Prime 1: Dark Nights: Metal - The Batman Who Laughs 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1: Dark Knights: Metal - The Batman Who Laughs 1:3

Have just bought dark knights metal and metal dark knights rising to get on board with this run

I just got the Dark Knights Metal Delux HC...I have some single issue variant covers somewhere that I loved the artwork on...might have bought them slabbed though now that I think about it. Got on the wait list for the EX as well.

I just got the Dark Knights Metal Delux HC...I have some single issue variant covers somewhere that I loved the artwork on...might have bought them slabbed though now that I think about it. Got on the wait list for the EX as well.

I'm kinda scared to start reading as I know I'll want this amazing statue!

holy crutched christ. that is hard core....prime 1 is stomping mud holes in the competition and walking them dry.

Viewing Amazon, it appears the collective Graphic Novel order is as such:

Dark Days: The Road to Metal (HC)
Dark Nights: Metal (HC Deluxe Edition)
Dark Nights: Metal: Dark Knights Rising (HC)
Dark Nights: Metal: Resistance (TPB softcover) WTH??!! Why didn't they finish it off to match the others? Does it mean it's not necessary to the story?

I haven't read this story yet, but reviews overall seem quite positive. If anyone wants to elaborate more (in a spoiler-free way) about the series, I'm all ears.

Both of those characters will inevitably have more options in the market.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say this is going to be the best statue of this character ever made, and there won't be a whole lot of options.

Absolutely. No other company will even attempt to make this at this size (and if they do, I can't see it being this awesome). I think there is a 1/6 version that is coming out from DC Collectibles but it is nothing compared to this beast.

Here's the read order
ef4b143fe165e0625242c222b9c95880.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Here's the read order
ef4b143fe165e0625242c222b9c95880.jpg

Thanks for that, if I only have the metal deluxe and dark knights rising collection, which one should read first?

Thanks for that, if I only have the metal deluxe and dark knights rising collection, which one should read first?
Tbh, I'm not exactly sure what the DNR edition exactly is since I read the individual issues. I wish they'd release editions in read orders rather than just in block runs, but it's probably just to keep from having to release too many TPBS.

I'm suspecting DNR are the individual tie ins for each of the villains.

Contacted prime 1 about shipping costs to the U.S. and it will be $395. So if you want the exclusive from prime it would be $1800 total. That’s a big bill.

Contacted prime 1 about shipping costs to the U.S. and it will be $395. So if you want the exclusive from prime it would be $1800 total. That’s a big bill.

While it's a nicely sculpted full-figure EX, IMO it's not worth spending that much extra for. The regular already has everything that a perfect representation of TBWL and his Robins needs.

If I were to buy this and Prime1 slyly made one of his 3 Robins an EX (instead of a bonus 4th Robin), then I would do everything I can to afford the extra cash needed for that EX. Thank goodness Prime1 is not like that.

Just looking at the statue itself, and not knowing the story/background, I feel the EX piece is totally unnecessary. The piece with the three demonic Robins is perfect as-is. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I actively dislike the EX piece because color wise it doesn't even match the tone of the statue itself. It's too vividly painted while the statue is darker and more brooding.

I love the exclusive with the bloody court of the owls mask. Think about it, your getting 5 statues in 1 for 1399. Price is not bad when you look at current market conditions.

This will be a grail piece for sure. If it was 1/4 scale I would have been all over it

I love the exclusive with the bloody court of the owls mask. Think about it, your getting 5 statues in 1 for 1399. Price is not bad when you look at current market conditions.

That is, if you're getting it @SRP, yeah, sure. Great value considering today's standards.

But if you're going to pay a huge overhead for shipping from Prime 1 direct since you've missed out on Sideshow or you're neither from Japan (Prime 1's Homebase) nor the US (for Sideshow), IMO the EX is not worth the extra that's about $400, and that's just the shipping charges.

Well it did go onto Waitlist on Sideshow's website, in just a few hours after it went up for preorder.

True, I shoulda said the 500 totally sold-out worldwide. With the DX still being available on the Prime 1 home site, in reality that translates into Sideshow still having potential stock for future orders. IMHO, if one gets on the Waitlist even now, their chances are still very good towards acquiring it.

The ex is nice but I feel it’s not necessary for this piece to shine.

Back