Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Origins - Deathstroke Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never bought a figure or statue before, but this looks really incredible. Only way I can afford it is the payment plan. Should I take the plunge and make this my 1st purchase in this hobby?

^^this would be a heck of a good piece to start with. I think it made or in the running for statue of the year 2016 1/3, via statueforum.

I got a replacement head today, it looks thinner then my original. Darker lines too. Not sure which to keep. Opinions?
20170109_184142.jpg
20170109_184136.jpg

^^^ what was wrong with the first head?

aside from that, they booth look fine to me, but the thinner head may look too small on the statue.

^^^ what was wrong with the first head?

aside from that, they booth look fine to me, but the thinner head may look too small on the statue.

20170109_233210.jpg
The original has a spot on the eyepatch that's been driving me nuts, unfortunately the overall paint job is a little bit better than the replacement they sent me
1484024635724-1960467314.jpg

View attachment 315557
The original has a spot on the eyepatch that's been driving me nuts, unfortunately the overall paint job is a little bit better than the replacement they sent me
View attachment 315558

if you're talking about that spot on the patch near his nose, take a black sharpie, dab it on the spot and rub it in with your finger. do it a couple of times and it'll blend in. I've touched up dozens of spots like that on many statues.

BTW I agree the original head looks better.

I never bought a figure or statue before, but this looks really incredible. Only way I can afford it is the payment plan. Should I take the plunge and make this my 1st purchase in this hobby?

I'm very disappointed in this statue. The paint is really flat with hardly any shading. How this piece won statue of the year, I have now idea. I was really looking forward to this statue, but something about it just looks cheap and generic to me. The thing actually looks like it was printed out of a machine. If this is how Prime 1 is going to produce their statues, then I'll have some extra cash in my pockets. I have the Witcher and Two-Face on order and now I just want to cancel them. It's such a shame because they look so good in the photos.

I'm very disappointed in this statue. The paint is really flat with hardly any shading. How this piece won statue of the year, I have now idea. I was really looking forward to this statue, but something about it just looks cheap and generic to me. The thing actually looks like it was printed out of a machine. If this is how Prime 1 is going to produce their statues, then I'll have some extra cash in my pockets. I have the Witcher and Two-Face on order and now I just want to cancel them. It's such a shame because they look so good in the photos.

I'm surprised, I think you're one of the first to say that they're disappointed with this statue. I think it looks great and the overall consensus seems to be positive on this one.

Odd since I think mine looks just like what I've seen for the prototype pics. Easily one of the best statues I've ever seen.

Odd since I think mine looks just like what I've seen for the prototype pics. Easily one of the best statues I've ever seen.

There isn't any shading on this piece. It looks like a machine did most of the paint-apps. My DD1 statue has far superior paint-apps and it hasn't even been mentioned for statue of the year. I think the pics are playing tricks on people.

^^this would be a heck of a good piece to start with. I think it made or in the running for statue of the year 2016 1/3, via statueforum.

It won the "X-Large" category, which is anything bigger than 1/4. (Not sure if it includes 1/2 and life size?). I believe its now up for Craftsmanship of the year, but will likely loose to XM Ghost Rider. Still...in pictures....it looks more detailed than GR to me.

I chose not to ship mine early back when everyone got those emails about them arriving ahead of schedule. Did anyone else? Cause now it feels like it's never coming lol.

There isn't any shading on this piece. It looks like a machine did most of the paint-apps. My DD1 statue has far superior paint-apps and it hasn't even been mentioned for statue of the year. I think the pics are playing tricks on people.

Sorry, I own the piece and couldn't possibly disagree more. This piece looks magnificent IMO. The level of detail in the paint apps are jaw dropping. The paint apps on the tactical gear and the battle damage on his armor look nothing short of amazing to me. Not to mention the unmasked head looks incredibly life like. Love this piece and if Prime 1 keeps pumping out pieces as great as this, I'll certainly be buying. Can't wait to see more of their 1/4 Marvel line.

IMO, you'd be hard pressed to find a better statue to start your collection with. However, fair warning, this is a very large statue. If you want to start collecting 1/3 statues, it'll cost a lot of money and take up a lot of real estate. If your not a big Deathstroke fan, I'd honestly think twice about picking this up. If you are a big Deathstroke fan, don't hesitate. This piece is incredible.

Sorry, I own the piece and couldn't possibly disagree more. This piece looks magnificent IMO. The level of detail in the paint apps are jaw dropping. The paint apps on the tactical gear and the battle damage on his armor look nothing short of amazing to me. Not to mention the unmasked head looks incredibly life like. Love this piece and if Prime 1 keeps pumping out pieces as great as this, I'll certainly be buying. Can't wait to see more of their 1/4 Marvel line.

Well, I've been looking at it for about two weeks (hoping it would grow on me) and I just can't get over the cheap paints they used. How can you have a $1000 piece and not even put any shading in it. With the exception of the gun and the holster the paint job is very bland.

Well, I've been looking at it for about two weeks (hoping it would grow on me) and I just can't get over the cheap paints they used. How can you have a $1000 piece and not even put any shading in it. With the exception of the gun and the holster the paint job is very bland.

With this piece on order, I'm really interested in seeing what you mean. Sorry to be a bother, but could you take a picture or use other pictures already posted to point out the areas where you think the paint is cheap or where it simply has a bad paint application? I think it would help a lot of people on the fence with this one. Especially since its close to $1k.

Also do you have any other Prime 1 pieces to compare the paint quality against? (I have the AK Batman and think the paint applications are excellent.)

I think the pieces are so large they will have their own shading or shadow lol. Mine gets here Friday so I'll post pics. I just have the P1 Batman bust now(more to come in the next month)and the paint apps are flawless. Not much "shadowing" but very much detail included.

With this piece on order, I'm really interested in seeing what you mean. Sorry to be a bother, but could you take a picture or use other pictures already posted to point out the areas where you think the paint is cheap or where it simply has a bad paint application? I think it would help a lot of people on the fence with this one. Especially since its close to $1k.

Also do you have any other Prime 1 pieces to compare the paint quality against? (I have the AK Batman and think the paint applications are excellent.)

I have this piece on order as well . I have the AK Batman ( first one) ... luv it . There are several videos on utube that review P1's Deathstroke (if you don't know already know) check out Radd Titan's review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this piece on order as well . I have the AK Batman ( first one) ... luv it . There are several videos on utube that review P1's Deathstroke (if you don't know already know) check out Radd Titan's review

Oh I haven't seen Radd's review yet, I'll have to check it out. But I have seen alot of other unboxing vids and many pictures. I know there were plenty of defects (broken statues and pieces that dont fit/sit right), but I have yet to see pictures with bad paint applications or a lack of paint detail. That''s why I was curious of M.C.D.Spargo's findings on his piece. Just trying to figure it out if he got a bad piece, or if he's really noticed something that all the pictures are not picking up. (I haven't seen this piece in person yet.)

Oh I haven't seen Radd's review yet, I'll have to check it out. But I have seen alot of other unboxing vids and many pictures. I know there were plenty of defects (broken statues and pieces that dont fit/sit right), but I have yet to see pictures with bad paint applications or a lack of paint detail. That''s why I was curious of M.C.D.Spargo's findings on his piece. Just trying to figure it out if he got a bad piece, or if he's really noticed something that all the pictures are not picking up. (I haven't seen this piece in person yet.)

Yeah ... I have several Prime 1 pieces all the turtles and two versions of Optimus ... and The Batman! ... all of them on point... don't understand where He's coming from ... however there are some bad pieces sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back