Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 295219
Here we go again I hope it will work this time! I have finished this piece few days ago it's fully repainted! I done the complete armor the discs, body, bio, chromed blades, customized the head into a closed mouth version with replaced dentals quills and a open mouth edition! The breathing mask is replaceable with a hum scull with spine! The entire piece is repainted hope you like it guys thx once again for the advices to post my pics here!

Yavuz

Beautiful work- I would love to get the dead human - LMK if possible to get one

Can anyone tell me the actual height of the predator without the base
thanks in advance

no longer lonely :wink1:

Attachments

• DSCN5301.JPG
    DSCN5301.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN5749.JPG
    DSCN5749.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 216
You can see the innovation in the predator poses right there

Yep! I thought exactly the same when I placed them together. And there will not be a big difference with the pose of the legs for the forthcoming Predator Jungle Hunter maquette...

The Predator Team... :)

Attachments

• DSCN6143.JPG
    DSCN6143.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN6161.JPG
    DSCN6161.JPG
    460.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN6156.JPG
    DSCN6156.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 135
I do think that they really sold it out. This statue has got many bad critics in the forums because the ones that we are writing here (a relatively low % of the total number of collectors) expected a much better representation of the character (in terms of similarity to the character in the movie). However, for those (and they are many... me included) that wanted a Predator 1:4 statue, this was a good chance to get one. And I find it to be very impressive in person (again, and this is important, to my eyes).

I must say that I love this statue and I prefer it over the presented Jungle Hunter based on the pictures posted by people from events (and not only promo pictures). An open mouth for the forthcoming P1 version would have definitely changed my mind... but it is not the case. Add to this the use of so-so mixed media in the P1 (look the leather-kind pants in the real pics...) and the result is not as promising as it might be initially expected when news came about the preparation of a new P1. More curious to see what XM is preparing (even if we should not expect a film representation... but still...).

I do think that they really sold it out. This statue has got many bad critics in the forums because the ones that we are writing here (a relatively low % of the total number of collectors) expected a much better representation of the character (in terms of similarity to the character in the movie). However, for those (and they are many... me included) that wanted a Predator 1:4 statue, this was a good chance to get one. And I find it to be very impressive in person (again, and this is important, to my eyes).

I must say that I love this statue and I prefer it over the presented Jungle Hunter based on the pictures posted by people from events (and not only promo pictures). An open mouth for the forthcoming P1 version would have definitely changed my mind... but it is not the case. Add to this the use of so-so mixed media in the P1 (look the leather-kind pants in the real pics...) and the result is not as promising as it might be initially expected when news came about the preparation of a new P1. More curious to see what XM is preparing (even if we should not expect a film representation... but still...).

What gets the Jungle Hunter the extra marks over the city hunter and overall a better statue is the bio helmet, problem city hunter has got is not only the dreads, the head sculpt and bio helmet sideshow got totally wrong, the city looks fantastic on the sides, face him straight up it looks terrible. The Jungle Hunter if you not happy with the unmasked head, the bio look is spot on to the film. So the city Hunter for me suffers big time for the poor attempt the masked and unmasked heads, if the unmasked head was better painted I would like it more, its just so lazy painted, custom jobs have brought the statue to life, but I feel it should not take someone else to bring the piece to life when its already pretty damn expensive piece. Its just a shame has I do love the city hunter character has one of my all time fave hunters. I still want a city hunter, just going to have to wait in 4 years time when I have all my collection in order, to save up and get an artist to give this statue a total repaint and extra attention to details to make this piece a masterpiece, its still a great sculpt just lacking big time on the paint app

I love mine.. has a prime spot in my display. Still looking for the exclusive disc hand though.

703a6738d0c1957ccd420a9f54eee0c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back