Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it last night. I liked it a lot. I loved the cast, the fear and discomfort.
I feel like the movie suffers from needing to connect the 'depth' of Prometheus and the 'simplicity' of Alien and therefor sits between two chairs. It takes some cleaning up to change the direction that Prometheus was taking. I am looking very much forward to the sequel to this one though...

I have never ever EVER found the movie ALIEN scary. Great movie, sure. But ive never found it scary just like predator was never scary.

Not sure if any modern audiences would be scared by alien. The only part that is scary is the xeno birth scene and it was scary because if how gory it was.

So if this movie is very gory, that could translate to VERY scary to a lot of people

One had to experience Alien fresh in 79 the marketing was genius, mysterious and spooky.

Space movies were either 2001 or SW so Alien was another unique space movie in the same decade as those 2.

The movie delivered the goods that the marketing promoted.

Than Aliens came and blew those doors wide open, Cameron's Star Wars.

I am glad you guys are enjoying this film but on reflection I am not feeling any better about it. David and Walter scenes are creepy and fantastic but not enough to save the movie for me. I will post a more in depth review later.

In the meantime (and only if your interested in a spoilery review), if you follow the link below it will take you to a review of the movie that my friend wrote:

https://youheardgoodthings.com/alien-covenant/

Enjoy

p.s. My expectations where high going in so that's probably why I was more disappointed

That's why Predator works alone.
*A joke from Marvel Studios' film "Alien vs Predator: Civil War"...*

tumblr_nwo7fubFgy1rfd7lko1_400.gif

Even though the film had its issues, if I would compare this to other films/newer instalments of franchises like Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World (bad films IMO), Covenant is still a solid effort and could have been so much worse.

Back