Prometheus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass for me because I didnt like the movie at all. I know alot of people liked it. But to me honestly it was very confusing and I walked out after half the movie. I wanted to see aliens but was so confused. Didnt see anything aliens and all i saw was a zombie like guy killing himself and a robot human guy testing on a young girl. I left after the part where she did surgery on herself to remove a worm. I know it's a great sci fi movie for people who likes it and the statues will look great.

Hmmm...yeah, after reading all that I definitely don't think Prometheus is the movie for you.

Right...

I think a lot of folks don't realize that this is the first installment of a franchise -- therefore there are enigmas that are created or left for the next installment and so on -- just the way scenes are written to keep the viewer on the edge of his seat.

The philosophies that arise are interesting -- the concept of mortality and immortality -- why did they create us in the first place, why ere they now destroying them - or replacing them --

like why was Charlize's character overlooked - Weyland saying he had no son thus the closest thing to a son was David (not his daughter) --

I love the giant facehugger -- it's almost reminiscent of Giger's original designs -- earlier versions as it were...

I love the baby squid burster -- it's like a cute sperm/squid thing that becomes the giant "bodyhugger"--

I like that the protoxeno tears it's way out at the end -- for those who didn't realize it was related to alien, now they know...

I love the sacrifice of the captain nad the loyalty of his crew

I loved Shaw's courage to rid herself of the "foreign body" -- that scene was really intense...I didn't think there'd be another scene that could rival the chestburster scene from the original and this was pretty damn close...

Mhm, reread what he said. Now I understand if you don't like the movie, of course you're entitled to your opinions...however, I have a feeling he wasn't able to grasp the concept.

I agree -- I sense that many folks who are into alien/predator series aren't really into the the philosophies perhaps that created them in the first place...as for me, I'm all about the reasoning and the significance of these character creations -- Godzilla is an example of a cool concept and everything, just never executed very well past the original and perhaps the GMK movie...

the philiosophies inherent in the Universal monster movies are really very intriguing and that goes with the alien films and most especially prometheus

I agree there were a couple of "red shirt" moments - and we expect those folks to die -- the real trick was how...

Last edited:
Right...

I think a lot of folks don't realize that this is the first installment of a franchise -- therefore there are enigmas that are created or left for the next installment and so on -- just the way scenes are written to keep the viewer on the edge of his seat.

The philosophies that arise are interesting -- the concept of mortality and immortality -- why did they create us in the first place, why ere they now destroying them - or replacing them --

like why was Charlize's character overlooked - Weyland saying he had no son thus the closest thing to a son was David (not his daughter) --

I love the giant facehugger -- it's almost reminiscent of Giger's original designs -- earlier versions as it were...

I love the baby squid burster -- it's like a cute sperm/squid thing that becomes the giant "bodyhugger"--

I like that the protoxeno tears it's way out at the end -- for those who didn't realize it was related to alien, now they know...

I love the sacrifice of the captain nad the loyalty of his crew

I loved Shaw's courage to rid herself of the "foreign body" -- that scene was really intense...I didn't think there'd be another scene that could rival the chestburster scene from the original and this was pretty damn close...

:exactly:

This movie was everything that science fiction should be and rarely is. Anyone who doesn't see this is missing it.

I'm just glad that we have a 'smart' sci-fi movie again. I haven't seen one since the original Matrix blew me away. There's room for all types of sci-fi but the movie's that really make you think are the ones for me.

I'm just glad that we have a 'smart' sci-fi movie again. I haven't seen one since the original Matrix blew me away. There's room for all types of sci-fi but the movie's that really make you think are the ones for me.

I'd say it was very generous of you to put Matrix 2 and 3 up at Prometheus's intelligence level!

I hope they make a ton of pieces from this film.
I want an Engineer in suit (not diaper) maquette. 1/4+
All the creatures and maybe even a Shaw PF and David. Or maybe just Shaw with an Excl. David head. lol
The giant head stone with canisters, Space Jockey w/ closing mask,
Xeno wall relief, the hanger dome (which is totally Giger)...I need to see this movie again. So much eye candy I can't even process it all. lol

I'd say it was very generous of you to put Matrix 2 and 3 up at Prometheus's intelligence level!

I'd say, you didn't read his post slow enough.:wink1:

Right...

keep telling yourself that....the script for prometheus was written by damon lindelof - the same moron who wrote lost including its ending. If you believe it will end well as oppose to more forced obscurity & confusion, i have a bridge in my backyard to sell to you.

I really hate this guy, wtf did ridley scott let him anywhere near this franchise. All he does is create vague sh** include religion references yet lack any talent to make a coherent plot or to tie any of it together towards the end. Lost is a classic example of that, by season 5 it was laughably stupid.

And then you have all those dorks trying to get some deeper meaning from this mess of a movie. :slap

Imagine if joss whedon wrote the script, what it could've been...

another reboot of the classic....destroyed.

keep telling yourself that....the script for prometheus was written by damon lindelof - the same moron who wrote lost including its ending. If you believe it will end well as oppose to more forced obscurity & confusion, i have a bridge in my backyard to sell to you.

