Statue Prime 1 studio 32" Megatron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the price around 1800$ is pretty cheap from my point of view
they are only make 150 of it.. that pretty low number compare to Sideshow huge number but again i hope they can make more Megatron for international customers. thats pretty the best Megatron
on market right now.

I got many answered questions from them:
the edition number will be 150 for Japan only.
the weight is around 30Kg.
they will have replacement parts for any breakage.

:( only for Japan? That would mean they wont be offering them at Bigbadtoystore?

30kg is I think within air-shipping weight so that's ok. And that's great that they have replacement parts. Anyone of the 150 who gets them will be very lucky and happy collectors. :)

At the price around 1800$ is pretty cheap from my point of view
they are only make 150 of it.. that pretty low number compare to Sideshow huge number but again i hope they can make more Megatron for international customers. thats pretty the best Megatron
on market right now.

It's definitely a large price tag, $1800 is a LOT of money for someone like me. I sincerely hope they will increase the edition number so that it would be 500. That would give some of us a better chance to own one even down the line.

Definitely the best and if I'm not mistaken the only Megatron statue out there.

Japan Only? what a bummer, I was looking forward to this

:( Apparently so. Someone on this thread said BBTS might have them later on.

I'm more curious about why they only accept bank-drafts if you buy through them? I hope these guys are legit. Just in case, I'd recommend buying this from BBTS. Good luck with your order friend :)

:( Apparently so. Someone on this thread said BBTS might have them later on.

I'm more curious about why they only accept bank-drafts if you buy through them? I hope these guys are legit. Just in case, I'd recommend buying this from BBTS. Good luck with your order friend :)

About the bank transfer i would like to clarifies certain thing
is not only them in Japan are doing this.. many popular Japanese online shop need you to pay by bank transfer also i bought my wolf predator legendary scale and i Preordered and payed it by bank transfer.

https://www.mamegyorai.co.jp/net/main/item_detail/item_detail.aspx?item=342616

https://www.blister.jp/item29022.html

About the bank transfer i would like to clarifies certain thing
is not only them in Japan are doing this.. many popular Japanese online shop need you to pay by bank transfer also i bought my wolf predator legendary scale and i Preordered and payed it by bank transfer.

https://www.mamegyorai.co.jp/net/main/item_detail/item_detail.aspx?item=342616

https://www.blister.jp/item29022.html

Hi, thanks again for explaining it to me. I'm very glad that you had no bad experiences in this form of transaction. However, It is a HUGE leap of faith for someone like me to invest nearly $2000 on a figure that is from a relatively new company. If you make a bank transfer, you cannot reverse it. But with PayPal you can still recover it, or there is some protection. If I were to buy one of these figures, I would only pay by PayPal.

Besides Big Bad Toy Store is a reputed seller with a BBB Rating A+ so you know you're getting what you paid for. I'm not saying these guys maybe pulling a scam, but it is a little strange. If I'm not mistaken another vendor in the past had an issue like this where people were scammed. (I don't know much about it. Something to with a Syco Darren/falafel Scamco? Maybe someone who knows the deal could enlighten me on that one lol) They have no restrictions on using PayPal (I can say this for sure, since I buy a lot of stuff from Japan and pay only by paypal.)

Anyways, that's what I would do... I could be wrong...

Last edited:
I understand your feeling:wink1:
I think this system work only in Japan only i guess.
Thats why there are selling it in Japan only ( better protection)
I rarely heard from friends using paypal. maybe not common in Japan.
I use yahoo auction (most popular in Japan) usually we use bank transfer or credit card.
I know ebay is common using paypal i never use it.
I think if they are selling internationaly i guess they will use different system
(paypal ot credit card)

Hi, thanks again for explaining it to me. I'm very glad that you had no bad experiences in this form of transaction. However, It is a HUGE leap of faith for someone like me to invest nearly $2000 on a figure that is from a relatively new company. If you make a bank transfer, you cannot reverse it. But with PayPal you can still recover it, or there is some protection. If I were to buy one of these figures, I would only pay by PayPal.

Besides Big Bad Toy Store is a reputed seller with a BBB Rating A+ so you know you're getting what you paid for. I'm not saying these guys maybe pulling a scam, but it is a little strange. If I'm not mistaken another vendor in the past had an issue like this where people were scammed. (I don't know much about it. Something to with a Syco Darren/falafel Scamco? Maybe someone who knows the deal could enlighten me on that one lol) They have no restrictions on using PayPal (I can say this for sure, since I buy a lot of stuff from Japan and pay only by paypal.)

Anyways, that's what I would do... I could be wrong...

Bad news guys, I spoke to Jen at BBTS and she wrote that there is a possibility of them not carrying the Prime1Studio statues. Majorly bummed at this. Looks like I wont be getting Prime after all :gah:

Why can't these guys offer PayPal?!!

I understand your feeling:wink1:
I think this system work only in Japan only i guess.
Thats why there are selling it in Japan only ( better protection)
I rarely heard from friends using paypal. maybe not common in Japan.
I use yahoo auction (most popular in Japan) usually we use bank transfer or credit card.
I know ebay is common using paypal i never use it.
I think if they are selling internationaly i guess they will use different system
(paypal ot credit card)

:( tell me about it. I love the Megatron statue, but I like Optimus more. Oh I buy all the time from Japanese vendors on ebay. Not big ticket items, granted, but it still is possible right?

Bad news guys, I spoke to Jen at BBTS and she wrote that there is a possibility of them not carrying the Prime1Studio statues. Majorly bummed at this. Looks like I wont be getting Prime after all :gah:

Why can't these guys offer PayPal?!!

Sorry to hear that.:mad:
I hope they would sell it worldwide in the future.

Very nice statue but at 80cm tall a whopping 13cm of that is just the base. At 1800 USD that's a big chunk of base you're paying for.

Very nice statue but at 80cm tall a whopping 13cm of that is just the base. At 1800 USD that's a big chunk of base you're paying for.

That's true, but more than the size, it's the level of detail that's amazing about these figures. Can't wait to see their Optimus Prime and hopefully i'll be able to finally get one. :)

Haven't posted in this forum for a while, but I follow the conversations, and have appreciated the information and insights offered by the members. I wanted to break my silence and chime in on this thread, because I want this statue, and am looking for any information about how US collectors might get an opportunity to own one. I noticed that one is currently available for pre-order on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-order-...6736?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c3366c260

As it is outside of the ebay protection time line, and a thousand dollars above retail price, I will be waiting for, what I hope are better opportunities down the road.

Sideshow has this piece at their booth for SDCC. Here's a pic.

(credits to averone) :rock

947261_418780254903408_172169536_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back