Prime 1 Ahab Predator 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is a predator from a comics book? . . .

Yarp - https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Predator:_Fire_and_Stone

He also featured in a number of connected stories - I've read them all but it was a while ago now so don't remember too many details other than Ahab being a badass.

The link states:

"Predator: Fire and Stone formed the Predator component of Dark Horse's franchise-crossing Fire and Stone event in 2014/2015, and was released in conjunction with Prometheus: Fire and Stone, Aliens: Fire and Stone and Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone. The four series all share an interconnected story."

Nice catch spike. These things cost too much for me to buy them all, so I won't actually be ordering these comic statues for the most part (Waiting on "Prey to the heavens" though!) But I do think that this is a really cool looking statue, base and all even though I'd definitely have gone down the engineer route with this guy. Maybe they'd need a different license to include actual parts of an Engineer mind....

Nice catch spike. These things cost too much for me to buy them all, so I won't actually be ordering these comic statues for the most part (Waiting on "Prey to the heavens" though!) But I do think that this is a really cool looking statue, base and all even though I'd definitely have gone down the engineer route with this guy. Maybe they'd need a different license to include actual parts of an Engineer mind....

I can do without ANY reminder of those last 2 god-awful "alien franchise" movies thank-you-very-much :lol

I'll admit this and the Japanese-inspired one have grown on me (much more than PRIME's earlier comic-related releases) - but like yourself can't justify the prices given the size of my collection nowadays. I'd have snapped them up a few years back though (before things got out of control in chez-Spike). I really wish PRIME1 had been around 10-15 years back so we hadn't been tempted to put up with Sadshow's mediocrity.

Also like yourself - if that "PREY TO THE HEAVENS" sculpt is done, and done to their current standards - I'll find it VERY hard to resist!

image.png

I might pull the trigger on this one, he looks awesome.

Ahab managed to kill an Engineer. But it was a one sided beatdown for a long while, as the Engineer was manhandling and pulverizing Ahab, broke an arm and a leg, but in the end, Ahab pulled out the upset.

Ahab battles the Engineer:

Whilst further exploring the jungle, Galgo and Ahab eventually, rather accidentally, meet the Engineer face to face. Galgo suddenly flees the scene, much to Ahab's surprise and after a brief battle, the Engineer quickly overpowers him, breaking an arm and a leg. Ahab retreats back into the Perses, the Engineer in hot pursuit. Ahab in a last ditch effort, manages to impale a harpoon into the Engineer's chest. The Engineer, however, is able to tear it out and prepares to finish Ahab off. Just before the Engineer kills the weakened Predator, Galgo returns and shoots him in his chest wound with the Engineer rifle that Galgo had previously found. Ahab finishes the job by setting a Self-Destruct Device, escaping the Perses and blowing up the ship.

After the two witnessed the the Perses explode, Ahab returned to the wreckage and began searching through it as Galgo, confused, tried to tell him that the Engineer was dead. The Yautja then grabbed the Engineer's skull and spinal column, holding it up in victory as he roared. Galgo, now alongside Foster, Chris and Jill, who came to investigate the explosion, said that he was beginning to like Ahab. Foster replied "Yeah, until he kills us next.", but Galgo told her they were too "minor league" for him. As the Yautja walked away, Galgo commented that Ahab "finally got his whale".

5087533-predator%20vs%20engineers.jpg

5078556-defeats+ahab.png

05092016_01.jpg

Looks great! I just don’t have the room though. I have the 1/3 on preorder.

Of all the Predators besides P1 and P2 and P2 Elder (which has never been released as anything but a Hot Toy 1/6), I have to say that this guy is the best looking character. It absolutely trounces anything from the newest movie.

I could see myself somehow ordering this eventually just as a one off, cool Predator with no special connection for me...but that price tho....

Will this be true 1/4 or 1/3.5? According to the website, it's 85cm tall. Just a couple inches shy of the 1/3 Jungle Hunter.

1/4
It's additional height is due to its thicker than usual base.

Yeah, that slaughtered creature base makes him tall. The 1/3 is standing on a flat surface.

Ahab is 1/4.

Back