUGE backlash if SS did put ANH Luke out so fast and plus... that leaves only X-Wing, Snowspeeder, Stormtrooper and Endor Luke really. I just really want one now. :lol

Back