Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, why don't you like the Armored Batman PF? Is it just subjective or from a technical standpoint? I think it looks awesome, but I am rather new to collecting. Only have an ROTJ Boba Fett PF. Honestly, I didn't think the BvS movie was great, but I loved the armor and was thinking about picking it up.

Also, a TDKR PF would be amazing as I think a 1/4 scale would be more manageable for me. Space-wise and finacially lol.

I find myself seriously debating ordering this statue (it would be my first Prime 1 piece and my first collectible/statue/figure more expensive than a SS PF), but am hoping some of you guys who have more experience with Prime 1 statues can shed some light on it for me.

Basically, I can't believe I am considering a statue that will cost me over four figures (after shipping), so are these 1/3 Prime 1 statues really worth that? Obviously the pictures from the recent Cons make the statue look fantastic, but those are prototypes. Do Prime 1 production pieces typically vary much from their prototypes/show pieces? Are there common or recurring QA problems with them? Do they get delayed often? Are these some of the nicest/highest quality statues around, or are they considered overpriced or overhyped? etc. etc.

I absolutely love the look of the piece and have loved TDKR for years, but the 1/3 size (and its accompanying price) is a turn-off. Add me to the list of people who wish this was a ~$500 1/4 scale statue.

Itll be my 1st P1 piece, Ive heard nothing but good things about P1... except SS doesnt carry replacement parts. By all means this doesnt mean you need to PO right away.

I find myself seriously debating ordering this statue (it would be my first Prime 1 piece and my first collectible/statue/figure more expensive than a SS PF), but am hoping some of you guys who have more experience with Prime 1 statues can shed some light on it for me.

Basically, I can't believe I am considering a statue that will cost me over four figures (after shipping), so are these 1/3 Prime 1 statues really worth that? Obviously the pictures from the recent Cons make the statue look fantastic, but those are prototypes. Do Prime 1 production pieces typically vary much from their prototypes/show pieces? Are there common or recurring QA problems with them? Do they get delayed often? Are these some of the nicest/highest quality statues around, or are they considered overpriced or overhyped? etc. etc.

I absolutely love the look of the piece and have loved TDKR for years, but the 1/3 size (and its accompanying price) is a turn-off. Add me to the list of people who wish this was a ~$500 1/4 scale statue.

From what I've seen from other collectors, P1 seems to deliver a terrific product. The AK Bats looks amazing, and those are the final pieces, not prototypes.

From what we have seen until now, production pieces are incredibly close to the prototypes.
QC seems really high and P1 also take care of people who have issues with their statues. They reply fast and offer an alternative when Sideshow isn't (happened in some cases).
Yes there are delays, pretty much for all their recent products, expect a couple months at the very least if this one follows the same pattern.

I think as far as what you are getting for your money, it doesn't get much better. Yes they are very expensive but they are 1/3 and they also tower far above most companies out there when it comes to sculpt/details/paint apps in comparison to the price. All videos/pics I have seen of these pieces didn't disappoint (unless I didn't really like the piece to begin with ofc). They aren't trying to fool anyone with awesome-looking prototypes. What you see is what you get, so if you like the proto and think it's worth the money, your opinion probably won't change once you have the statue in your hands.

Like you said, 1/4 at $500 is a much better alternative for a lot of collectors so maybe don't rush into it and wait to see if Sideshow is planning a similar release.

I had never ordered such an expensive statue before I ordered Batman Noel, and it's not something I intend to do on a regular basis. It definitely takes some thinking. But, if I have to spend $900 on a statue, I feel confident doing it on a Prime 1 piece.

I've heard a lot of praise about the Arkham Knight Batman by a few friends who picked that up.
I received the Arkham Knight/Red Hood for a friend and managed to see it in person, it's as close to the prototype as I can tell. Super clean and crisp details, tons of pieces, solid weight, great packaging.
As above, yes they are expensive, but you won't find a 1:3 statue for cheaper except the Pop Culture Shock ones (but they're from IPs like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, no comic stuff). Don't try to catch them all or you'll run out of space and money very quickly, I think this scale works best for a select few of your favourite characters.

If I had two scales to choose from, it would be the 1/4. Mainly for space. The savings would just goto another 1/4 scale lol! I have faith if SS does, sorry, when SS does a FM piece it'll be top notch. Unfortunately some companies like to keep hush hush about projects causing collectors like myself to purchase the one and only one available.

anyone have an approx measurement on the width of that base? trying to figure out if the size will fit the spot it would be going

Okay boys and girls - get ready!! Looks like this is up for PO on the Prime 1 website. Should be hitting SS either later today or early tomorrow!! :rock

SS customer service confirmed will go PO late afternoon today. Good luck and congrats to those getting this.

Out to dinner and we are sitting outside. 3 bats flew buy..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm PO must be getting close LOL!!

Wait a minute, you mean you actually contacted customer service and asked the question rather than speculating? That's not allowed around here, mister. :lecture

I asked them yesterday and they didn't know when. I never get decent customer service anywhere :/

Back