Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed also that none of these Alien statues have a price showing on the website currently. Probably a glitch, but it'd be lovely if they reappeared lower, they are very pricey ;)
I saw that too, panicked for a moment as I thought I'd missed out on the pre-order lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

So I think I am going to get the Koto style ALIEN.. I was thinking of getting the Warrior as I prefer not to be able to see the Eyes behind the Dome.. But that damn ALIENS base is just too large. ALIEN is the better movie to me anyways. Probably makes more sense to get that one anyways.

I never really poured over the pics until I figured out just how big the ALIEN Warrior base was. Looking at them now.. I am very impressed. There are things I like about it more then the Warrior.. Mostly that it is scarier looking. Ive wanted a high end ALIEN for some time. Thought it would be the Warrior but I think this will do just as well and be much easier to display. I do with it had an extra unclear dome though. It would have been a no brainer for the start if it did.

So I think I am going to get the Koto style ALIEN.

I do with it had an extra unclear dome though. It would have been a no brainer for the start if it did.

Yeah I've never been a fan of the big chap where the skull is too visible. You never really see that in the film and I like the milky, gossamer look of the dome in the scene where it drops down behind Brett and when Ripley flushes it out of the wall in the Narcissus at the end, with the smoke and light reflecting off of it.

The prototype P1 looks like it has struck a good balance to my eyes

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

And ordered...

Guess I should be thankful that the ALIENS base was too big.. Forced me to look at this piece again. Ya know. Its the original design I love most so I am not sure why I had my hear set on the ALIENS one except that I love the egg and face hugger (And its a great piece)

Anyways got the action pose.

Ordered from Secret Compass.. First time order. Hope it goes smooth.

Congrats... I think the action pose is nicer too. Simple but it screams alien,

Is this 1/4 or 1/3?

Both, Chap and Warrior are in scale with the Dog Alien. This means third scale. Even though they are labeled as non-scale, but it was at least confirmed on FB that they are 1/3. Truly hope the Chap will be shipped still this year or at least in springtime. Fingers crossed.

And ordered...

Guess I should be thankful that the ALIENS base was too big.. Forced me to look at this piece again. Ya know. Its the original design I love most so I am not sure why I had my hear set on the ALIENS one except that I love the egg and face hugger (And its a great piece)

Anyways got the action pose.

Ordered from Secret Compass.. First time order. Hope it goes smooth.

Congrats, Big chap all day long over the Warrior in terms of aesthetics.

Congrats!

Did you get the Regular or DX?

Even though I have the CoolProps Giger maquette...I?m going to pull the trigger on the P1 Big Chap too...and display them side by side.

But still debating on either the regular of the DX.

I have the Dog Alien DX, so maybe trying to match statues. But don?t like that?s it?s the torso than rather just the head though on the Big Chap.

My final 1/3 piece is yet to be determined, P1 Warrior or CoolProps Warrior.

Congrats!

Did you get the Regular or DX?

Even though I have the CoolProps Giger maquette...I?m going to pull the trigger on the P1 Big Chap too...and display them side by side.

But still debating on either the regular of the DX.

I have the Dog Alien DX, so maybe trying to match statues. But don?t like that?s it?s the torso than rather just the head though on the Big Chap.

My final 1/3 piece is yet to be determined, P1 Warrior or CoolProps Warrior.

I went DX.. I really like the Reg head best but I love that it comes with a bust so I can display the other head. If it didnt come with that I would have strongly considered just getting the Reg.

I went DX.. I really like the Reg head best but I love that it comes with a bust so I can display the other head. If it didnt come with that I would have strongly considered just getting the Reg.

Yeah, the extra head display is hard to pass up. It’s almost like two statues in one. I’ll probably do the same.

Anybody have any idea what the Wall Support Display is about and what it looks like?

I assume all versions come with that sculpt wall...but I’m still confused on the Support Display option.

I 'think' the wall is the support. It is an optional piece.

That’s what I’m trying to find out for sure. But I don’t see an actual wall bracket installation adapter kit anywhere on their website...as that option is supposed to make it an actual wall display attached to wood studs.

I 'think' the wall is the support. It is an optional piece.

No, the wall sculpture is not the support.

If you order it without the support, you still get the wall sculpture as it comes with both the Regular and DX.

I just got a response from Prime 1.

My question:

Any pictures of the actual Wall Display Support?

I have no idea what it looks like and how it bolts to the wall studs.

Can I order without Wall Display Support? But if I change my mind later...can I order that accessory later?

Thanks!

Prime 1 response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The product you inquiring(Big Chap) is still in production,
and we are still running some durability tests and enhance its quality.
We are sorry but we don't have the pictures for the Wall Display Support.

Considering its product size and weight, we normally suggest customers order
the one without a display support kit. You can order it without Wall Display Support
and just display it as a regular statue.

We are sorry but once you make the order, we are not able to provide you or sell you
just the accessory because the product itself also requires some modification work
in the first place.

Hope this address to your question and please do not hesitate to contact us If you have any other questions.

Warm regards,

Prime 1 Studio

The support attachment is obviously going to be made of metal or aluminum.

They want $300 extra for that option. No thanks.

I?ve been dealing with a metalworks master through Etsy who has fabricated awesome custom wall brackets for me in the past, he can make me an awesome support for half that price...and I guarantee you much better and stronger. That?s if I go with the wall option display.

But unless you are going to display the Big Chap on the wall, you don?t need the support option. You are going to get the Wall sculpture regardless whether you get the Regular or DX versions.

Back