Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks HMS. I noticed the rod has a ridge in it and the slot isn't perfectly round but mine has some gloop in the hole. Dunno if its paint or polystone.

Matturib21, If you like/liked it it shouldn't matter what anyone else said about it. Are you not able to form your own opinions?

I ordered day one, Cancelled, ordered again and cancelled.
The whole episode has been one big joke. We knew, day one, about issues but then the factory pictures of him leaning followed, the cancellation by SS, then talk of decals. It was all too much to handle.

I formed the opinion, all on my own :wink1:, a long time ago that this wasn't worth $1,200 plus postage and 20% V.A.T of my money and publicly stated I would wait for the Reg to get discounted down the line.
If they couldn't sell 400 Ex over two years it made sense the Reg would need a discount to move.

First in hand pictures did look quite bad but then more emerged which looked a lot better.
Then I watched a high quality YouTube review and it looked pretty decent.
Later I discovered the discount, through years of experience with Sideshow and their sales tactics, on the Ex so that was a no brainer.

If it makes you feel better this probably still cost me more, to my door, than you paid.
International collecting is a whole different ball game.

I'm a huge Predator fan and didn't want to miss out on a 1:4 P2.
Do I wish it was better? Yes! Am I happy to own one? Yes!

Enjoy your statue :peace

P1030019.JPG

P1030011.JPG

P1030017.JPG

P1030021.JPG

P1030025.JPG

P1030030.JPG

P1030034.JPG

P1030039.JPG

P1030023.JPG

Nice pics Collectorcol ! :)

So here's my load of photos and the video review will be up soon in HD:

Photos....and about 50 more on my blog. I really wanted to get that armor shine in the photos...with the right light and playing with contrast levels it looks terrific:
Sideshow Collectibles Predator 2 maquette exclusive video and photo review

7.jpg

36.jpg

I decided to repaint the mandible gums with a more fleshy tone and some pink highlights. And added clear gloss around the mouth area. Not sure if this will be final, but i dig it more than the standard out of the box look:
gums.jpg

Here the gap between biomask and head...very minor issue...its only that obvious because of white background and lots of light...you wont look at it like this:
49.jpg

10.jpg

27.jpg

46.jpg

30.jpg

33.jpg

54.jpg

1.jpg

55.jpg

Last edited:
. . . So here's my load of photos . . . and about 50 more <+video> on my blog . . .

Thank you SO much for all of this :clap It must have taken you ages to put everything together.

The repaint on the gums is another great (and easy) improvement to this piece.

An informed, unbiased and fair review - and I hope everybody appreciates the time & effort you spent on the photos and the video :hi5: (and LOVE the accent mate!)

Thanks HMS. I noticed the rod has a ridge in it and the slot isn't perfectly round but mine has some gloop in the hole. Dunno if its paint or polystone . . .

Same here my friend - just use one of those tiny screwdrivers and turn it round in the hole - result is no more "gloop" (or intentional key) and the blimmin' thing fits brilliant!

Great looking pics from everyone!

A couple pages back it was mentioned about redoing the Bio helmet without resculpting the head and I think it can be done since the hero mask looks to be bigger and hang over the crown of the head. You should be able to loosen the glue by heating it up with a heat gun and prying the mask off gently.

Xeno nice work
I haven't watched the video yet, did you do anything else to the paint other than the face?
Im unsure how much I want to change it. Pics look real good!
Thanks for sharing with us

Thanks HMS. I noticed the rod has a ridge in it and the slot isn't perfectly round but mine has some gloop in the hole. Dunno if its paint or polystone.

Matturib21, If you like/liked it it shouldn't matter what anyone else said about it. Are you not able to form your own opinions?

I ordered day one, Cancelled, ordered again and cancelled.
The whole episode has been one big joke. We knew, day one, about issues but then the factory pictures of him leaning followed, the cancellation by SS, then talk of decals. It was all too much to handle.

I formed the opinion, all on my own :wink1:, a long time ago that this wasn't worth $1,200 plus postage and 20% V.A.T of my money and publicly stated I would wait for the Reg to get discounted down the line.
If they couldn't sell 400 Ex over two years it made sense the Reg would need a discount to move.

