Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today :yess:

DSC_0035.jpg

Her hair is kinda complicated to get it right, I'll take better pictures this weekend with more light. Though this thing is impressive in person, huge compared to the 1/3 scale, plus the level of details are superb. Best piece in my collection no doubt, and amazed the high quality Prime1 gets on a production piece:

ww.jpg

Congrats! It is amazing in person- all that exposed skin is hard to photograph- very life-like in hand

Unfortunately from all the 'early' YouTube videos and photos being posted, it seems most collectors are having a bit of trouble with the hair.

I believe most are saying they're going to have their significant others deal with it.

If it wasn't for that, and I didn't have a dust problem I would've ordered this without a second thought.

Thanks.

They didn't even have a 20% boxing day sale last boxing day. Wonder when their next 20% sale will be.

It's a pity that Zing don't carry Prime 1 pieces. As they've had plenty of 30% sales on their inventory which includes Sideshow pieces.

Heck once I got 51% off a Sideshow piece. Two lots of 30% off by which I can only assume was a website error. Still thinking about the time where I decided not to get the 1/2 scale Mark 43.

It's a pity that Zing don't carry Prime 1 pieces. As they've had plenty of 30% sales on their inventory which includes Sideshow pieces.

Heck once I got 51% off a Sideshow piece. Two lots of 30% off by which I can only assume was a website error. Still thinking about the time where I decided not to get the 1/2 scale Mark 43.

How do you navigate their website to find the piece you want? It's pretty horrible.

How do you navigate their website to find the piece you want? It's pretty horrible.

Given that I just purchase high end items from Zing (of which their most expensive items are usually 1/4 Sideshow pieces), I just show all items and sort by price.

The hair looks like a big problem with this statue, even when futzed, the strands just look too thick, they need to be thinned out more, which is obviously difficult to do. It's a shame Prime could not find some sort of way of keeping the hair stylized and protected when packaged.

This is the only pic I have seen of WW where the hair looks perfect.

ww2vd.jpg

Credit: M United's post of a pic he found on Facebook.

Last edited:
The hair looks like a big problem with this statue, even when futzed, the strands just look too thick, they need to be thinned out more, which is obviously difficult to do. It's a shame Prime could not find some sort of way of keeping the hair stylized and protected when packaged.

This is the only pic I have seen of WW where the hair looks perfect.

View attachment 402892

Credit: M United.

Which was my main criticism of the prototype. If not for the rooted hair, I would've preorder the piece immediately.

I much would've preferred they somehow had done sculpted hair. And I know sculpted hair at this scale would never had matched the synthetic, but it would not have needed constant styling and would be easy to clean without fear of having to continually fix the hair.

I have a feeling there will be custom heads made for this piece with better hair and i am hoping a smirking expression.

Which was my main criticism of the prototype. If not for the rooted hair, I would've preorder the piece immediately.

Yeah even the hair on that didn't look great, but I wouldn't say it looked bad, but obviously could have looked better.

I much would've preferred they somehow had done sculpted hair.

I think a lot of people would have, I see that posted a lot, I think I would have preferred it to, but in order to do maintain a good realistic look they would of probably had to have made the hair go back around the shoulders though, like the 1/3 JL one.

And I know sculpted hair at this scale would never had matched the synthetic, but it would not have needed constant styling and would be easy to clean without fear of having to continually fix the hair.

That's true, I guess you sacrifice realism for something that isn't so high maintenance.

Last edited:

Credit: M United's post of a pic he found on Facebook.

The problem is not the packaging, the hair isn't frizzy out of the box. Her hair gets frizzy when futzed, so I guess using the fingers to futz the hair is not the best way to do it.

I think the head is attached so there won't be a custom head on this one. I may be wrong though.

The hair and the rest of the upper body are just one piece. So you're right

Really on a statue this big of scale sculpted hair would not be the best choice- this thing is BIG so much closer to real life than you think- the synthetic hair was the only way to go- I think P1 could have curled and stylized it in the factory and sprayed it down to stay firm but it might have suffered bed/box hair issues after shipping.

Back