I really hate this guy, wtf did ridley scott let him anywhere near this franchise. All he does is create vague sh** include religion references yet lack any talent to make a coherent plot or to tie any of it together towards the end. Lost is a classic example of that, by season 5 it was laughably stupid.

And then you have all those dorks trying to get some deeper meaning from this mess of a movie. :slap

What was so confusing about LOST's ending? I loved it and was glad that I wasn't spoonfed yet another sappy uninspired TV ending. I was satisfied with that entire series. Jess Whedon has also written some crap. Dollhouse and our very own Alien 4 come to mind. Don't let the recency affect of The Avengers cloud your judgement.

I've never watched Lost and I'm not particularly a Whedon Fan - but I like the film Prometheus and I understand it for the most part...if that makes me a "dork" then you've got a very limited view ... and yes Scott did mention that this was going to be more than one installment ... if a movie is just dialogue and action, you aren't familiar with subtext.

This "deeper meaning" thing you're talking about wasn't just pulled out of thin air -- it references things like M and Super String Theory (in the TEd talk) and Zechariah Sitchin whose lifelong research has everything to do with the ancients directing us toward the "extraterrestrial origin of man" -- and no he's not a Sci-Fi author - even though his books are categorized as such -- he's one of the world's the foremost expert on ancient languages including but not limited to Sumerian, Egyptian, Hebrew and even Aztec / Olmec and his understanding has led him to some very interesting and common information from all these ancient civilisations...including, but not limited to, an area in space that focuses squarely on Orion's belt...ok that sounds "geeky" but -- hence my understanding I guess...

that said -- this is the angle from which they are telling this particular story.

:lecture

Screenwriting 101 teaches you how to create questions and answer and lead an audience -- now how it'll all wrap up is a different story -- we'll see how that wraps up and we can only hope it does it cleanly...remember Scott has input into it being that it's his film...

As the first chapter I'm satisfied --- I know people who HATED Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring because it didn't answer all the questions...welcome to chapter one, which ends at the threshold to act 2...

Just remember this is a story that was INTENDED to be told over several movies. Of course I realize there are folks who'd hate it no matter what becuase of preconceptions or expectations... I know people who are "film" snobs who actually liked this film very much...and saw all the little things - the little subtleties that make it a good film...particularly in the relationships and parallels -- and they know well enough to never read INTO a film, but read the film itself...

Last edited:
Anything has yet to be made that makes everyone happy. Prometheus was exactly what I thought it would be- nothing more, nothing less. I perfectly understood it, and I'm far from some analytic sci-fi geek. The script even threw lines out blatantly to make sure you were keeping up with the story.

I'm interested to see Hot Toy's and SSC's take on some of the characters/creatures, but nothing in the movie was visually pleasing enough to me that I'd make room on a shelf for a likeness.

I agree with every word.

What was so confusing about LOST's ending? I loved it and was glad that I wasn't spoonfed yet another sappy uninspired TV ending. I was satisfied with that entire series. Jess Whedon has also written some crap. Dollhouse and our very own Alien 4 come to mind. Don't let the recency affect of The Avengers cloud your judgement.

LOST's ending was the most disrespectful of its fans ending I've ever seen. It didn't answer any of the important questions. Basically, it said all that didn't matter, just the people, the characters. I wasn't watching that show for the characters. For me it was a complete failure.

Dollhouse was brilliant. Aliens 4... well, it was in Joss's youth...

LOST's ending was the most disrespectful of its fans ending I've ever seen. It didn't answer any of the important questions. Basically, it said all that didn't matter, just the people, the characters. I wasn't watching that show for the characters. For me it was a complete failure.

Dollhouse was brilliant. Aliens 4... well, it was in Joss's youth...

ditto, exactly.

Dollhouse was sappy at times as that's what the tv series is.. but the ending was satisfying and totally unexpected. Same goes for whedon's cabin in the woods, it was confusing at many points but was cleanly tied together with a very satisfying ending. It was a huge surprise for me, much more than the avengers, left with a big smile.

It's no surprise, the people who were not offended by lost and its treatment of the viewers are the same people who liked prometheus.

I am all for a complex sci fi thriller that explores the meaning of life with a nice mixture of theology & morality. This is not it.

Anything has yet to be made that makes everyone happy. Prometheus was exactly what I thought it would be- nothing more, nothing less. I perfectly understood it, and I'm far from some analytic sci-fi geek. The script even threw lines out blatantly to make sure you were keeping up with the story.

I'm interested to see Hot Toy's and SSC's take on some of the characters/creatures, but nothing in the movie was visually pleasing enough to me that I'd make room on a shelf for a likeness.

I could care less about the human characters (however cool the main ones were), but a Space Jockey and/or Engineer would be nice. Even in 1/6 scale, they'd be fairly big. I'm guessing around fourteen to fifteen inches.

Back