First in hand pictures did look quite bad but then more emerged which looked a lot better.
Then I watched a high quality YouTube review and it looked pretty decent.
Later I discovered the discount, through years of experience with Sideshow and their sales tactics, on the Ex so that was a no brainer.

If it makes you feel better this probably still cost me more, to my door, than you paid.
International collecting is a whole different ball game.

I'm a huge Predator fan and didn't want to miss out on a 1:4 P2.
Do I wish it was better? Yes! Am I happy to own one? Yes!

Enjoy your statue :peace
I do not need to explain anything to you buddy, plus your saying the same thing I did and had many of the same ideas, I think these forums are just funny and pple have no idea who any one is on here unless they know each other, so pple opened my eyes to some issues that I had with it too however the pple ended up buying it cuz the discount so I was loyal from the start so lets drop this petty bs and enjoy ur statue and I will enjoy mine ok, nice knowing you!

I'm pretty sure it's resin flash, every one of us has it. I just squeezed my cannon onto it and it popped in. But the screwdriver would work just as well, I was just impatient and figured the arm would be hard enough to go through the resin flash . . .

Xeno nice work
I haven't watched the video yet, did you do anything else to the paint other than the face?
Im unsure how much I want to change it. Pics look real good!
Thanks for sharing with us

Hey averone, i only painted the gums and the paint flaw at the cheek. All the body and armor is the same. You really have to put a lot of light on it that you can get such armor paint effects...i'm using daylight bulbs and put them real close to the statue. In photoshop i did only minor adjustments (brightness, contrast), but no modification. Looking at it right now in normal light exposure it looks about like on this photo:

32.jpg

@Heavy Metal Spike:
Thank you very much. :) :hi5: Yes, it was quite some work...about 7 hours with the video and post-production...but its good to hear that the effort seems to pay off.

Fantastic photos and awesome review xeno! really comes to life with your lighting and photography.

got mine in. Really like it. Imo, it's a well done piece overall. I will use the few hundred I saved to have some touch ups done, but I don't think it will disappoint many.

Azurepred you are a big high end Pred collector and have owned most of the high end Pred pieces. Further you have pretty high standards. If you are overall satisfied with this piece, your opinion holds a lot of credibility. Would you have felt as satisfied if you had paid full 1200 and shipping and tax for it?

It's hard to say because frankly, without the discount, I wouldn't have purchased it anytime soon. I'd say it's worthy of a $900-1000 price tag, so a couple hundred above that prolly isn't too insane of an idea.

Compared to the Wolf LSF, which I don't have anymore, I'd say one would get more for their money with this one cause the paint apps are very similar, but the QC on this is way better. Packaging on both kinda blows in comparison with some other companies. I think the armor and skin is slightly better than Wolf actually. The base and pose is what really makes Wolf unique. I won't be surprised to see SS try to start making those again with it being open ES and all.

I beg to differ on the Wolf I think part of the 2k price tag was the insane production costs associated with it It's just a lot more ambitious and complicated piece with several separately molded and produced parts. I remember spending A LOT of time putting him together. The P2 in comparison was very simple to put together Literally 1 min.

Chinese factory prices go up not down. With the high ambition of the piece also came a pretty high incidence of damage. Putting all that together and seeing the difficulties Sideshow had with this relatively straightforward piece I just don't think they'll ever go back to making more. Just not worth it with essentially zero profit margin.

if you sold it for 5-7k congrats but I don't think there is any chance of getting this again at MSRP from Sideshow reopening this one ... With everything that has happened I wouldn't be surprised to see them back slowly away from any more Pred pieces for awhile.

You could possibly end up with the best looking maquette. Glad to hear it and looking forward to your update. :duff

Cheers dude, some people say it devalue's the statue, I am in the collecting for having the best representation of my statue's, not making money and I cannot wait to get the 2 heads and the spear redone, that is my only nitpicks, the spear, and the 2 heads. Defiantly cannot wait for him to short out the egg shape of the bio helmet out. The rest of the statue is fantastic of what I have seen, my statue arrives in July, so say August you will see the 3 improvements that it truly deserves

That bio helmet cannot wait to sort it out to look like this

Back