Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we should start discussing how to achieve world peace, and cure all known sicknesses.

(* hey - it would probably be easier to achieve than getting us all to agree on this :) *)

I personally don't mind the differing opinions, as long as people are polite. The troll(s) on the other forum are an example of those I don't like being around. MOST people here are pretty cool.

And I'll add this as a positive as well . . .

Based on the photos so far, I think the delay in getting this out paid off - the quality (and QC?) is better than I expected Sideshow to deliver.

If they had used the time to address the glaring issues that were repeatedly pointed out to them - I would have bought this at a snap - and so would hundreds of others. The thing would have totally sold out (EX + REG) within a couple weeks of 1st pics hitting.

So - for what it's worth - well done Sideshow for seemingly getting the quality & QC improved on this.

It could have been a LOT worse that's for sure!

Based on the photos so far, I think the delay in getting this out paid off - the quality (and QC?) is better than I expected Sideshow to deliver.

If they had used the time to address the glaring issues that were repeatedly pointed out to them - I would have bought this at a snap - and so would hundreds of others. The thing would have totally sold out (EX + REG) within a couple weeks of 1st pics hitting.

So - for what it's worth - well done Sideshow for seemingly getting the quality & QC improved on this.

I completely agree that they should have listened and changed it when the issues were spelled out to them. Maybe the fact that he will languish on their site for some time (even the exclusive) will make them think twice the next time.

I am just glad they painted within the lines and the stickers aren't crooked : )

I completely agree that they should have listened and changed it when the issues were spelled out to them. Maybe the fact that he will languish on their site for some time (even the exclusive) will make them think twice the next time.

I am just glad they painted within the lines and the stickers aren't crooked : )

LOL - yeah - there's certainly been a few releases that WASN'T true for :)

My apologies if I'm being dumb (my forgetter isn't what it used to be) - but did you go through with your order? (I've lost track of those who dropped out after ordering when it was re-released.

April%202015%20re-preorder%20v4.0_zpsruip8lqu.jpg

Guy who got this loves it and he is not shy about hating on SSC and sending pieces back he is not happy with.

It's not perfect IMO andnd for the price it should be... If this was 500.00 I would say it was worth it.

Paint is a bit uninspired and the base could use a lot better paint apps..

Not perfect but looks better then the abomination some think it is... Imo anyways :)

Posted in statueforum.

12400966_10208722541490378_5082893211856395988_n.jpg

1933525_10208722531890138_3301138188324345438_o.jpg

12465875_10208722531850137_1713497464670625866_o.jpg

12540743_10208722542130394_7689381654831813562_n.jpg

12513611_10208722532650157_1561669233263536925_o.jpg

12513611_10208722533450177_1637292882426454522_o.jpg

12496403_10208722542370400_8720519418856162611_o.jpg

12469508_10208722544570455_8805092426563328357_o.jpg

Personally, I would like the discussion to evolve into something more constructive...buy hey, that's just me : )

Actually, there has been a heck of a lot of constructive feedback in this thread, it wasn't acted on and it is too late for that now.

These pictures are much better, the paint isn't great, that bio and dreads are so bad, so why do I still kind of want one?

Well said sir.

I'm getting him but i don't need to force that fact down anyones throat ;ike some of the guys over there. I think a few of the guys on SF need it to be approved by others so they can justify having it instead of just buying it because THEY want it, and really that's all it should come down to.

Actually, there has been a heck of a lot of constructive feedback in this thread, it wasn't acted on and it is too late for that now.

These pictures are much better, the paint isn't great, that bio and dreads are so bad, so why do I still kind of want one?

I have trouble with all the problems it has just like a lot of us lol, but everytime i've skipped out on something because of that i've regretted it.

Basically I WANT IT.

I have no idea why but i want it, everything is saying i shouldn't but i do.

If in 6 months i think whhhhyyyy and i lose money, i don't care wt this point, i needed to scratch this particular itch.

I have trouble with all the problems it has just like a lot of us lol, but everytime i've skipped out on something because of that i've regretted it.

Basically I WANT IT.

I have no idea why but i want it, everything is saying i shouldn't but i do.

If in 6 months i think whhhhyyyy and i lose money, i don't care wt this point, i needed to scratch this particular itch.

I completely understand, the P2 is my guy, he's my Superman or Batman if you will. I understand completely why some (more casual fans maybe) think this is the best thing ever. But I look at this and it drives me mad because it is so close in some areas, and so very bad in others, it is as if they had mad the best batman statue in existence, but his cowl has bunny ears instead of bat ears. As a casual batman fan, it wouldn't drive me insane but I bet the batfans would have a thing or two to say about it. The dreads on this are exactly the same thing to me, and the bio is **** frankly and the EX item is an unusable mistake. But then I see the good bits of it also, the pose, the presence I know it will have as an owner of the SWS P1. I want to vote with my wallet because this isn't good enough for the money, but at the same time, I know I'll probably regret it if I don';t at least give it a shot in person. I don't know, I think I'll sleep on it. I have at least paid off my Chronicle 1/4 endo, I could cancel that to make the cost of this a bit more bearable, Hmmm.

I do wonder if the headband is removable though? I don't like those Karate Predators personally ;) (Kidding sensitive people) But those eyebrows are very poor.

