Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

You think HT will be cheap? :rotfl

Nope but I bet it's less than half the price of this, more accurate and with far superior paint apps.

Maybe Hot Toys will start doing big statues one day to compete with SS :dunno
Still I'm very much looking forward to getting this :yess:

My custom Magneto from MadXcollector cost $750.

It's better than most X-men PF by miles but yes obviously making your own custom from scratch is going to be a costly business.

All it takes is a passionate fan and some cash to blow SS out the water though. If there were alternate company's making Predators this wouldn't be $1200 in a million years. Like the other guys have said Narins work is a cut above the rest. How you can get details wrong is beyond me but its not the first and won't be the last.

By the way I'm not trying to bring negativity to the thread or the statue, again I'm sure most people will love it and again it's a solid piece but I'm not alone in my stance, the statue forum seems even worse to be honest. It's constructive criticism.

Hope marvel doesn't find out about his side projects

:exactly:
Order or GTFO! :lol

Joking Matt :1-1:

Ha, i'll let you off. It isn't quite that simple for me, I have waited years and years for a P2 statue like this, he is just about my favorite character. And then SS pull this and completely out price most hard working folk who have supported them through the years. I'll stick around and add my constructive criticism until my fingers bleed and my keyboard implodes because I want to order this... but I want them to at least try and justify that ludicrous price before I consider it seriously. The spear is a silly mistake, doesn't bother me as much as other issues but it shouldn't have happened and they could easily fix it. Hopefully it was just an over site and now we have informed them they will size it up a bit. Likewise the dreads are a silly mistake and the main reason I cannot bring myself to pay so much for it. If they just look at pictures of the actual P2 they will easily see their mistake.

Remember folks, this is our chosen hobby, our love and We are all in this together whether we be huge kiss arse fan boys or Critics. We'll all be priced out soon so the least we can do for now is try and get the best pieces possible, Not asking for 100% accuracy, just a few less silly mistakes. :1-1:

Nope but I bet it's less than half the price of this, more accurate and with far superior paint apps.

I agree but didn't the first Predator Maquette look really good as far paint applications go? I know a lot people that passed on the CM Predator for SS's Maquette. So it must of been good then right? :dunno Why can't they do the same again?

Maybe Hot Toys will start doing big statues one day to compete with SS :dunno

Well they did an Alien vs Predator diorama before so anything is possible.

I ordered.
Yes, not happy with the price, of course not - It's tripple the price of a 1/4 fig, but as many already said - When and where are we going to see another P2 of that size and detail... As for spear and dreads - True, they are not exactly spot-on, however even if not fixed, I will still be happy, because the second I look at him, there is no mistake which predator is it.

On a side note - No one is getting priced out of the hobby. People were complaining and saying that when HT went from 120 to 150 to 180 to now 400, and they still buying. Same with PFs and other types of collectibles. If anything, people will get priced out of an item, a line, or manufacturer. If I like predators, terminators, or whatever, and cant afford SS, I will switch to NECA, or Hasbro, or whoever, but I will have my character represented in my collection.

With all that being said - Big middle finger goes out to SS for this ridiculous blindsiding price!

I ordered.
Yes, not happy with the price, of course not - It's tripple the price of a 1/4 fig, but as many already said - When and where are we going to see another P2 of that size and detail... As for spear and dreads - True, they are not exactly spot-on, however even if not fixed, I will still be happy, because the second I look at him, there is no mistake which predator is it.

On a side note - No one is getting priced out of the hobby. People were complaining and saying that when HT went from 120 to 150 to 180 to now 400, and they still buying. Same with PFs and other types of collectibles. If anything, people will get priced out of an item, a line, or manufacturer. If I like predators, terminators, or whatever, and cant afford SS, I will switch to NECA, or Hasbro, or whoever, but I will have my character represented in my collection.

With all that being said - Big middle finger goes out to SS for this ridiculous blindsiding price!

Congrats and well said :hi5:
It's going to take something really special for me to order anything else, once I've used my RP :wink1:
Hope BC LSB is still in stock when the become available to use :pray:

Congrats and well said :hi5:
It's going to take something really special for me to order anything else, once I've used my RP :wink1:
Hope BC LSB is still in stock when the become available to use :pray:

Please don't tell me you are using reward points on this!!!

A maquette is a small preliminary sculpture used to finalize a design before going full scale.
How in Zeus' butt hole does one call this a maquette? Film came out almost a quarter century ago.
If you really need an awesome p2 in your collection and have $1300 (after shipping) just eating a burning hole in your pocket have Joe Dunway himself clean you up a Neca 1/4 scale.
1300 on blah premium format that should be 400 to 600 on the very high end?
Don't be in such a rush to throw out your money. Anyone that has been a longtime predator collector should know by now that the next BETTER thing is only a few announcements away.
It's your money and this is only one fans opinion, but if you already see flaws in the prototype painted by the master it is not going to resolve itself in the production pieces.

A maquette is a small preliminary sculpture used to finalize a design before going full scale.
How in Zeus' butt hole does one call this a maquette? Film came out almost a quarter century ago.
If you really need an awesome p2 in your collection and have $1300 (after shipping) just eating a burning hole in your pocket have Joe Dunway himself clean you up a Neca 1/4 scale.
Don't be in such a rush to throw out your money. Anyone that has been a longtime predator collector should know by now that the next BETTER thing is only a few announcements away.
It's your money and this is only one fans opinion, but if you already see flaws in the prototype painted by the master it is not going to resolve itself in the production pieces.

:goodpost:

Nah. I'm too old to wait for the "..next BETTER thing only a few announcements away..". Might not live that long.
:D

arnold_schwarzenegger_Young_Photos-%257B2%257D.jpg

Please don't tell me you are using reward points on this!!!

:lol No!
I have 1355 available and 1880 pending. Once all my points are available, after this ships, I will get the Big Chap if still available.
Then bow out, sit back and enjoy :wink1:

I don't recall anyone having issues with the paint?

Neca 1:4? No thanks, I collect statues not toys :wink1:

who knows what's going to happen in the next ten months? Never mind longer :dunno :blissysmi

Back