Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What fees does specfiction charges upon shipping US?

Besides shipping, are there any additional charges, like import fees or taxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What fees does specfiction charges upon shipping US?

Besides shipping, are there any additional charges, like import fees or taxes?

The shipping fees should be in the listing for the item. There's generally a table in/near the description. I'm not familiar with their import fees and taxation because I live in a state with no sales tax.

BBTS already factored a shipping into the price, plus you have to pay sales tax on top of that with shipping factored in. I think BBTS purchases are going to end up being more than some others.

Are they serious? 600 more for rooted hair on top of tax and shipping? Lol!! No thank you especially for a 1/4.Regular for me and happy with it. Just means I get to buy a second statue with the money I am saving. Congrats to those that got one. That sucker sold out quick.

I would imagine for the price difference, the artist is painting and adding the hair himself, hence the term 'artists edition'. Still incredibly expensive for sure, but I'd be willing to pay it personally as I don't buy many statues at all and I really love this character, but if I can't get one I'll settle for the regular.

Viper is doing the Artist editions sculpts, so it is just like paying for a custom sculpt to be done.

Will be interesting to see the final production on the sculpted compared to the Artist edition.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If that's the case seems like a deal... private commissions for these things are way more expensive.

If that's the case seems like a deal... private commissions for these things are way more expensive.
In doing the sculpts, I just mean painted.
I do wonder how much better the sculpts will be painted compared to the regular edition.

I originally just thought the rooted hair was the only difference.

Viper is doing the Artist editions sculpts, so it is just like paying for a custom sculpt to be done.

Will be interesting to see the final production on the sculpted compared to the Artist edition.

The thing is, I personally couldn't see any differences in paint app on the promo pics of the sculpted and the rooted. So if in the end product, the paint app of the rooted can look better than the promo pic, then it's worth the money, I guess. But if it's the other way around, the end product of the sculpted looks nothing like the promo pics (as in bad paint app), then it will be a disaster for those who ordered the sculpted hair one.

The thing is, I personally couldn't see any differences in paint app on the promo pics of the sculpted and the rooted. So if in the end product, the paint app of the rooted can look better than the promo pic, then it's worth the money, I guess. But if it's the other way around, the end product of the sculpted looks nothing like the promo pics (as in bad paint app), then it will be a disaster for those who ordered the sculpted hair one.
I couldn't see a difference either, so they really wouldn't want to have a drop in quality for the production piece because they'll have a lot of complaints otherwise.

There are 4 of the Artist Edition versions up at BBTS for preorder as of 10:45am eastern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 now as of 11:34am est.

source.gif

I couldn't see a difference either, so they really wouldn't want to have a drop in quality for the production piece because they'll have a lot of complaints otherwise.

Exactly. Their only option is to up the notch on the artist edition, because otherwise, those who ordered the reg version would feel like they are being cheated if the paintjob aint nowhere near as good as the prototype is (assuming the prototype of reg version is also painted by the master artist)

Not sure if I'll be able to secure an artist's edition at this point, so I'm considering getting the JND instead, and maybe the standard version of this, unless someone can tell me where else I can get the artists edition. I'm in Australia so by the time I saw the big bad toy store post above it was gone.

A fellow aussie!
The only places I know are Sugo toys and popcultcha, best to give them a ring and see if they plan to stock these. Collecting can be a challenge for us down under, fingers crossed you get lucky mate.

Back