NEdGxU8.jpg

Your right I did not even see that bad paint job my bad however, I use the mask, anyways sorry guys just got caught up in a new statue and I usually look at everything. Well my mistake hope its all forgiven!

Paint apps look waay off, looks like a 550 dollar statue, would look sick with a Dunaway paint job

I'm more or less on the same boat, but opposite verdict. I mean, I love the city hunter to bits. He is THE beast i'd love to own. And for this exact reason I can't push myself to even consider the purchase. I love many things, say, I love Batman. I'm spending more than 1k for a custom niche iteration of Batman. I'd spend a few hundreds more in a heartbeat for the city hunter, but not for his dork unaccurate and badly painted stepbrother.
I know that once in hand, the issues would bug me everytime I look at it, been there, done that. And I think I have the right, to some degree, to be bitter about it since the chance of seeing another big scale city hunter in a reasonable timeframe are... none? Pretty much.

Your right I did not even see that bad paint job my bad however, I use the mask, anyways sorry guys just got caught up in a new statue and I usually look at everything. Well my mistake hope its all forgiven!

The mask is the worst bit imo.. Although It would be nice to see some detailed shots of the production mask if anybody gets the chance please. I suspect the colour is off in those last pictures.

Im sorry guys the more I see the production piece the more I see the problems especially with the paint job, I do apologize again for that! Anyways thanks

The mask is fine I had no problems with that the color seems ok I am looking at it right now and comparing it to the real predator so again looks ok, however I understand all the hate for the face period!

A part of me loves it and wants it and a part of me has issues with some of the paint and sculpt choices. It doesn't help that I'm in "Predator mode" now that I just opened my Masked Hunter Legendary Scale Bust.

I think I should hold off though for now.

Guys... If you go back and re-read what all of our hopes were at the beginning of the sneak peak of this maquette, you would clearly see a simple answer.
Sideshow Collectibles have delivered a poor attempt at the real first 'could be quality' Predator 2 Maquette we have all been waiting for! Especially those with the original SWS Predator Maquette.

Through this hobby and forums like this I have come to know certain people and how they deliver their constructive criticism on pieces and rightly so as these pieces all put a dent in our wallets wether your loaded or not and for that dent we all want a good reflection on the movie characters authenticity and 'fairly' accurate representation of its original screen showing...As ultimately that's what this hobby is about!

It seems from reading through the posts that most of the people who have actually purchased this Maquette aren't true Predator fans, which of course is more than fine, which is why it is now becoming apparent on people's expectations and what they would settle for is a 'decent' representation of the City Hunter we have all come to love!

So... Simple Scenario...
I hypothetically purchase this Maquette, I place it next to my Wolf LSF or Predator Maquette (to be lol) and sure... From a distance it looks pretty badass!
(For those who actually have this please bare with me as I go through this story as you will appreciate the content)
... Friends and family come over like they do and say "woah, that looks sick" and rightly so to the untrained eye.
However, friends and family leave not having spent the cash I have on this piece... (And to put it straight I am not saying I purchase these pieces to show off, I purchase these because every single day I look at them and they immerse me in to the world of the movies I so deeply love and have a connection with)
I then take a moment to reflect on my new P2...
Because actually...
The City Hunter I know has quills. He has a larger spear, his Bio should be copper coloured with hints of green rust etc... He has a red laser on his mask... His mask actually looks different, both Hero and stunt to this thing I've got...His dreads are not perms, his facial skin colouration is not a dull faded wash...
In fact hang fire... Let's look at my (one day to be) Predator Maquette, which is 10 years old and was $200 cheaper! Oh look... Quills, amazing real skin looking paint application, light up masked portrait, hands look like how a professional $1000 statue should be, well painted and realistic! Oh I see now... MOVIE ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So moral of the story...
This is not a 'dig' or a 'b*t**ing' review, but a realistic perspective from a Predator fan. Who am I to you... No one... 'Rogue Predator' on a forum who says a few things here and there. Fact is I, along with all of you are collectively what makes this hobby function and continue and without us... Well... No hobby left. So for all those who have precisely and factually criticised this piece because you aren't happy with certain aspects have EVERY right to! And for those who defend the piece and its 'inaccurate flaws' also have every right to so no one needs to get hyped and act like a donkey!

$1200 + all fees for world wide collectors is an investment. Should have this been $400 then these comments we all make would be less justified and less relevant, but is wasn't. Sideshow removed the original release from pre-order for what... Because I clearly can't see why! They 99.9% were aware of all of our gripes against the inaccuracies and could of taken that on board from their 'customers' and nailed this, but hey... They didn't and we have had this 60% decent Predator Maquette manufactured and delivered.

Anyways...
This piece isn't for me and deep down I feel like I'm missing nothing by not investing on this because I truly feel it'll be a lost maquette in time to come given the quality from other competitors that are to hit our display shelves in time to come!

My money will be saved for those for now...

If you actually sat and read this, thanks, and I hope you see what I tried to convey whilst tired and frustrated.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

The mask is fine I had no problems with that the color seems ok I am looking at it right now and comparing it to the real predator so again looks ok, however I understand all the hate for the face period!

The mask is TOTALLY the wrong shape - ZERO question about that.

Matt - over to your good self to re-re-re-re-post the side-by-side (please).

Back