PS2 out sells PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no doubt some very good games coming out for the PS3 and the 360. That said the next game i'm looking forward to the most is Drakes.

I think Infamous might be next on my list, then ghostbusters. I just bought DarkSector for $19.99 which is a solid game at that price...it will tide me over until the slew of new releases arrises. Summer looks pretty slow, but it's the fall/winter of 09 that will hit me hard.

There are no doubt some very good games coming out for the PS3 and the 360. That said the next game i'm looking forward to the most is Drakes.

I am looking forward to that game more than any other. :rock I remember posting things for people to play this game. Most were like meh, when we get to it. Then when they played it they got it. LOL!

I am looking forward to that game more than any other. :rock I remember posting things for people to play this game. Most were like meh, when we get to it. Then when they played it they got it. LOL!

Yea Drake's is gonna rock. I loved the first and this is gonna blow that one away.

That was then this now. I dont know many players that dont have upgrade ability now. A year or more ago the PS3 was the best Blu Ray player for the money but not anymore. If you dont believe the fact that price difference between a blu ray player has any effect on sales you have blinders on. I know a number of people who have a PS3 for the blu ray player only.

I get you all LOVE your PS3 and how could anyone say anything bad about it. :horror:horror:horror:horror

Wow, all I did was explain a little something about the PS3. I didn't say anythign about the value of the PS3. I didn't say anything about sales of the PS3. I didn't say anything against people buying it just for the blu-ray player. I didn't say the PS3 was the greatest thing in the world. WTF are you smoking?

Last edited:
Look the Wii dominates but that's just a glorified party games machine
Worldwide sales between Xbox and PS3 are very close, less than 7 million as of the end of last year.
I love my Xbox but you have to face facts, the Xbox came out over a year before PS3 and I wonder how many people had to buy another Xbox to replace there broken ones.
I own all three so I'm not some Fanboy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars

I bought a Bluray player and a friend informed me that for an extra £30 - £40 I could have a PS3

So I took the Bluray back got a refund and bought a PS3

I like it, apart from a compatibility issue with the remote and my Harmony (infrared, bluetooth etc) Ive no complaints, Ive got it on the network and Im running TVersity so I can play avi files on it, etc. Throw over pictures, bought about 10 games for it, but . . . Im used to a keyboard and mouse (played on those since the original UT and I think any console interface is weird)

So apart from only playing 10 minutes on all the games Ive bought (apart from when friends come round then its stuntman ignition and football) Ive no complaints

Price was right, for me, I just paid an extra £30 - £40 to play games every now and then and stream movie files and photos

Good post. However, I took out all the games that were on the 360 (some of them mind you came out first for 360 and actually play better). Enjoy! :duff :lol

So really you have 7 original titles.

That may be true, but I made no distinction in my post regarding "original" or "exclusive" PS3 games vs. multi-platform games. Regardless the only multi-platform game on that list that came out on 360 prior to PS3 is Bioshock, and from indications, the PS3 version of Bioshock is better than the 360 version. The fact that some multiplatform games "play" better on one console or another is mostly subjective. In my experience, the 360 verison of Madden 2008 "played" better on 360 because of it's superior frame rate as it was developed on 360 first then ported over. Some arrgue that Street Fighter 4 plays better on PS3 because of the Dual Shocks D Pad.

And yes, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will be phenomenal. I'm in on the multiplayer Beta, can't wait 'til it starts next Wednesday!

mmmm Drakes :drool

index_08.jpg

I think PS3 sales are to some extent hurt by the fact that games like GTA IV or Fallout are getting exclusive downloads for 360.

Back