Statue Predator Barbarian Mythos Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . Also, they need to bring back the name plates for these, I get why some people don't like them with statues etc, but they worked well with this line and added a touch of class . . .

S'funny - I actually don't like those nameplates - a case of "less is more sometimes" ( see what I did there? :wink1: :) )

Awesome sculpt! I actually dig the whole design allot as well. The head tilt might be something to get used to. Maybe it is depending on the viewing angle. Anyway, it seems the Predator themed Mythos line of SS might be more a winner as the ALIEN one.

S'funny - I actually don't like those nameplates - a case of "less is more sometimes" ( see what I did there? :wink1: :) )

That's alright, it's not often that you're wrong :lol I kid, but the name plates actually add quite a bit to these imo, in terms of presence and class. The Wolf looked naked when it arrived and I put it beside all of the other Alien and Predator LSB's with name plates. I mean it looked plastic as well, but that's another issue....

Plastic or not...the Wolf bust sculpt is still better looking than that Mythos one.

Plastic or not...the Wolf bust sculpt is still better looking than that Mythos one.

Oh definitely, it's amazing. Although the sculpt was never the issue, it was the final production pieces which were awful. It will be interesting to see what kind of ES this one receives, the mythos Alien stuff all has really low numbers and I'm not sure this will do much better.

Somebody posted pics of one recently on FB, so they did actually ship some. I would be very surprised if they sold all 300 though. I presume they cut the run short and sold what they could. That said, they didn't hesitate to cancel the old Elder Predator LSB which must have received way more pre-orders than this weird Sideways bust? Only thing I can think is that these are now at such a high price to the point where they can sell fewer and still make more money.

I went off and found the pics. It actually turned out fairly good relative to the prototype, which is good for those who like it as a concept. I really don't, it looks like it's falling over. Seriously weird design choice to have the head so tilted. And those fused dreads are next level "cookie jar" bad. Other than those two fairly large points, it could have been a really nice little bust tbh. His armour looks awesome! Sideshow really are weird sometimes, they actually put some effort in on occasion and then bring it all down with a few downers whether it be intentional (As with this) Or questionable areas of accuracy as with their old P2 maquette.

Pics by David Hernandez on FB.

jjjDBvo.jpg

PJ16D5w.jpg

lV8NUwD.jpg

Back