QOrange - 1/6 QOM-1026 German 1st Mountain Division (1. Gebirgs-Division) Caucasus, 1942

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I love how much the scarf changes up the look. Awesome display!

IMG_0037.JPG

The backpack in this Gebirgsjager set is odd. Someone on BBICN queried why there wasn't a waist strap as advertised, but I don't think the M1931 came with one.

I thought the two loops on the back were to hold the planned strap, but now I think they must be where the shoulder straps fasten as there's nowhere else to hook them.

Looking at photos of a 1:1 replica I think there should be another set of straps with hooks on them:

View attachment 653484

Photos of the vintage Dragon Models version also showed up. This one had the waist belt, and it appears they designed it so shoulders straps hooked to the waist belt:

View attachment 653485

I don't know what's correct, but the only thing to do with the QOrange is hook the shoulder straps to the belt loops. It's not really going to be seen anyway.

Someone on BBICN reported that QOrange have sent out the missing backpack belts:

Q belt.jpg

Kit said he had a mysterious delivery of belts from an unknown source last week.

That also solves the mystery of how the backpack straps were meant to be fastened: the hooks on the ends of them simply hook onto the waist belt, which passes through the two sets of loops on the pack.

Back