Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this will be 1:4 after all.

QONVIyz.gif
QONVIyz.gif

QONVIyz.gif
QONVIyz.gif

They’re making wall mounted life size head.

Attachments

• E03B0051-4817-4134-BACC-6EED7E3DB3A0.jpg
    E03B0051-4817-4134-BACC-6EED7E3DB3A0.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 190
Wish they'd have done 1/2-scale busts instead, but these still look pretty cool. Sculpts are definitely solid, the statues should look great.

GDMF I don't want to see eyes in Alien I. I don't want to see eye (sockets) in any aliens!

You should be able to on Gigers original though. And you can in the movie at times if you really look for them. It is difficult however. That human skull is what makes the Big chap so eerily menacing imo. It's a constant reminder of what it is and where it came from.

You should be able to on Gigers original though. And you can in the movie at times if you really look for them. It is difficult however. That human skull is what makes the Big chap so eerily menacing imo. It's a constant reminder of what it is and where it came from.
[emoji121]

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Here's an example...

Although the dome on the BC altered at various times (and there were several different versions) So perfectly clear, cloudy, all black or anywhere in between are technically all accurate to different points of the movie.

yYO2SA3.png

Yes, yes. I know there's a skull. I know it is Kane's son but the majority of the time it is hidden either by glare or slime or condensation. It is more 'alien' without eyes. They even made a big deal out of the eyeless design.

Yes, yes. I know there's a skull. I know it is Kane's son but the majority of the time it is hidden either by glare or slime or condensation. It is more 'alien' without eyes. They even made a big deal out of the eyeless design.

The xenomorph actually do have “eyes”. They are the bulbous protrusions you see in either side of the head. This is further reinforced when you see the xenomorph skull at the end of Predator 2. You can see the “eye sockets” exactly where the protrusions are located. I’d post a pic but can’t...

I’ve always thought of the xenomorph as being able to see by way of an alien sonar through their “eyes”. The skull inside the head of the Big Chap is only a physical trait that the xenomorph took on from coming from a human host as the eye sockets in the human skull served no purpose.

The xenomorph actually do have “eyes”. They are the bulbous protrusions you see in either side of the head. This is further reinforced when you see the xenomorph skull at the end of Predator 2. You can see the “eye sockets” exactly where the protrusions are located. I’d post a pic but can’t...

but those "bulbous protrusions" are behind and below the "sockets".
and "sockets" are still sockets on an alive A2 head.

alien%2Bheads.jpg

content_15.jpg

images

the birth scene of A1 might have made you thing those are eyes.

hPMHNAY.jpg

but they are right above the jaw, and when he grows, they move further backward and are actually located behind a jaws joint.

Alien-mechanised-head.jpg

and if you want to address the alien skull in P2 - which is absolutely sane to my mind, because both "alive" A2 and "skull" A2 were made in Winston studio - those bulbs are located exactly where a bone ridge rases under the discussed socket, so it's jus a bone sticking out with flesh and skin on it.
so bulbs and sockets are in very different places, and sockets are present on alive A2 heads in Aliens, with bulbs clearly visible behind the jaw.

It didn't have eyes. Period. I can't believe I'm saying this but if this thing were real, I'd guess that there isn't air under that dome. It'd be filled with some translucent crap that would hide those bony eye sockets.

but those "bulbous protrusions" are behind and below the "sockets".
and "sockets" are still sockets on an alive A2 head.

alien%2Bheads.jpg

content_15.jpg

images

the birth scene of A1 might have made you thing those are eyes.

hPMHNAY.jpg

but they are right above the jaw, and when he grows, they move further backward and are actually located behind a jaws joint.

Alien-mechanised-head.jpg

and if you want to address the alien skull in P2 - which is absolutely sane to my mind, because both "alive" A2 and "skull" A2 were made in Winston studio - those bulbs are located exactly where a bone ridge rases under the discussed socket, so it's jus a bone sticking out with flesh and skin on it.
so bulbs and sockets are in very different places, and sockets are present on alive A2 heads in Aliens, with bulbs clearly visible behind the jaw.

Excellent pics of the skull. I see what you’re saying about the skull sockets lining up with the indentation that’s actually along side the head. The bulbs are indeed below them. With that, I’m still convinced that the bulbs are the eyes and are used by way of a sonar of some type. I don’t believe they are just a bone ridge as they push too far out too the sides and appear as though they may be filled with fluid/ flesh. This Alien Kane birth scene reinforces my suspicions as the bulbs are present at birth then reposition themselves as the Xenomorph matures.

Yeah, totally acting like they’re a real creature. But hell... I’m obsessed.

To say, “they don’t have eyes, period” (not your quote) is a no go. They have to have some form of navigation and in that, giving them a way to see.

Well, they don't need eyes to "see". Plenty of creatures on earth that are basically blind and guide themselves via eco-location or similar means.

Back