Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus Christ...you're annoying. I'm not debating flex pay with you. It's a choice. I choose one way and you choose another.

It's still the same.

No one is debating whether or not the final amounts are the same. EVERYONE knows they are the same amount whether you flexpay or pay all at once. What Master_Blaster is saying is by doing flexplay, it allows him to stay in this hobby.

Same concept as purchasing a house or car. I can guarantee you that a majority of the people out there could not pay $300K for a house or $30K for a car all in one lump payment. That's why mortgages and financing exist. Flexplay is the same concept except without interest.

Whether or not someone should be doing flexplay depending on their financial situation is a different discussion entirely.

Same concept as purchasing a house or car. I can guarantee you that a majority of the people out there could not pay $300K for a house or $30K for a car all in one lump payment. That's why mortgages and financing exist. Flexplay is the same concept except without interest.

Actually it's not. With flexpay you get the product after you are done paying. Not the case when you buy a house or a car, or simply borrow money to buy something.

Flexpay is the exact same thing as saving the monthly sum on an account then paying in full at the end when the product is released. But people don't want to do that because if they have the money on their account, they feel like they could spend it on something else. At least here they know it goes towards paying off the statue every month. And of course you get to place an early pre-order, avoiding any risk of not getting the statue if it's sold out by the time it starts shipping.

The hypocrisy of grown men talking about financial responsibility in a thread for a statue that is going to cost 1K or more is slightly entertaining. If paying in full works for you - great. If flexpay works for someone else - great.

Now, about this Batman guy, I can't freakin' wait!! :impatient: :yess:

Well technically... Flex may cost more; cc interest rate. Depending on how you pay your card off or down will dictate actual total cost. Just sayin to stir the pot lol.

Not to mention, if you do full pay and have your money in a high interest savings account you will be earning money back instead of giving your money to Sideshow early for them to keep and draw interest off of it.

Well technically... Flex may cost more; cc interest rate. Depending on how you pay your card off or down will dictate actual total cost. Just sayin to stir the pot lol.

Not to mention, if you do full pay and have your money in a high interest savings account you will be earning money back instead of giving your money to Sideshow early for them to keep and draw interest off of it.

Amazes me how many don't understand these simple money concepts. Would rep you both if I could.

How do returns and exchanges work on P1 stuff when you buy from SSC? Does BBTS carry exclusives? Do they carry P1 stuff at all?

I'd much rather not deal with SSC unless I absolutely have to, and if that Rifle ends up being an exclusive that they only carry, then sadly that's what I'd have to do.

You actually said "high interest savings account" Dude, that is hysterical. :clap The current Fed Funds rate is at half a percent which means your average "high interest" account is rolling at about 1%. 1% on $900 for 8 months will get you a value meal at McDonalds. Woot!

So about this Batman statue.

Are you telling me that the avg interest rate of 18%APR on $100 a month accrual for 10 months (because this is not your typical 4-500 PF at $50+ a month @ 10 months) making the minimum payment of say $25 a month (not mention previous existing balance) still equals $1000? Especially if you extend beyond 10 months which you obviously will at a payment less than 100.

LOL Thats what I thought to in the beginning until I started seeing the Flexers get the PF first. I know its a crap shoot so I alternate.

^ Exactly.

SSC loves flexers and the free money they get from them each month. Specially those that cancel all the time.

^ Exactly.

SSC loves flexers and the free money they get from them each month. Specially those that cancel all the time.

I haven't canceled. If im not sure about a piece Ill leave it for Full pay so I can cancel. But Id rather just pay then flip if Im not keen on the piece in hand.

Back