Problem with shipping of Hulk/spidey dio from EU warehouse???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for shopping at SideshowCollectibles.com!
Your Order has been invoiced and is being prepared to ship out from our EU Warehouse! We ask that you please allow up to 14 business days from this invoice date for the receipt of your item. We have included your invoice below as well as some other helpful information about your order!

PLEASE NOTE: You will receive your tracking information via email once your order has shipped (see below for details).

********* PRINT THIS - IT IS YOUR INVOICE *********
THIS IS NOT A BILL

Your order number T666 from Sideshow Collectibles has been processed.

Invoice Number: 6666
Invoice Date: 8/21/2006
Customer Number: 15-666
P.O. Number:

Ship To: mE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:
90021 PC 1 1 0 $299.99 $299.99
Hulk vs Spiderman Exclusive Li
------------
Sub Total: $299.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $39.04
VAT/Sales Tax: $59.33
------------
Invoice Total: $398.36

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The EU get's almost everything way after the US (and has to pay more too: VAT-shipping). I know, it's hard. I'm still hoping that SSC will do something about the VAT situation and/or the shipping aspect. A combined shipping option for the smaller pieces in the EU warehouse would be a very very very good start!

Perhaps they send it only to me to make me waiting and not crying more :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lol :lol
Think we will have this diorama soon now :monkey5 :monkey5

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'm still hoping that SSC will do something about the VAT situation and/or the shipping aspect. A combined shipping option for the smaller pieces in the EU warehouse would be a very very very good start!

Sideshow is considered a register vendor in the EU and therefore we must collect VAT like every other merchant in the EU. I do not understand why all EU customers are surprised with having to pay VAT, when they pay this tax on almost everything they buy?

Best,
Chicky

Chicky said:
I do not understand why all EU customers are surprised with having to pay VAT, when they pay this tax on almost everything they buy?

The problem is that when Europeans purchase goods from shops/retailers the tax is included in the price prior to purchase.

So if a retailer as say example Forbidden Planet sells a Luke 12" Figure for £27.99. That's all we have to pay, no extra tax on top :D

So I suggest SS quote the prices that Europeans have to pay underneath the price they quote on its site. It would be a lot easier then to understand for some people..:chew

WW :lsvader

I have no problem with VAT, everyone should know & expect to pay it.

For those not in the know VAT is 17.5% of item price in the UK, you don't pay VAT on shipping

pitchin said:

For those not in the know VAT is 17.5% of item price in the UK, you don't pay VAT on shipping
I'm thinkin' the same: you know it's coming, so youcan count on it. But maybe for new customers it's confusing.

I'm just glad that I've also received my shipping notice :chew ...

pitchin said:
... For those not in the know VAT is 17.5% of item price in the UK, you don't pay VAT on shipping

This is different for people living on the European continent, because I do have to pay VAT on shipping. In my case that's an extra $5 for the delivery of one simple 12". It adds up, belive me.
I would be very happy if SSC would come up with a descent formula to combine shipping, so the EU customers can safe money. Belive me, all the money I lose on delivery (and VAT on delivery), I'd much rather spend on SSC items.

pitchin said:

19.6 in the france so you can tell "thanks" to sideshow to not have his warehouse in france :rotfl :lol :lol :lol :monkey3 :D

United kingdom but hope one day they will go in deutchland or spain which are 16% or perhaps in switzerland if one day they come ine the EU because they have 7.6% VAT :D

akamonrg said:
United kingdom but hope one day they will go in deutchland or spain which are 16% or perhaps in switzerland if one day they come ine the EU because they have 7.6% VAT :D

Just for the record, on January 1st, 2007, VAT in Germany will be raised from 16% to 19%!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Just for the record, on January 1st, 2007, VAT in Germany will be raised from 16% to 19%!

so welcome to sideshow spain warehouse :lol :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl .
Personnaly I think we have chance to have an EU warehouse as if customs officer tax my package it's not 19.6% to paid but more of 30% with other tax than vat :monkey2 :monkey2 :emperor

Back